Chapter11

Brightness Of The Dark

“I…” Jae Ji paused a little, and murmured out the words “I…love you…”
Young Saeng couldn’t hear the words properly and he doesn’t seem to realize, Jae Ji’s head has been hung low ever since the conversation started and her voice turned specially soft and gentle.
“I can’t hear you Jae Ji” Young Saeng said after blinking a few times
“You can’t?” Jae Ji looked up to see Young Saeng staring at her with his innocent and tender eyes, which made Jae Ji look down hastily again
“So…what did you want to say?”
Jae Ji kept silent as her heart beat even faster. She played with her fingers nervously while her face turned from pink to red.

“Jae Ji…?”
Young Saeng tried to get up, which made Jae Ji snap out of her thought of whether to tell Young Saeng those 3 words again.
“No no don’t get up” Jae Ji returned back to her usual voice, but was slightly gentler
“But I’m already better now” Young Saeng insisted on getting up, and held on to those hands that tried to push him down “You still didn’t tell me what you said earlier”
“I…” Jae Ji felt a small electric current flowing into her body through her hands and she anxiously took her hands away from his, shivered a little and bit her lower lips
Young Saeng sat up on the bed, looking at Jae Ji who is standing in front of him. He knew the reason for her actions, which was purely his own assumption.
“I should the one who is sorry…” He said finally

“W…what…?” Jae Ji was surprised
“You have to be forced to make me your Dragon Knight…” Young Saeng had tears in his eyes but he didn’t let Jae Ji see
“Forced…?” Jae Ji figured out what Young Saeng was thinking “Young Saeng it’s not like that…”
“Jae Ji ah…You don’t have to explain…I…understand…” A tear fell down from his eyes silently, but Jae Ji was able to see it
“Young Saeng it’s really not like what you think” Jae Ji raised her voice, but shaking
She felt her eyes go watery too but she looked at Young Saeng with strength. Young Saeng still had his head staring downwards, but more tears have started to drip down. Jae Ji was on her knees in front of the bed, and used her hands to raise Young Saeng’s face up.

But what she saw had made her heart ache. Young Saeng’s eyes were already red, and tears were still flowing down from his cheeks. His eyes showed hurt, right from the heart all the way up to his eyes, which still avoided Jae Ji’s. His hair which was pushed to the side has fallen in front, covering his cheeks which were just a little lighter than his eyes. His nose was runny and sour, and Jae Ji could see he was biting his lips.

The moment Jae Ji had lifted his head up, his eyes looked to the side immediately, while more tears start to form each second, silently. Jae Ji’s heart hurt a lot, but she didn’t know how much more Young Saeng was suffering. His chest was all hot and he was shaking, while his heart had bled badly every instance. He was trying very hard to stop crying, but it became worse each time he tried. He was screaming inside, but his mouth was forced to keep shut. He couldn’t cry out loud, which made his heart tightened so much that he finds it so hard to breathe.

He keeps telling himself ‘It’s alright it’s alright’ but he couldn’t stop. He couldn’t stop his mind from filling him with images of Jae Ji, her face, her smile, her voice, her everything. ‘Jae Ji…Jae Ji…’ Each time his mind calls out that name, his heart would be pierced even deeper. That was the first time he was crying his heart out, the first time he was still keeping all his sorrows inside while crying, the first time he had felt like, dying.

Seeing Young Saeng like that, Jae Ji cupped her hands around Young Saeng’s face, pushing his hair back to the side, while her eyes shed tears too. Young Saeng moved his head to the side, not wanting Jae Ji to touch him anymore, fearing that he might break down any moment. However, Jae Ji forcefully made him face her once again and looked into his eyes, while her thumb moved towards his eyes slowly to wipe his tears away. Although Jae Ji had wiped those tears away, but that caused even more tears to flow out of Young Saeng’s eyes.

The tears kept coming out, non-stop. Young Saeng’s heart has hurt even more than before, and he couldn’t control it. He closed his eyes for a while, but tears still came out. After opening them, his eyes became a darker shade of red, still unable to meet Jae Ji’s. With a little strength, he pushed Jae Ji’s hands away and quickly stood up with the back of his right hands covering his mouth. He ran out of the room before Jae Ji could stop him, but was stopped by the 3 boys were waiting in the living room.

“Young Saeng hyung…?” Kyu Jong said when he saw his hyung was crying
Jae Ji had hurriedly rushed down behind Young Saeng, and caught up with him while he stood at the foot of the staircase, crying even harder than before. Jae Ji was tearing too but she knew it was because of her Young Saeng had revealed that weak side of his. Knowing that Jae Ji had come down too, Young Saeng tried to run again, but could not because his heart had hurt him too much.

He dropped down on his knees, with 1 hand touching the cold floor and the other covering his mouth which starts to let out sounds of pain. The 3 boys didn’t know what to do, but decided to let Jae Ji settle this problem. Jae Ji reached where Young Saeng is at and saw him broke down, into someone different from usual. She stopped running as she walked towards Young Saeng slowly, also with a hand covering as tears flow down.

“You this…silly boy…” Jae Ji said as she stood in front of Young Saeng
In an instance, she dropped on her knees too. Her arms reached out for Young Saeng, and tightened as they wrapped around his waist. Young Saeng could not resist, and only able to continue crying.
“Heo Young Saeng!” Jae Ji shouted while crying “Don’t you know I Love You?!”
Her hug tightened as she rested her head on Young Saeng’s shoulder, tears flowing down as she closed her eyes.
“Jae Ji…” Young Saeng managed to say, but couldn’t continue due to his crying

Young Saeng put his hands around Jae Ji’s waist, lightly at first but tightened as his heart felt pain again.
“I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…Young Saeng…”
“It’s alright…Jae Ji…It’s alright…”
After finishing his sentence, Young Saeng couldn’t help but cry out even louder. Jae Ji moved her hand up and down on his back, after wiping off her own tears and smiled
“Stop crying big crybaby” Jae Ji said as she released the hug, and wiped off the tears on Young Saeng’s face “Didn’t you say it’s alright? So stop crying already”

“You really love me right…?” Young Saeng said like a kid after crying
“Yes my love” Jae Ji smiled again “You sure sound like a kid” and messed up his hair
“Mm…” Young Saeng could only nod a bit, before he returned back to crying in Jae Ji’s arms