c h a p t e r 1 0

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

"Kris!"

 Don't turn around, Kris. Stay strong. Keep walking. It's just Amber Liu, the love of your life and the one who gives meaning to your whole existence. No biggie.

I turned around anyway.



"What is he to you, Amber?" Why oh why did I ask such a moronic question? "What? Can you like, elaborate please?" She looked at me like I wasn't making any sense. "Are you talking about Lay?" I didn't say anything. "He's my bestfriend-slash-flatmate-slash-brother-like-figure to me."
"So practically, he's your everything." "What? How did you get to that conclu----ugh. I'm just saying he's important to me, Kris," I could hear it in her voice that she was trying to keep her cool but because I'm an idiot and nothing ever goes my way, I pressed on. "So important that you wouldn't leave him for me," Kris, stop talking. Stop talking now. It's not gonna be good.
"What? That's so unfair. And untrue." Okay, she was getting real pissed off.
I let out a mocking laugh.  She didn't even need to think about it. He was that important to her. She made it clear. "You should go in. It's getting cold."
"Hey, what-----?"


I slammed the rooftop door behind me.

 

 

 

 

 








"Okay, what's shakin'?"
"Dude, who are you?"


"Dafuuq, ge?! You call me out past my bedtime and then not remember who I am? I'm so hurt. You hurt me. You hurt me right here-----" Who is this panda sobbing on my arm? "Tao, get off, you homo!" I shook him off. "Ge! You remember!" And now he's sobbing tears of joy. Awefreakingsome. "Get off!" I tried to slap him away, but I don't think I actually hit him and he started chuckling. The world was spinning and I don't keep winning...

"Damn, ge. You drank a lot. You don't usually drink." No . "However, drinking is not the solution to your problem. My overly-developed brain says so." Look at this retard, tryna be all mystical and profound. "You shut up. You don't know about my problem," I growled. "Actually I do," he said, matter-of-factly, probably wanting a beating. I gulped another shot down and slammed the shot glass on to the table with a clink. "After searching far and wide, the great Kris Wu, finally found his precious Amber's dream house and presented it to Her Majesty. Of course she was happy and , at first, but then that, and may I quote, ' Lay' ed up everything and now she doesn't want to move in with you."



"How the hell...?” "Ge, you were crying about it when I was driving on my way here." "Stuff you," I muttered. He chuckled and poured himself a shot too. "Do you-----" (hiccup) "-----know what she said to me?" I tried to focus my eyes on the liquor bottle because currently everything was going all whoopsie-doodle around me. "She told me he was important to her. So then I was all like, 'he's so important to you that you can't leave him to be with me?' And then she said I was being unfair. And untrue," I stifled a laugh but then bit my lip, trying not to shed another round of tears. I get emotional when I'm drunk. "You, ge, are an imbediot." A what-who-now? "Speak Chinese, Tao! Or Korean. Or Chiorean." "Imbediot; a cross between an imbecile and an idiot. It's a new word I made up." He grinned.

"See, the woman you've been so madly and utterly in love with is having a hard time choosing over you or her bestfriend and then you go off and further stuff everything up by picking a fight with her. You might as well have just told her to stay with the bestfriend." He gulps another round. He’s right. Oh God, he’s right… "Wait wait wait, what if noonjie and him, you know..."

"!" I declared. "They're not!" He didn't need to say it. I didn't want him to say it. I trust my Amber. It's that Zhang Yixing piece of ty raw meat that I don't trust. "Ah! I know what you need!” I was all ears. “You need to seek the comfort of another woman. In short, get laid.” What the…?!

"Shut the up if you don't want me to personally cut you in your sleep," I managed to say. "Whoa, take a chill pill. I was joking! It was a joke," he put his hands up in surrender. Tch. I gulped another shot down. "Besides, I'd be the first to kill you if you ever hurt noonjie, gege, even if you are my beloved, ever-dearest cousin who is so kindhearted that you saved me from the claws of my controlling parents," he smirked. He's on Amber's side. Good panda...

 



"So, what are you gonna do?" he asked finally after a short moment of silence. "I dunno. My head feels like right now and nothing's coming to mind," I rubbed the sides of my forehead. I heard Tao let out a deep sigh.

"Yeah, well, you wanna know what I think?"
"No"
"I think noonjie's right. One day, you're on an employer-employee relationship that you hated so much since you've had the hots for her since forever and then, BAM, you get your wish and you're having a baby and getting married to the girl of your dreams. I'm just saying, it takes time for things like this to really sink in, y'know? Amber-noonjie just needs time. You can't expect her to run into your arms without any qualms in the blink of an eye. What is this? A crappy romance novel like Twilight?"

", don't even compare me and Amber to Twilight. I am infinitely better looking than that glitter gay boy." I need another drink. I downed the next shot. "Yeah, okay, whatever. And this Yixing guy? You said it yourself; they're close. Noonjie always had him around so of course she can't just choose you over him like it was a no-brainer."

"She could if she actually cared about me!" I am whining.
"Oh my God, she's right. You really are being unfair."

"Get stuffed, Tao."

"Fine, whatever! Just don't come crying to me again if she breaks off the wedding."

Nuuuuuu-----!

I drank again. "Give her time, ge, if you don't want to lose her."



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



"Tao! What the----?"
"Hey, noonjie! How's my nephew-slash-niece?"
"Erm-----"
"Okay, awesomeness, I gotta go. Here's your darling fiancée by the way. Bye."
What...? I blinked at Kris. He was leaning on the hallway wall and sitting on the floor with his head hanging, muttering incoherent language. Has he passed out...?
"Tao, you-----" Where the hell did he go? "That little , you are so dead...!"
"I'm not a ! YOU'RE the !" Damn, I almost had a heart attack.


"Get up," I kneeled in front of him. He smells like alcohol. Ew. "Wh...what?" He suddenly looks up, his cheeks flushed red and his pretty eyes half-lidded, and when I realised how close our faces were, my face went red too. "Hey, babe!" he smiles. "You're so beautiful. How can you be so beautiful? Stop being beautiful. It makes me go weak around you." What the heck? HE'S the beautiful one. I'M the one who goes weak around him. I bit my lip. "I can't help my face," I muttered instead like a total conceited bish."Aw, yeah. That's true," he started mumbling.

"What?" I challenged him who was staring at me with his cute eyes. Don't give in, Amber. Remember; you're still supposed to be angry at him. But it is sooo hard! Look at his precious face...! "I'm sorry for being an insensitive . Please don't break the engagement off. I just wanted to be with you all the time so I can take care of you." He scratched the back of his head. "That and I really want your face to be the first thing I see in the morning." I bit my lip. "You're stupid if you think I'll break it off just 'cause you were being an egghead," I said.

"I really wanna kiss you," he muttered. "Can I?" Is it possible to get even redder than I already was?

"If I say no?"
"I'd kiss you anyway."
"You know I still haven’t forgiven you, right? I know Taekwondo, y’know. I can kick your and you’d never know what hit you-----"


And then he places his hand behind my neck and crashes our lips together WITHOUT ANY WARNING. The worst part? Kris felt safe and warm and good.

I liked it so much that I even wanted to cancel what I was trying to say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count    1, 453

 

(A/N) While author-nim cries on tumblr about Krisber-deprived feels...

 
 
I am pretty sure we EXOTICS are on crack.

image