c h a p t e r 4

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

 

“Like heck I’m gonna let you two do that.”

 

 

 

 

Oh no, it’s…

 

 

 

Kris Wu.” Lay spoke.

 

Ouch, my head…

“I think that door was locked.” He got up from his seat. “It wasn’t.” Kris’ breathing was really shallow. Oh my god, what hap------? “Oh, so that makes it okay to casually just barge in like that?” Lay was so pissed off.  “Well I had to step in before you got to choosing my baby’s name without me.”

 

“Just stop it! Please!”

I couldn’t help it. My head was hurting and they’re having WWIII in right in front of me, for flip’s sakes. “Amber, are you alright?” Yixing placed a hand on my shoulder and I gave a weak nod. Obviously, I was lying, but I just wanted them to shut their pie holes and not ignore my existence for one minute. “Mr. Wu,” I muttered, looking up at his clouded eyes. He looked hurt. I could tell. And since he’s hurt, and it’s kinda-----no, it is my fault-----I started to feel like the most evil person to ever walk on the face of the earth.  “We’ll talk,” I said.

 

 

 

                 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you pregnant?”

“Yes, sir,”

“Is it mine?”

I choked back the tears and closed my eyes. I don’t understand why he does this to himself. Can’t he see I’m giving him a choice to walk away from all this? Why is he so dumb?

“Yes, sir,”

 

He let out a short sigh and I kept my eyes glued to the ground no matter how much I wanted to look at his reaction. “I’m keeping the baby, Mr. Wu. You don’t have to worry, I’m not gonna ask for anything, I swear. I’m not gonna hold you responsible for it either. I just want to keep it-----“

I gasped when I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist. What the…? He buried his face at the crook of my neck and I could literally feel his heart beat really fast against my chest.  “Thank you,” he whispered softly against the back of my neck. My heart fluttered. “I swear I’ll be a good dad.” Oh no, don’t do that… “I swear I’ll protect you and the baby and I’ll give you a happy family. I’ll do my best to make you happy, Amber, I promise.”

 

 

Amber, stop.

 

 

 I caught myself before my hand reached the back of his head. I can’t hug him back. I can’t tell him that I should be the one thanking him and that I’m already happy just knowing he was happy about it. I was the one thinking straight. I was the one who knew better. And I was the one who decided to protect him anyways.

“You…you really don’t have to do that, sir,” I muttered, yanking his arms gently off me. I finally got to see his face and he gave me the most confused look I’ve ever seen. I know; I’d be confused too. Who turns down the Kris Wu? He’s…well, he’s everything. All-in-one, in a package. I’m crazy, I know. I’m crazy because I actually care about the man more than the pregnant me that I was willing to turn him down for his own good. I deserve a medal. Or a landmark named after me. Or a slap across the face for the stupidity of rejecting Mr. Right. Ugh, I don’t know.

 

 

“What are you saying?” he questioned. I bit my bottom lip and twiddled my thumbs. I tend to do that when I’m nervous. Ugh, Amber, take a deep breath. Keep calm and just say it. You can do this. You have to do this. Do not chicken out now. “You don’t need me in your life. You don’t need us in your life,” I placed a hand over my small baby bump. “And…we can survive without you too.”

Kris winced and I could swear a mixture of hurt and pain and sorrow and every single feeling you probably don’t ever want to feel swept over his pretty face. Oh god, did I do that? I feel even guiltier than before. Ergh, great. Just perfect.

 

 

“I...I don’t understand…” He looked so helpless and just lost for words that my heart started aching. Ugh, seriously, are we filming some kind of Korean drama here?! I hate this… “It’s my baby too. I want to be a part of its life,” he said, his voice turning stable now. Well done, Kris. Well done for getting your old sass back. I don’t know why, but I suddenly went all professional secretary on him.  “Mr. Wu, as your secretary, I’m telling you that the last thing you need in your life right now is an illegitimate child. The press won’t take it lightly and you’re getting married-----“

 

“You might not need me in your life but I need you!” he cried. “I need both of you…”

Well, that shut me up. Tears started welling up under his eyes and he just looked at me like a lost child. He pulled at his blonde hair as he sobbed quietly with his head down. I didn’t know how to react. For the past five years I’ve worked for him, I have never seen him this upset before. No, upset was definitely the understatement of the year. Erm, I don’t think they’ve created a word strong enough to describe what I was seeing through his eyes yet. So since I had no idea how I should act, I just went with my instincts.

