c h a p t e r 3

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

“Uhm”

She just sat there and looked ahead, holding on to the wheel.

“Uhm” I cleared my throat. “Krys, are you breathing? Are you alive?!” I waved my hand in front of her and she was still unfazed. And then I began to really wonder if she was alive or not. “Dude, talk to me,” Is she stuck in EXO planet or something? Errgh.



“Your boss is a prick.”

“What?” I made a face. Krystal pursed her lips because apparently I was supposed to know what that meant. “I would ask how such a conclusion came to be but since I have a life…” “You-----!” “Ah!” I caught her hand in mid-air like a pro. “You can’t hit a pregnant woman,” I smiled sweetly. The retard looked at me incredulously. “Aish!” She shook my hand off very violently, BTW. "Aunty is sorry, baby," Krystal pouted and my tummy gently. Hahahaha, this whole pregnancy thing has some fun perks too.

“I mean, how could he even think to bring you along on a romantic lunch date with his freaking fiancée after turning you into this?” I raised a brow. “Sweetie, I'm telling you this in case you don't know I'm his secretary and it's kind of in the job description to accompany Mr. Wu wherever he goes," I nodded. That and there's food there. Besides, I've been through the heart-wrenching moments of seeing them together more than once so I think I can handle it. Huh, who am I kidding? Krystal looked at me like I was crazy which I'm not by the way, just really, really pregnant.

 



"How can you stay so calm? How can you not even care?" she asked. I don’t know. "How can you not even consider telling him about it? I know it was an accident, but how would you feel if you were in his position? How would you feel afterwards when you find out you actually got someone preggers and you're having a baby but you had no idea until later on? Have you ever thought of that?" I bit my lip. "No, not really.  I don’t need to think about it 'cause I'm a woman and if I was having a baby then I'd know" I grinned. Trollingtrollingtrolling-----
"Amber, can't you take anything seriously?"
"Sure I can. Right now my boss is probably thinking of firing my for being late again for the nth time this week so I'll see you later, okay?" I opened the door and was ready to step out.



"Yiyun," Krystal grabbed my arm and I turned. She was getting really annoying, but I couldn't bring myself to yell at her for it because she just looked so darn serious and worried. I smiled. "Stop frowning; you'll get ugly." I shook her hand off gently. GENTLY. That’s a first. So before she starts thinking pregnancy is an excuse for my good behaviour, I added "-er. Uglier." I grinned. She gave me a massive bear hug for it. Wow, she didn't pull my hair. What a miracle. "I'll be fine, Krys. For reals," I said.



"Okay, Amber. But we're not finished with this"


Yeah, right.

Whatever.
 

 

 

 

 






"Amber, why don't you sit and join us?" Yuri smiled kindly. She's always had a for Amber. She just really liked her. I mean, who wouldn't, right? What's not to love? I meant like.


"Oh, no, I'm fine! Thank you, Miss Kwon." Amber flushed and laughed nervously, which just boosted her cuteness meter by 100%. Oh God. I made an attempt not to swoon at her oh-so pretty face even though I've noticed she's looking a lot paler than usual these past couple of weeks. I couldn't really ask her about it though, because I really didn't know how to. I tell her I don't want to forget about us and she just casually shreds my heart into tiny little pieces with the cold words "Well, I do." Ugh, even now I can still hear her voice ringing in my head and stabbing me right through the chest. Damn it.


I didn't want to make it any worse by talking about anything that could bring the subject up so we didn't talk unless I was ordering her around or she was filling me in on things. What if she tells me she wants to resign? Last time I actually 'talk' talked to her in the toilet she already implied the thought of leaving the company. I can’t let that happen. Na-uh. Over my freaking tall and dead body am I gonna let her leave me. I don’t want her to drift away any further from me. I mean, sure, it can't keep going on like this. At some point I'm gonna have to talk some sense into her, right? But for now I'll just let her cool down and go with the flow, even if it meant I had to endure every waking moment when I'm lying in bed at night, controlling myself from picking up the phone and telling her to come over because I needed her to be my cuddle buddy. Yeah, I have those moments.


"Why are you acting like we don't know each other? I'm hurt. And how many times do I have to tell you; call me Yuri," Yuri sighed. I know, she's been doing that to me too. Acting like we don't know each other, I mean. doesn't it? Amber just bit her lip and I had to look away before I lose my self-control and think of inching my lips against hers. Why the heck does she have to be so pretty?!



"The food's really good!" Yeah, it actually is. "It's roast chicken with tangerines and olives. It's really rich in vitamin C 'cause of the tangerines so it's good for your skin." Haha, Yuri sounded like a salesperson. Pretty funny to hear from K Group's first daughter. "Tangerines?" I watched Amber let the word linger on her pretty lips and then look at me for approval. I tried not to laugh. She was obviously so tempted. "Just sit," Yuri got up and sat her down on the chair to my left then sat back down on her seat across me.

Yuri signalled the waiter and he immediately bowed and did his thing. Okay, this is incredibly uncomfortable. Amber couldn’t look up above my neck and I couldn't stop staring at her. I literally couldn’t help it. It was like her whole being was a magnet for my eyes. I was just...drawn to her.

 

 


Did Yuri notice? She probably did. She's been trying to make me and Amber talk for a while now but we kept giving her the same, lame short answers and then shutting up right after. Yuri was giving me a look. It was saying something like 'Okay, what's wrong Haolong?' but I decided to ignore her because, yeah, it had nothing to do with her anyway.

