c h a p t e r 1 2

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

 

"Amber, I'm leaving. I want my kiss,"

 

She grunted in the most unlady-like way possible and still managed to look so flipping beautiful. Ugh. I should just wag from work, jump back into bed and hug her senseless until the next millennium. I like that plan.

 

My phone went off. "Holy cra-----" I grabbed it from the bedside table. Tao was calling. I glanced to check on Amber but Sleeping Beauty was sleeping like a log. I answered. "Huang Zitao, you little . You are so flipping dead. I will personally make you suffer a slow and painful demise from this planet, bury you six feet under and dance around your grave like one of those ingenuous little monkey people from the movies, I swear to Buddha." "What? What the hell did I do?" The little asked, clearly offended. "Me. Drunk. Amber's place?!" I tried not to go too psycho on him over the phone since my baby was still sleeping. "Oh, that. Lol. Ge, you should be thanking me and rewarding me handsomely for my efforts. You wouldn't have ended up getting it your way if my awesome self didn't exist." Good point. "Why did you call?" I grunted. "Awh, yeah. She's here." He replied. "Oh, good," I muttered, brushing Amber's fringe away from her cute forehead. "She's really pretty; tall, long legs, perfect proportions and everything. Noonjie's probably gonna go ape and shoot Frisbees at you." "She can't be prettier than Amber," I snorted. "Ugh, this is why they say people in-love are total loonies. Alright, whatever, but if you come crying to me 'cause you're on the verge of losing noonjie again, just know that I will smack a big, fat 'I told you so' right at your face and kick you off my porch." " say what?"

 

"I said have a safe trip to work, beloved and all-so powerful Gege," he hung up. Tch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Urgh..." Whoa, I slept pretty well considering that it's a new house, new room, new bedmate and all. I rubbed my eyes. What time is it? I checked the clock on the wall. 9:45am. OMG. "Boss?" I felt the empty space next to me. Where'd he go? I turned to the bedside table and found a note.

 

 

Thanks for last night, magic stress-relieving plaster :) x

 

 

I scoffed, and then smiled. He thinks he's so smart. I do a couple of stretches to work out my biceps and abs (lol, I know, how badass am I?) then picked up my phone to call my boss.  He picked up. "Hey, babe. You're awake," I could just imagine him smile. Badabump, badabump, my heart said. I cleared my throat. "Who said you could go to work without me?" I demanded. "Huh! You think you have the right to yell at me? Do you know I didn't even get to kiss you before I left this morning 'cause I was afraid Sleeping Beauty might wake up?" "Psh, so if I'm Sleeping Beauty, then you think you're The Prince?" "I'm tall, rich, good-looking to the point that people tremble at my presence and lacking in no way possible. I'm not just The Prince; I'm YOUR Prince," He chortled victoriously. I laughed at his sappiness, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't work. "Aw, come on, Miss Liu. Let me have my vain moments. Besides, morning kisses are entitled to every husband in existence each day before they leave for work to earn money for their families. It's like breakfast. It's the source of our energy, and today my soon-to-be wife failed epicly at both making me a nutritious breakfast and giving me my morning kiss. I'm wronged, I feel like I should sue someone." I bit my lip in annoyance. "Hey, do you think we're main characters in some sort of drama here?" I questioned. "Hey, morning kisses are a necessity. Don't think you can deprive me of my rights just 'cause you think I don't know that stuff," he said. God, he is such a baby. So annoyingly cute. "Fine! You're making a big deal about going to work like a 'good husband'? I'll show you what a real 'good wife' is." "Erm, what are you talking about?" "Don't eat any lunch or I'll make you regret it." "Eh? What-----?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hung up because I liked the idea of the great Kris Wu squirming in his seat like he's got ants in his pants for the rest of the day and just dying from curiosity. I pressed '1' on my speed dial. "Xing Xing, Zhang Yixing!" I kinda screamed at the phone 'cause I was excited. "What the bleep-----?! Amber?" I scared him. Whoops. Heehee. "Hey, Xing. Are you busy on this auspicious day-off from work?" I asked. "Well, I've been watching the Venus fly trap we bought last month for an hour. I decided to name it Trappy, by the way. Trappy ate four flies already!" Ew. That's gross. "Wow, sounds fun. Hey, you wanna come over to our place and help me make some kimbap for my hubby?" I waited, and waited. "Uhm, hello? Are you still breathing?" Why wasn't he saying anything? "Hello? Yixing! Oh my God, Trappy didn't eat you too, did she?!" "Calm your farm, Yiyun. Trappy wouldn't betray me like that," Finally, he made a noise. "Uh, yeah. Sure, I'll help...I guess..." "Awesomeness. I'll text you the address. Love ya!"

