Chapter9

Brightness Of The Dark

After that day, Young Saeng’s piano lessons were stopped because Jae Ji wants him to relax a little first before they continue. Jung Min would visit Jae Ji sometimes after discussing with the 3 where they could bring Young Saeng to relax more. After around a week, at the morning, when Jae Ji had tried to wake up, she finds it so hard. Her head was heavy and burning hot even though she had air-con in her room, actually she had air-con everywhere of her house.

She found out she was having fever, very high fever, and it was serious because she couldn’t get up and felt very weak. She immediately called Jung Min
“H…Hello…?” Jae Ji said in a very weak voice
“Jae Ji? What’s wrong with your voice? Anything happened?!” Jung Min started to panic
“Jung Min…I’m having a fever now…High fever…Come here right now…”
“Oh ok! You hang in there alright!”
After hanging up the call Jae Ji went back lying on her bed. ‘I hope nothing goes wrong…’ Jae Ji thought

Half an hour passed and finally the doorbell rang. Star went down to open the door.
“Jae Ji! You alright? Eaten medicine?” Jung Min rushed into the room to Jae Ji’s side immediately
“No medicines in the house…”
Jae Ji turned to look at those who came: ‘one…two…three…four…fiv-, wait why there are only 4?’
“Jung Min” Jae Ji said with more strength “Where’s Young Saeng?”
“Isn’t he” Jung Min paused and looked at the 3 boys standing there, 3 and not 4 “Eh?! Where’s Young Saeng hyung?!”
“He went out before we did, remember?” Hyung Joon said
“What?! Why didn’t I know?!” Jung Min’s face was serious
“He told us already. Oh I think you were on the phone with Jae Ji just now” Kyu Jong replied with a not-so-nice answer
“Jung Min! Call him now!” Jae Ji commanded although with her weak voice, but it was urgent

“Don’t need to, Princess” a voice broke into the room and suddenly a girl appeared
The girl was around the same age as Jae Ji, but with an even more cold expression. Jae Ji quickly got out from her bed and stood in front of the 3 boys together with Jung Min. Star, Moon and Twinkle stood beside Jae Ji and growling.
“Eun Kyung…” Jae Ji said out with her cold voice “Why are you here”
“Don’t be so mean, princess” Kyung Min appeared beside the girl and said “I got your dear boyfriend here”
Kyung Min revealed in his arms, is Young Saeng lying there.
“You can use magic if you want, princess. But I can’t guarantee your boyfriend’s life” Kyung Min chuckled
“Kyung Min dear, this boy sure looks worth it” Eun Kyung said, moving her fingers through Young Saeng’s face
“Don’t you touch him” Jae Ji said unemotionally “Star, Moon, Twinkle!”

The moment the names were called, the 3 dogs had a glow, and turned into 3 dragons, and going into Jae Ji’s body, with 3 rings appearing on her fingers of her left hand almost immediately. She slide her first ring out and threw it up, in an instance after it turned into a staff, Jae Ji took it and point it directly at Eun Kyung.
“Woah hold on princess” Kyung Min said “You can’t kill my dear Eun Kyung, if not Hae Won will kill your precious too”
“Jae Ji hold back your staff first” Jung Min said and Jae Ji did as he said
“We’re just here to inform you a message from Hae Won, princess” Eun Kyung said with a small smile
“Master Hae Won would like to tell you. She’ll be reaching Planerium very soon. And she looks forward to seeing you-”
“-r death” Eun Kyung completed the sentence “Well we’ll get going now. See you soon, Princess Jae Ji”

“Wait!” Jung Min shouted “Don’t take Young Saeng. If you want, take me”
“Take you?!” Kyung Min asked sarcastically “You’re just nothing, why would we take you?”
“Then why are you taking Young Saeng?”
“Because” Eun Kyung went back to her standing position “Hae Won predicts he’ll become the last Dragon Knight of the Draginia bloodline”
“And because he’s your boyfriend, princess. Dragon holders only can accept Dragon Knights who will be their other half forever. And we can’t allow that contract to happen.”
“But he’s a normal human, remember?” Jung Min said calmly
“So what? At least better than a normal earth wizard like yourself” Kyung Min snickered
“I guess it’s time I say the truth”
“No Jung Min!” Jae Ji insisted

“I’m sorry Jae Ji I can’t do that” Jung Min’s hand revealed a single ring and he transformed it into a staff “Look at this”
“That’s…” Eun Kyung stared at the mark shown on the staff “The mark of a blood from Draginia...Who are you?”
“I’m Jae Ji’s cousin. Don’t you know that our grandparents had 2 children instead of only Jae Ji’s omma?”
“What?!”
“And…the other child…is a guy…my appa” Jung Min said “So that makes me the real last bloodline of Draginia”
“Thanks for the information kid” Eun Kyung said chuckling “And you have a reward”
“Coming with us” Kyung Min rushed towards Jung Min but was blocked by Jae Ji’s protection barriers

“Jae Ji, let them take me instead”
“But-”
“No buts. I promise I’ll try to escape. Take Young Saeng with you. Train him before Hae Won comes. And forge the contract as soon as possible. I trust you, neh?”
“Neh…”
“If ever killing me is necessary, no matter is for the Planerium, or just for a few people, then do it, it’s worth it, get it?”
“Neh Jung Min”
Jae Ji’s eyes were watery. Jung Min had always been the one protecting her, but now he has to sacrifice, leaving her alone to protect the others. After all, she’s the princess of Planerium.

“Alright no more chitty chatty” Eun Kyung got impatient “If you dare to play tricks you’re dead”
The “trade” was completed successfully, Eun Kyung and Kyung Min took Jung Min away after putting him on a spell like the one they put on Young Saeng. Young Saeng was just practically pushed towards Jae Ji, and she caught hold of him tightly, and only relaxed after those 2 took Jung Min away and out of the room, with magic teleportation of course.