c h a p t e r 1

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

Amber, what are you doing?

 

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and watched her button up her shirt and put on her pantyhose at the same time in panic. I felt like laughing. So the invincible Amber Liu knew how to panic too? Hah. She’s so cute. She suddenly turned to look at me, her big, pretty eyes widened. “Sir, you’re awake,” she said. Uhm, did you expect me to just sleep forever? I could probably do that, but since you’re here with me… “Yeah,” I said, sitting up against the headboard and pulling the sheets up to cover me, rubbing my neck.

“Why are you in such a hurry? It’s Sunday,” I told her. She was literally flying around the room, picking up random bits and pieces of clothing that even I had no idea how they got there. “I need to go home, sir. Yixing’s worried sick.” “Yixing?” Damn. I sounded every bit like the jealous boyfriend. Someone shoot me. “My flat mate, sir. He left 34 missed calls…” she muttered, pausing to look at her phone with a frown. Yixing, huh? So that’s his name… but hold on a flip, 34 missed calls? Why would he do that? It’s not like Amber’s 12. She’s an adult already, for flip’s sake. She can take care of herself and choose to not go home if she liked. She could do a roundtrip to Alaska and hi-5 the eagles there and this Yixing guy shouldn’t have a say about it. But apparently, he does and it counts, according to Amber. Huh, how sweet of him…

 

I buckled uncomfortably to find Amber standing at the end of my bed doing a 90-degree bow. Wha-What the heck?

“I apologize sincerely, sir,” What the heck is this woman doing? “Last night was entirely my fault and I can’t tell you how really, really sorry I am.”

“It wasn’t your fault. You don’t need to-----“

“I would appreciate it if we could just forget about it.”

 

 I could literally feel gazillion knives stabbing me right where it hurts in my chest.

 

“It was a terrible mistake on my part, sir. I assure you it won’t happen again. I’m so sorry.”

 

 

Stop apologizing. It wasn’t your fault. It’s mine. It’s not a terrible mistake either. I don’t regret it. I don’t regret anything.  I was kind of hoping…you’re not regretting anything too. That’s it, Kris. That’s all you need to say. Slap some sense into this cutie and tell her. You’ve been a chicken for way too long. Just take a deep breath, open your mouth and let the words roll like a buffalo. Calm your farm. Settle your kettle-----

 

 

Her phone went off.

 

 

 

“Oh crap...” she muttered, looking down on her phone and leaving me in an empty hotel room just like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Liu Yiyun!

Oh no. Here comes Alpha and Omega.

 

“Heeeeey!” I said, putting a hand up ready for a hi-5, but Xingxing just left me hanging like the jerkhole he is. “You-----!” he headlocked me. “Ouchouchouchouchouch!” I struggled underneath his hold. “Don’t ‘hey’ me! Did you know how worried I was? I didn’t sleep a wink last night. I had no idea where you were and the things going on in my head-----ugh. What if the police came by and told me that they found your bones at the side of Han River or something? What if you got molested at some dark, cornered street and I’ll never freaking know? Do you know why? Because you didn’t answer my calls! Where the hell have you been?” he put both his hands on top of my shoulders and leaned his face so close to mine (invading my personal space) like he was expecting tattoos or piercings to suddenly pop out on my beautiful face.

 

“Just here and there…” Oh look at that blotched up gum stuck on the ground. It’s so interesting…

“Look me in the eye and tell me the truth, Amber.”

“Just out and about…” It’s so grey and fluffy and…blotched up…

 

“Don’t expect me to buy that kind of crap, Yiyun. You told me you’d be back before midnight!” He’s not gonna let this go. I can tell.

“I know…” I muttered, playing with the hem of my shirt. “Then why was I staring at the clock at 3am in the morning with tape on my freaking eyelids to keep them open waiting for you?” Gosh, he’s really angry. Someone’s PMS-ing. “I know, I know; I’m sorry. I passed out at the bar last night and Mr. Wu didn’t know where I lived so he left me at the hotel.”

