Chapter10

Brightness Of The Dark

“Don’t ask questions first” Jae Ji said to the 3 who stood there with their jaws open
Jae Ji lied Young Saeng down on her own bed carefully, and cancelled the spell placed on him by those 2. Young Saeng woke up a while later, although he was still not sure what was happening, but he listened as Jae Ji explained the whole situation. The 3 boys squeezed on the 2-seater couch while Jae Ji sat on the bed beside Young Saeng on the bed.

“Magic, it exists in this world. Just those human lives were not interrupted by it. Those 2, Eun Kyung and Kyung Min, they are humans, but they’re protected by Hae Won, who’s coming to get revenge from me. I am the princess of Planerium, my kingdom. Jung Min must have told you guys before of my past as a human. They’re all true, just that the information you guys have don’t include having magic. My grandparents gave birth to 2 children, my omma and Jung Min’s appa.

“My omma was a Dragon Holder, like me. My appa is just a normal human, but still everything turned out fine. Jung Min’s appa is an earth wizard, but because he’s just a wizard our grandparents didn’t reveal this child of theirs. Jung Min’s omma is a summoning mage. So Jung Min has both earth magic and summoning ones. They lived even further than Planerium, but because my parents passed away early, so Jung Min was called to take care of me.

“However before my omma died, she sent a senior mage called Iseul Hyun to look out for me because she was scared she might not live any longer which became true. It was, Hae Won who killed my parents. She wanted to get rid of us, the Draginia bloodline, and stop us from having so much power. However, she wasn’t able to kill me that time when she killed my omma, because before omma died she have placed all the protection spells on me using her dragons, so powerful that Hae Won couldn’t break them.

“Now she’s back to revenge me, and also Jung Min since Jung Min revealed to those 2 about his identity. He could protect himself against those 2, but not Hae Won; she’s too strong for him. The reason he sacrificed himself for Young Saeng, is because he knew, my powers will be able to beat Hae Won a lot easier than any other people could. But my powers could only be released to the maximum if I have a contract with a Dragon Knight.

“As those 2 said earlier, a Dragon Knight will have to be the other half of the Dragon Holder forever. And Jung Min knew, Young Saeng is the one. For my dragons, Moon, Star and Twinkle are my dragons. They’re just taking forms of dogs so they could protect me too in human life. Star is my birth dragon, powers of the dark and ice element. Moon was born after my appa died, after omma let me came in touch with music, because she has music and healing powers. Twinkle was only born last year, the dragon of love, when I was together with Kyung Min.

“But I broke up with him after knowing he’s just a spy working for Hae Won. However he still comes to harass me, but couldn’t use any magic because I’ve set protection barriers around my house. Luckily I didn’t forge my contract with him, if not Hae Won would have taken over my powers by now. Us Dragon Holders can use magic without a Dragon Knight, but not fully. Having a Dragon Knight, the Dragon Holder and Dragon Knight will become 1 together in the battle mode. The Dragon Knight will be using the powers of the dragons inside the Dragon Holders. But, the importance of battling in this mode is, to have trust in each other, if not the dragon’s power cannot be used correctly.

“Well…that’s almost it about this matter. Any questions?” Jae Ji finally summarized her explanation
“What about Jung Min? Everyone will find him missing” Hyun Joong asked
“Oh right. I’ll do a replacement spell for both Jung Min and Young Saeng later”
“Young Saeng hyung too?” Kyu Jong asked too
“Neh because from now on I have to take him to train in Planerium”
“Which means we can’t see you again?”
“Not really. We’ll come back once in a while, and if we can, with Jung Min”

Jae Ji decided to do the replacement spell first.
“The so-called-clone will have their personality as well so it’ll just be like having both of them here. Just talk to them like usual”
The spell was complete in a while, but nothing came out of it.
“So…where are they?” Hyung Joon asked eagerly
“I sent them to their homes; they’ll meet you during dance practice later”
“Alright. When will you and Young Saeng go?” Hyun Joong was full of questions
“Maybe we have to go soon. Because I already used the replacement spell, so if the 2 of them meets that’s not very good”
“You’ll go before our dance practice at night right?”
“Yeah”
“Okay then at least we could sort of send both of you”

The 3 boys then left to go to the living room, leaving Jae Ji and Young Saeng to have some private time. Young Saeng was still lying on the bed, while Jae Ji sat on a chair.
“Are you feeling better now?”
“Yeah…Better…” Young Saeng said, trying to avoid eye contact
“Where were you just now?”
“Just went for a walk…”
“I…” Jae Ji looked down and said softly “I’m sorry…”
“You don’t have to apologise Jae Ji, it wasn’t your fault…”
“No it was my fault…” Jae Ji started to tear, the first time she was in front of Young Saeng “For hurting you…”
Young Saeng was both taken aback and puzzled. He didn’t know the exact meaning for what Jae Ji had said. Whether she was sorry for not being able to love him back, or she was sorry for lying because the truth was she had loved him and still is.

“Why…” Young Saeng started, he wants to know the truth “Are you sorry…?”
“Because…” Jae Ji was speechless by the question, but decided to tell him the truth “I…love you...”