The waiter came in with another serving of what we had. Amber's eyes widened to the size of saucers and I could swear she her lips as the smell of roasted chicken filled her nostrils. She is so adorable. "Eat," Yuri grinned at her. Amber looked up at me cautiously like she was asking for permission or something. No, you can't eat. Lol jokes, sure you can. She bit her lip to fight a grin and then dug in. Haha.



"So? It's good, right?" Yuri blinked at her expectantly. Amber's cheeks were blown up and she grinned with a nod. "It's the best, Miss Kwon!" So freaking adorable. "See? I told you!" Yuri clapped her hands with a smile. "Here, have some red wine. It goes best with this-----"
"Oh, I don’t drink," Amber waved a hand in rejection. "I...uhm...I've decided not to drink anymore." I raised a brow. "Oh, well, one sip wouldn't hurt, right? It's not like it's a matter of life or death or anything," Yuri laughed. "I'm really sorry, Miss Kwon but I really can't drink. I've learnt my lesson with drinks."

What exactly is she saying? "What do you mean?" Yuri pulls back and places the wine on the table. "Let's just say that it might actually be a matter of life or death. Heh."




-----

 


Oh no. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Damn this stupid mouth of mine. "Amber, can I see you outside for a sec?"
Ooooh crap. Why is boss looking at me with scarily intense, serious eyes? I'm in deep trouble, aren't I?

"Uh, okay boss..."

I got up from my seat feeling whoozy and crap but that's the last I remembered before everything went black.

 



"Amber!"



 

 

 

 

 



 

 


"Yiyun? Are you breathing?"
"No, I'm not breathing," I rubbed my eyes and looked up at Yixing who was sitting next to me with dark circles under his eyes. Hehe, panda.
"Great, your personality is still intact," he clapped his hands. Psh. "Where the...?" "You're at home not the hotel, so don't worry."
I bit my lip. I swear to God Yixing has been moodier than me and I'm the one preggy here.
"You fainted around lunchtime and your boss rushed you to the hospital. I didn't know I was the first person to contact if ever something happened to you." Eew, look at him grin like an idiot. Yup, he's definitely PMS-ing. I snorted. "Yeah well you act like my mother anyways so..."
Wait a sec.

 


"The hospital? My boss? Wait, what?!" "Whoa, calm your farm, Amber, don't freak out," Lay held both my arms as I sat up feeling all drugged up. "Oh no, I am freaking out," What if he found out about the baby? Oh my God, I can't even----- "He doesn't know, okay? I was there already when the doctor talked to us." Oh. Phew. Thank God. I thought for a second there...

"Wait, how did you...?" My jaw dropped. Krystal. I can’t believe she’d----- "Yeah, uhm, I kinda knew from the beginning." I blinked at him twice. Lay rubbed the back of his neck then sighed before looking up. "When I picked you up from the hotel a month ago...your boss didn't leave you there, did he?"

 


I held my breath. He knew. He knew all along. Crap. "I saw him." Oh crap oh crap oh crap. "Lay, bro, my buddy," I laughed awkwardly. He hates me now. "I was going to tell you, like no joke, but I-----" "Are you gonna tell him?"
Snap. He sounded dead serious, it was scary.
"No, of course not," I replied. "What do you think I am; retarded? He's getting married, Lay."
"Yiyun-----"
"I've been working for Kris Wu for five years. He's worked so hard for his parents' company and I'm not going to suddenly drop a bomb in his life like this. I can’t ruin everything for him. I won’t. I can handle this myself." I don’t need anyone. I can raise my baby by myself.
"So in the end it's all for him?"
I didn't say anything.


Yixing suddenly held my hands into his. What the heck? I kinda withdrew, uncomfortable with the way he touched me and the way his eyes looked at me. "You don't need to handle it by yourself. What's your bestest, most handsome friend in the world here for then?" "Douche, there's no such word as 'bestest'" I rolled my eyes. Idiot. "Yeah, I care so much." I glared at him. Does grammar mean nothing to people anymore?

 

 



"Your baby needs a dad," he said. "And...?" I raised a brow. "And I can protect you. I can be that for the little person inside you."
"Yixing, whe…where are you getting at?" Oh my gosh, why am I suddenly stuttering? This is getting scary. And awkward. And scary. And-----

 



"Amber, let's get married."
What...the actual-----?




 

 

 

 

 

 


"Like heck I'm gonna let you two do that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count     1,985

 

(A/N) Heeey guuys! It's been ages; I missed you

/hugs/

Sorry about the trolling with the chapter updates, I dunno what happened :/

But here, it's an actual update this time and I decided to post it up earlier because I feel so mean already to have to make you guys wait another week ;P

Hooope yaaa liiiked iiiit :)

 

You've all probably seen this, but I love it so much I'm gonna force you to look at Krisber's perfness again /lol/

tumblr_me46wdjEiJ1r0bekqo1_250.giftumblr_me46wdjEiJ1r0bekqo3_250.gif
tumblr_me46wdjEiJ1r0bekqo2_250.giftumblr_me46wdjEiJ1r0bekqo4_250.gif

 

I just wanna tie them up, drive them to the nearest church and make them get married already! >_<

Love you all xx