Chapter20

Brightness Of The Dark

Young Saeng stared at Jae Ji for the time being, but not for long before Jae Ji started attack again. With a wave of her staff, she summoned a strong gust of iced snowstorm that was literally filled with large and sharp icicles. The so-called snowstorm was raging towards Young Saeng, and Jung Min who was protecting him. Jung Min casted his most effective protection barrier towards ice magic, but that was just not his profession, because he was an earth wizard.

The icicles smacked against the barrier all at once, and not stopping as soon as expected. Jung Min was still able to hold off the attack, but he was starting to weaken and sweat trickled down his forehead and back. His feet losing grip to the ground soon, and his hands shook while clutched onto his staff. Young Saeng asked if he was alright, although Jung Min replied with a wide smile but he was really, trying hard inside.

Jae Ji felt she should just revenge Jung Min for placing the poison spell on her, so upon seeing him still holding that icicle-storm of hers, she increased the power of that spell. After the increase, Jung Min found it harder to defend. He tried to, but failed. His protection barrier was broken and pierced through by the icicles at a certain point. Right at that moment, Jung Min grabbed Young Saeng straight away and dashed towards the opposite direction of the incoming attack. However, he was not fast enough.

The icicles followed them, with an even faster speed, and once they touch Jung Min or Young Saeng, they would pierce right into them. With just a few meters apart, suddenly the icicles were melted down one by one by hurls of fireballs. Jung Min stopped and placed Young Saeng down, seeing right in front of them is Min Young who had helped them to destroy the icicles. Min Young had safely protected the other 3 guys and also in time to save Jung Min and Young Saeng from the attack.

Min Young released the 3 of them whom the flame phoenix had protected together with Min Young, and returning to where Jung Min and Young Saeng are.
“Jae Ji, it’s alright. We’ll leave now” Hae Won called out
“Yes” Jae Ji looked back again at the group of 6, especially Young Saeng, with a stare that shot daggers, while continued “I’ll see the 6 of you again. Soon. And I’ll definitely, revenge for Hae Won”
After saying that, Jae Ji turned and teleported together with Hae Won, Eun Kyung and Kyung Min. Young Saeng’s eyes were fixed on hers every second and only untill now, he was able to come back to his senses.

Not wanting to see his hyung break down this moment, Jung Min tried to start another conversation.
“Min Young, Err…it’s been a long time”
“Yes Jung Min… It sure has been long”
“Where’s the rest?”
“They’re probably near the castle. The monsters should be gone for the time being since Hae Won left”
“Mm…” Jung Min turned to look at Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong and Hyung Joon “We’ll send them back?”
“Anything. It depends on your decision”
“Then I think I better-”

“No Jung Min!” Hyun Joong blurted out suddenly
“Hyung? Why not? The 3 of you aren’t involve in this, so I wouldn’t want you to risk anything”
“But Jung Min, since we’re here, just let us help. With anything”
“Anything is everything and everything is risky right now”
“Then we’ll take that risk” Kyu Jong spoke up “If Young Saeng hyung and you are risking, why can’t we?”
“But...” Jung Min went silent for a while before making an excuse “You don’t have any magic to protect yourselves! You’ll be dead once you have been hit”
“You can transfer magic to them, you’re a royal blood” Min Young revealed

“Min Young!”
“Then do it Jung Min!” Hyun Joong said solemnly “It’s alright. We’ll handle this together as 5 alright?”
“Aish…Alright… but we’ll get back to the castle first”
Jung Min and Min Young brought the 4 of them back to where the others are. As expected the monsters were gone and no one had serious injuries. Despite still new to the environment of a magic dimension, the trio insisted to first get their magic through Jung Min.

“But what about introductions? What about-”
“Just do it first Jung Minnie~” Hyung Joon lamented, revenging on how Jung Min always bullies him
“Yah who said you can talk to me like that? Who gave you the permission to-”
“I gave it to him” Hyun Joong sighed at the troubled Jung Min “Just get on with it, we’re fine”
“Fine…”
The apprentice mages and wizards were brought back by the elders to their own rooms, while Yoon Jin and Min Young stayed with the 5 of them to assist Jung Min. After introducing the 2 of them officially, Jung Min briefly explained a few things to the trio.

“First, the magic transfer doesn’t mean you guys will get the same magic I have. Various types of magic can be produced and according to what type you get, I’ll put you under either my, Min Young or Yoon Jin’s training. For Young Saeng hyung, I’ll be training him since now he already forged the contract with Jae Ji, and he needs more training since Jae Ji is now under Hae Won’s control. Second, because you guys are here, I’ll put a replacement spell back on earth, to replace the 3 of you. Thirdly, once this battle is over and Hae Won is defeated I’ll take back your magic immediately.”

The transfer was over in a while, and bracelets appeared on the 3 boy’s wrist instead of rings to indicate that their magic is only temporary. After checking their magic, Hyun Joong is under Min Young, Kyu Jong under Jung Min and Hyung Joon under Yoon Jin. Hyun Joong, fortunately, got a fire element, so Min Young was able to teach him directly since they’re the same elements. Kyu Jong had the element of solar energy, and Jung Min could train him along with Young Saeng since their elements were both more special. Hyung Joon holds the element of lightning. Although Yoon Jin is a water element and lightning magic would be effective against her, but Jung Min knew, Yoon Jin isn’t that simple as a water mage.

Jung Min and the other 3 boys slept in individual different rooms, with protection barriers set up around the whole castle by the magic combination of Jung Min, the elders and everyone else who are good enough to help. Young Saeng persisted that he sleeps in Jae Ji’s room, and Jung Min couldn’t defy his hyung. Moreover, it was THEIR room.

------------------
Footsteps were heard, loud and clear, step by step in the dark ice cave. The first 2 people were dressed elegantly, while the behind 2 casually yet formal. The 2 leading were of high powers, followed by the followers. One a 5 inched black high-heel boots, another a 4 inched silver high-heel slingback. One a graceful dress covering from the knees till the chest and with long princess gloves, another a shimmering dress falling to touch the floor and with a short glove. Both are magnificent, both are sparkling in their magic, and both are dark.

Upon reaching a broader area of the cave, blocks of ice that holds mages or wizards that have offended the Draginia bloodline in Planerium can be seen. The duo leading approached 1 of the blocks, stopped in front of it, and checked the information written in front of the ice to double-check.
‘Iseul Hyun. Disloyalty to Princess Jae Ji.’
“Now it’s time to revenge this old hag, in my own personal way” a smile was revealed, a very devilish smile.