I got up from my seat, knelt in front of him and placed his head against my stomach as I hushed him. Looking at it from another’s point of view, it was the most cliché moment ever, but I didn’t care. I needed to comfort him. The baby needed to comfort him too.  And I won’t deny it felt good to have him in my arms either. Our first family hug. You’re free to say ‘aww’ now. “Amber, please don’t say stuff like that. I can’t take it. I need you two. I don’t care about what anyone else says, but please don’t tell me that you don’t want me in your life because I want you in mine. I need you in mine. So please, don’t…” “Okay, shush. I won’t say it anymore.” I hushed. “We can always go for a double-custody parent arrangement thing, right? You and Miss Kwon can have the baby every half a month, then I’ll have the baby for about the same time and we can switch jobs-----“

 

 

“Wait wait, what are you talking about?” Kris suddenly looked up at me like I just said something that did not make sense. Uhm, did I say anything wrong? “Uh, what did I say?” I asked. “Amber, marry me.” What…? I tried so flipping hard to keep a straight face on and completely ignored the fact that my heart started racing infinity times faster and the butterflies in my tummy started doing double back-flips all at the same time. “I want a family with you. I want you to be by my side forever and I want to take care of you and make you happy.” If he thinks I’m saying ‘yes’ just because I’m his ‘Yes-woman’ then he is dreaming with his big, Chinese eyes wide open. “Huh, you call that a proposal?” I scoffed, leaning back to sit on the ground. He caught my hand in his and placed it against his chest. Damned electric shocks went down my spine. “Please, marry me.”

 

“No,” I said.

 

 

“What?” Kris whispered. Uhm, is he deaf? “No,” I repeated, loud and clear. “You’re getting married. You have Miss Kwon.” “And you have your flatmate.” Where the hell did that come from? “What does Lay have to do with this?” I asked because I actually had no freaking idea, like seriously. “Amber, are you pushing me towards Yuri because you want to marry Lay?” Now that’s funny. Too funny I started cracking up. Kris looked at me weirdly. “Erm, no, actually, Mr. Wu. I’m just thinking about the merging of K Group and Wu Enterprises. You know, the one that you’ve been losing sleep over planning for about a year now?” I reminded him, just in case he forgot. “We can cancel that,” Oh really now? “And what will your parents say about that?” I raised a brow. “They’ll support me as long as I’m happy.” He really did not think this through, did he?

 

“It’s getting late, sir. You should go home.” I said, getting up from the carpet because I could imagine Lay rolling in James Bond-style to tell me to get up because it’s dirty and it’s not good for the baby and I’m so reckless how would I ever manage to become a mother blah blah blah. “You really want me to go home? Now?” He looked at me incredulously. Uhm, yes. Now. “You have to, sir. Or did you forget what tomorrow is?” Kris got up and dusted his $2000 dress shirt. I know the price because I was there when he bought it from Paris three months ago.

 

“Okay, but don’t think fainting is an excuse not to go tomorrow. I expect you to be there,” he put a hand around my waist and kissed the top of my forehead. I rolled my eyes. Shows how much he cares about his baby. “Yes, sir,” I replied, because that’s what I always tell him anyway. He looked back at me like he wanted to say more. I just stared back. “I want you to know I’m doing this because it makes me happy.” Heart, keep your calm.

 

“Goodnight, Amber,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wu Enterprises’ Marketing Manager Kris Wu will now be addressing you,” the MC said. Everyone started clapping. Yaaaaaay, the 435th speech tonight. Woohoo. I can smell sweet & sour fish and it has been making me wanna puke in front of half of Asia’s royalty for the past hour now. I don’t get it. I love sweet & sour fish. Freaking hormones is mucking up my diet. After he’s done his speech, he’s going to let me go, right? He better or I will seriously flip tables.

 

Kris Wu/the heir to the Wu Enterprises/the father of my baby got up on the stage looking like a total prince who jumped out of a story book in his custom-made suit. See, this is the reason why girls throw himself at him. I bet even without his billion-dollar fortune, he’d have no trouble finding girls, which is the reason why he’s marrying Miss Yuri Kwon. Both good-looking, both well-bred and both incredibly rich. It’s a match made in heaven. I gulped down the peach sparkling. Why is my throat suddenly so dry?

“Thank you all for coming here tonight on Wu Enterprises’ 100th Anniversary.” Applause. Cameras flashed. “Amber, dear,” I turned around. Oh, it’s Mrs. Wu. I immediately bowed as I watched her come towards me with a big smile on. “How have you been, dear?” she whispered, pulling me into a hug. Eek, her perfume was too strong. I tried hard not to gag. It’s hormones again. “I’ve…been better, Madam,” I didn’t want to lie, okay? “Oh, what’s wrong, dear? Is something up?” She smiled at me and it was around that time when Kris started talking about his fiancée.

 

“No, not really, Madam. Just…some things came up.” I smiled with a nod. Mrs. Wu gave me a knowing smile. “Dear, I think Kris just called you,” What? I turned around. Uhm…why is everybody looking at me? This is incredibly awkward. “Me?” I mouthed at the lady. She nodded with an excited-looking smile. “My fiancée, Miss Amber Liu,” Judging by the way Kris said it, I’m guessing he’s said it once before.

 

 

Oh god, what has he done?

 

 

I turned to look up at him with horror on stage and he just gave me a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count     1,994

 

(A/N) I skipped school today because I'm lazy lol.

Naah, the year's ending anyway and we're doing nothing at school so I stayed home and updated the chapter you've probably all been waiting for.

/YAAAAAAAY

Kids, do not be lazy like author-nim, mkaay?

I love you all. Tharanghae. (heart)

Here's Kris and Lay on happier days when they're not fighting over our perfy Amber.