 

I stared at my phone and grinned. Lay, Zhang Yixing, my bestfriend-slash-flatmate-slash-the-brother-like-figure to me, Laynicorn, is coming to our house. We help each other when we need it-----love problems included, of course. Like that time in year 6 when Meiyu (this girl in our class whose dad owned restaurants and hotels overseas) had this massive-as crush on Lay and I helped him get rid of her by pretending to pass love notes in class. Meiyu 'accidentally' had to see them. Then when we were in intermediate school, Yixing beat this dude (who was eight years older than us) up for trying to touch me. ia at its peak right there. And in high school...well, it was pretty quiet 'cause I started going out with Luhan and lived my five years in high school completely engrossed with my first puppy love, but anyways, this time shouldn't be any different. What's wrong with asking him to help me become a 'good wife' to Kris? Nothing. Na-da, 'cause Lay and I are best buddies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"He's such an egghead. He thinks I 'failed epicly' as a 'good wife'? Well, Imma walk into work like a boss and slap this beautiful piece of art right at his stupid, beautiful face,"

I watched Amber tie a ribbon on to the handle of the doshirak with a smile, and the stupid feeling of wanting to be the reason she was smiling was creepin' on me yet again. I'm so confused. Before, I got so pissed off at how Amber talked about Kris Wu like he was some sort of God walking among mortals that she needed to appease all the flipping time, but for the last three godforsaken hours whilst we made lunch for His Majesty, she called him 'stupid', 'retard', 'idiot' and 'egghead', and for some effed up reason I cannot fathom, I found it even more infuriating. All the childish name-calling, for some other effed up reason, showed me just how comfortable they were with each other by now.

 

"Lay!" She snapped. "Huh?" "I commanded you to give me a ride to work, doofus," she chuckled.

No, Lay. Don't be stupid. Don't do it.

Amber laughed the laugh I really hated, 'cause I loved it, and it's the reason why I did everything she asked, even if it hurt me.

 

 

 

"But of course. Anything for my princess."

Damn my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Miss Liu," "Good morning, Miss Liu," "How are you today, Miss Liu?"

Lesighs. I never knew that even the way everyone at work greeted me would change so much too. Kinda scary, methinks.

 

"Hi, Miss Liu. I thought you weren't coming to work today," Luna greeted me. I passed her on the 34th floor, probably on the way back from the cafeteria for lunch. She's Tao's secretary. I rolled my eyes. "Dude, seriously, you too?" I groaned. She started laughing. "I'm just messing with you, Mrs Wu," "You wanna die?!" Stupid woman laughed even harder. "OMG, calm your farm, bro. I'm just tryna get myself used to it. You'll probably be 'Mrs Wu' sooner than expected, my boss says. I have to make a habit of it. Duh," she snorted, fanning herself with the folder she had in hand and rolling her eyes with a smile. "What? We haven't even started talking about that stuff yet. Anyways, is Kris in?" I asked, changing the topic to something of importance to me. "Oh, so it's just 'Kris' now, aye? Looks like you already got into the habit," Luna wriggled her eyebrows at me and gave me the 'wink-nudge' combo. "And is that a lunchbox I see? Since when did you know how to cook rice without adult supervision?" I gave her the look, just one look, and she shut her trap. "Lol, I'm messing with you again. Mr Wu should be in; I just saw Secretary Choi out by his office and we all know he doesn't go out without some kinda slave with him."

 

 

I blinked.

 

 

 

 

"Secretary who-now?"

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count 1,572

 

(A/N) Have I ever told you guys that you are full of awesomeness?

tumblr_m69c25gfqy1rwayuqo2_250.gif

Well, now you know lol. :P