Chapter7

Brightness Of The Dark

After that day, Young Saeng kept thinking about it. He was troubled over 2 problems; first whether he should tell Jae Ji his feelings, second why Jae Ji had asked whether he had met Kyung Min. He decided to ask Jung Min after a few days.
“You like Jae Ji?!” Jung Min was surprised at what his hyung told him
“Not so loud Jung Min!”
They were alone at Jae Ji’s house because the rest had gone to buy some drinks while Young Saeng had said he wanted to talk to Jung Min about something.
“We’re alone~”
“Oh right…”
“So you do like her right? Then tell her!”
“I tried but couldn’t. And also she asked me whether it was about Kyung Min and asked if I met him or talked to him”
“Kyung Min…?”
“Yeah I don’t know why she asked that, that’s why I’m asking you!”

Jung Min thought for a while and seemed to know the answer to it but did not intend to tell his hyung.
“Just don’t worry about that guy”
“But why was Jae Ji talking about him?”
“She’s probably just scared he’ll say some bad things to you. So go on and confess to her already!”
“But one more question: what if she rejects me…”
“…aish…Why do I have a hyung like you?” Jung Min said with a sigh “Just go and confess!”
“Ok ok… but another question-”
“Don’t ask me weird ones please…”
“I don’t know if it’s weird but I’ll just ask: does Jae Ji look like she like me?”
“Hmm…You do have a chance…But I can’t confirm anything”
“Okay thank you Jung Minnie!” Young Saeng smiled contentedly

Just then, they heard the doorbell rang and the 3 dogs start running out too. They went out and as expected the 4 of them are back, even Jae Ji was carrying bags so they had no choice but to ring the bell. The guys came in first and Jung Min took the bag from Jae Ji afterwards. Out of the blue they heard a very familiar shout.
“Jae Ji!!”
Kyung Min.

After pulling Jae Ji to the inner of the apartment, Young Saeng stood in front of Kyung Min with Jae Ji behind him. The other guys couldn’t help again because they had bags, even Jung Min.
“Stop harassing her” it was the first time the guys saw Young Saeng being so angry and solemn
“Chh” Kyung Min revealed a smirk “Now who are you? The second Jung Min?”
“You don’t need to know who I am”
“Of course I don’t because by the looks you’re a weakling” he reached out his hand and grabbed Jae Ji’s arms, pulling her towards him, and pushing Young Saeng away
“You’re wrong” Young Saeng caught Jae Ji by the waist and shoved Kyung Min’s hand away, safely secured Jae Ji by his side and his left hand still around her waists
“Looks like you’re something more. Jae Ji your new boyfriend?”
“Shut up you-”
“Yes” Young Saeng said before Jae Ji complete her sentence “So what if I’m her boyfriend?”

Jae Ji looked up at Young Saeng, and knew what he was doing. Deceiving.
“Oh really? Someone like you? I don’t believe it. So prove it to me” Kyung Min snickered
“Lee Kyung Min you better-”
That moment, Jae Ji was stopped by something she couldn’t prevent from happening. Upon hearing what Kyung Min said, Young Saeng didn’t care. He didn’t care even if he’s not fit for Jae Ji; he didn’t care whether others would believe if they were really together. He just believes that Jae Ji is the one he loved, and he is the one Jae Ji loved.

From the way Jae Ji had accepted to teach him piano. From the way she always teaches him slowly and makes sure he understands before she continues. From the way she’ll smile and laugh together with him during lessons. From the way she looks at him seriously when he asks questions. From the way she cared about his health, whether he has eaten or wants a break from lesson.

From the way she always looks out and worries for him no matter when. No matter when it was about wine. No matter when he was sick. No matter when he was missing from the group of 5. No matter when he was late. No matter when he was quiet all of a sudden. No matter when he keeps playing wrong all of a sudden. No matter when, she’ll worry for him to the maximum.

And lastly, from the way, she hadn’t move when he had grabbed her by the waist, and giving her protection beside him. From the way she hadn’t move, when he had cupped his hands around her face. From the way she hadn’t move, when his face goes closer to hers. From the way she hadn’t move, when he gently placed his lips on hers with closed eyes and a thumping heart.

From the way, she had closed her eyes and pulled him closer to her. From the way, she willingly shared her kiss with him, for the very first time.