Well executed, Amber. It was just how I practiced it in my head. I’m such a smart cookie. “Didn’t he think to check your cellphone?” Okay, that part wasn’t in the script I made up in my head. “Phone lock,” I immediately retorted like the bawss I was. Yixing sighed. “Well, as long as you’re okay now,” he said, ruffling my mess of hair then pulling me into a tight bear hug. I gasped for oxygen and he loosened his hold. The idiot finally realized he was cutting off my air supply. Ugh, he’s being so dramatic.

 

“Why are you laughing?” he pouted at me. “’Cause you’re a dork,” I spoke the truth. Haha. “Oh, really? Okay then,” he carried me over his shoulder with a grunt. Come on, I’m not that heavy.  “Aaaaack! Zhang Yixing, put me down! I command you!” I whacked his back because it was all I could do. “Flip, people are staring at us!” I cried, kicking and screaming. “It’s okay, folks. I’m just going to teach her a lesson!” he smiled a toothy smile at the people of Seoul passing by and giving us the what-the-hell-has-this-world-come-to-how-come-there-are-retards-such-as-these-two-in-existence look.

 

 

But oh well. I can't care less. They're just jealous at how beautiful I am. Haha.

 

 

~o~

 

Aaaaack! Zhang Yixing, put me down! I command you!” she started yelling and practically throwing a spazz attack. I was getting worried, but that Zhang Yixing guy just laughed or, whatever his name is but I’m guessing that’s him.

He was shorter than me, but then again everyone was always shorter than me. He seemed cheeky and laidback. Even though he had gentle features, he seemed really playful, especially now that I see him with Amber. “Huh, so this is who Amber left me for…” I muttered. I don’t know why but I just started hating the guy.

 

Probably had something to do with the fact that Amber completely forgot about me back in the hotel room as soon as she got a text from him, because then it just practically proved the fact that he was more important to her than I was.

 

 

And it hurt. A lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Something's off. Something's really not right.

 

"Amber, are you okay? You look like crap," Krystal said. Wow, what a nice friend. "Aww, gee, thanks, Krys. I appreciate it, really.” I said in a monotonous, I’m-so-not-amused kind of way. She just rolled her eyes and poked her tongue. SIGH. “I don't know. Recently my head feels like it's swimming 24/7 and I feel like crap too, especially in the mornings. I think I ate something bad..." I muttered. Yeah, that's probably it. I eat anything anyone offers me so maybe that's it. Those cupcakes that Sulli brought me the other day looked really dodgy too. It’s probably just a stomach ache. "Hmm..." Krystal pouted, inspecting me from head to toe. "What?" I said. Okay, I get it; I’m wearing red with green. Sue me. “Now’s not the time to be going all Fashion po-po on me.” “Retard, that’s not it,” she slapped me on the arm and I pulled her hair back because I like to get even. She just glared at me but didn’t push any further. Yaaaay, I won.

 

"How long have you been feeling this way?" she asked. “Five days…a week maybe?” Wow, has it been that long already? “Does anything else hurt?” “Uhm, now that you mention it, I’ve been going to the toilet a lot and I seem to have gotten a sudden for tangerines.” I muttered.

 

 

“Amber, when’s your period due?”

What a random question.

 

 

I eyed her. “It’s three days late...why?”

 

 

“Amber, are you…?”

 

 

“Am I what?”

She didn’t say anything. Dammit, Krystal, you’re scaring me.

But her next question scared me even more.

 

 

 

“Are you...pregnant?

 

 

 

 

“What?” I choked. “No!” my heart started beating really fast and I could feel the beads of sweat roll down the sides of my cheeks. Was I trying to convince Krystal, or myself? I don’t know. I really don’t know. I have no freaking idea…

Next thing I do know is that she’s already locked me in the bathroom with a pregnancy test kit.

 

 

 

My mind went completely blank afterwards.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two, clear red lines.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count    1,481

 

(A/N) DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

/plays suspense music to build up tension/

Lolololololol

image