Chapter18

Brightness Of The Dark

The next morning as usual Young Saeng woke up first again, this had happened for the past few days. He opened his eyes and looked at the girl in his arms, and felt his heart hurt. Ever since trainings begun, Jae Ji had been staying up in the night to prepare for the next day’s practice, and although she didn’t tell Young Saeng when did she actually came to bed, but he knew.

Young Saeng had gone to ask Yoon Jin and Min Young who stays with Jae Ji to as long as they can while she prepares the practices, and they had said the first day they had stayed with Jae Ji till 2am when she had completed. But the next few days they didn’t because it got later and later, even after 3.30am. And every morning this girl of Young Saeng’s still has to wake up at 7am. Young Saeng’s heart was bleeding already because of the insufficient sleep Jae Ji gets, while she still has to train him with such difficulty of him being a human.

“Get more sleep, jagiya…” Young Saeng whispered softly, as he hugged her tightly, but Jae Ji wasn’t even waking up
As usual, Jae Ji woke up only with much struggling, and they went on to have the lessons with the apprentice mages and wizards.
“Still tired?” Young Saeng asked as he saw Jae Ji yawned for the 3rd time
“Neh…But it’s alright”
“Mm…”
Young Saeng knew nothing will prevent Jae Ji from agreeing to stop sleeping so late, so he could only interlock his hands with Jae Ji’s, and giving her smiles to cheer her up.

Lessons with the apprentices started, with Yoon Jin and Min Young helping Jae Ji today. Like always, Young Saeng sat near where they are and observed. Only an hour passed and suddenly a knock can be heard on the door of the room.
“Come in” Jae Ji said as she paused her training with one of the mages
A wizard were seen coming in and greeting Jae Ji and Young Saeng
“Anything wrong?” Jae Ji asked immediately
“Princess, prince, Hae Won is here”
“What? That woman is here so fast?!” Min Young yelled

Just then, explosions could be heard from outside of the castle, and something was raging its way towards the castle directly.
“Jae Ji, we’ll go first. You handle these little ones” Min Young referred to the 3 of them
“No. Yoon Jin you take the mages. Wook Sung you take the wizards. Min Young, come with me”
The 3 groups were separated and went out of the castle as soon as possible. Upon reaching the gate, all sorts of monsters were seen summoned out.
“Yoon Jin, help the fighting in the kingdom. Wook Sung, protect the castle” Jae Ji ordered the 2 groups and turned to Min Young and Young Saeng “We, find Hae Won”

“Min Young, transform” Jae Ji said to Min Young without delay
“Oka- No wait, aren’t you reacting with Young Saeng?”
“We only started training the Dragon Knight form yesterday, it’s not sufficient. So that’s why I’ll need you to stay by his side too, just in case”
“That’s fine with me. But if there’s a need, then react”
“Neh I know”
Both Jae Ji and Min Young stood in position, and started their chant for transformation. First was Min Young.

‘Flame phoenix,
Release your power and give me your strength
Under the order of
The fire expert mage, Min Young’

A Flame phoenix appeared, and encircled Min Young with its flames. Armors slowly formed on her body. A burning red top covered her whole arm, with a white glove on her hands. She had shorts on and a long boots that covered her thighs. Her hair was let down like usual, and a flaming glow that comes with it. Her staff was blazing hot, and looks like she’s the only person who can resist that heat.

‘Moon, Star, Twinkle
I summon you under my power,
The last dragon holder of the Draginia bloodline,
The dark ice princess, Jae Ji’

The 3 dragons were summoned out through Jae Ji’s rings, entering her body, with an explosion of strong beam bursting into the sky, and dying down after a few sparks after a while. Jae Ji was seen with high heel boots that only cover up to her knees, a mini skirt, a top that covers up her chest area, a glove that covers up till her elbow, and the other parts of her body were covered up in a black translucent silk. Her make-up was even thicker than the one she wore for the ball, her hair was let down, and she still had her tiara on. Although dressed all in black, Jae Ji and a slight rainbow glow around her, including her staff. Her staff was black with glimmering colours, and matched perfectly with Jae Ji.

“You are taking him right?” Min Young asked, referring to Young Saeng
“Yeah” Jae Ji walked to Young Saeng and smiled “We’ll be taking a short flight alright my jagiya?”
“Seems like it doesn’t sound good… But since my yobo finally decided to call me jagiya then I’ll give in to her”
“Yes yes. Don’t worry, I’ll be here”
Jae Ji interlocked both her hands with Young Saeng’s, and ensured him with her smile that only appears and willing to show itself in front of Young Saeng.
“Ready to go?” Min Young asked
“Yeah sure. You go first”

Without delay, Min Young revealed her feathery and fiery wings, and soars up to the sky and waited for Jae Ji and Young Saeng before setting off. Jae Ji closed her eyes, and within her rings the dragons appeared, and encircled them. Slowly and smoothly, they rose up to the sky with the help of the dragons. Young Saeng was astonished at the sight, and held on tighter to Jae Ji’s hands.
“I think you’ll have to bear with this for a while, jagiya. We’ll go full speed once we set off”
“Full speed?!”
“Don’t worry don’t worry! Our 3 precious ones are experienced in this, you wouldn’t…feel anything”
“Okay…”
“Jae Ji you want me to carry him instead…” Min Young said, sighing
“No! You’re not allowed to touch him!”
“Fine…”

Min Young flew first, followed by the two of them. Jae Ji specially told the dragons to start slowly, and then to increase the speed after a while, but Young Saeng was still scared. Even before the full speed begins, they had changed from those tightly held hands, to Young Saeng hugging Jae Ji desperately. But finally they reached the opening of the woods.
“Now you can release me already jagiya” Jae Ji said to the boy in her arms “We even landed already”
“Don’t want to!”
“Quit playing already Young Saeng”
“Young Saeng?” he looked up at Jae Ji with puppy eyes “You don’t call me your jagiya anymore, yobo!”
“Fine. My dear, sweet and lovely jagiya, time to release me”
“I want a kiss”

After giving him a kiss, finally the 3 of them are setting off to the woods. It darkened as they went in, the sunlight was blocked off by the tall trees and it was as if it was night time. Min Young couldn’t use fire magic to lighten the area up because it’ll cause the woods to burn, so they had to depend on Jae Ji and her dark magic that enables her to see in the dark. Jae Ji held Young Saeng’s hands like a mother holding her child’s hands, tightly and not letting go even if anything is going to happen. Min Young walked beside Jae Ji closely, and Jae Ji had to make sure the 2 of them stay close beside her.

They walked for quite a while already, and still nothing. Jae Ji had looked around for that past few minutes and nothing, just trees and creatures and nothing else. Just when everything seemed still, suddenly Young Saeng felt Jae Ji pulling him towards her, and stood in front of him while her hands securely wrapped around his body. Jae Ji’s body suddenly went closer to Young Saeng’s, as her hug tightened for a second.
“Jae Ji…?”
“Keep quiet” Jae Ji avoided talking through mouth “Hae Won’s here”

“What…? She’s here? Then where’s Min Young?”
“She’s-”
Jae Ji paused a while and continued “caught already”
“…But where is Hae Won then…?”

“It’s been a while, Princess Jae Ji”
A voice broke their conversation and light was released out to the dark woods. Hae Won, together with Eun Kyung and Kyung Min were in front of Young Saeng and Jae Ji, with a distance in between.

The appearance of the 3 had not bothered Young Saeng, because his first sight out of the dark was his black princess. Her eyes were as beautiful as before. Her hair was as attractive as before. In front was the beautiful princess. However, drips of liquid were flowing out from , and the back of this princess which Young Saeng didn’t see, was bloody.