Chapter3

Brightness Of The Dark

“Okay we’ll start with the chords. Drink some water then get ready”
“Erm...Jae Ji? Could we call you Jae Ji?” Kyu Jong spoke up suddenly, while still hiding with Hyung Joon on the sofa
“Yeah sure”
“Jae Ji ah…will…your dogs bite?”
“I invited you in, so you’re no harm to them or to me, they wouldn’t bite anyone like that”
“Great!” Hyung Joon got off the sofa, leaving Kyu Jong alone
“Oh good...then-” Kyu Jong continued to ask
“You’re scared of dogs right?”
“Neh…”

Kyu Jong thought Jae Ji would do something to get the dogs out, but she didn’t. Instead, she stood up and carried Twinkle up, and walked towards Kyu Jong. Kyu Jong was so scared that he tried to run away.
“You better stay where you are” and it made Kyu Jong stick to the sofa and stiffened as Jae Ji went nearer with Twinkle
Jae Ji sat beside Kyu Jong and put Twinkle on her laps with her hands Twinkle’s body. Twinkle lied there and looked as lovely and cute as ever.
“Pat her”
“Huh? But I-”
“There’s nothing to be scared. Twinkle’s only this small and only a year old. She wouldn’t bite or anything. So trust me”

Kyu Jong lifted up his hands which trembled, and slowly put them on the head of the Pomeranian. He was still scared at first but then it sort of hit him that the creature he’s patting now is obedient and doesn’t move despite his touch, like how it knew how to respond to the situation. His lips slowly formed a smile and Kyu Jong enjoyed that moment. The 4 boys watching were surprised but didn’t say anything, or couldn’t.
“Now what do you think?” Jae Ji asked after a while
“Of what?” Kyu Jong asked back while still patting Twinkle
“Of dogs of course”
“They’re kind of…cute!” Kyu Jong said and laughed at himself “I never realized that!”

“That’s because you never tried. Star, Moon, come here. Now try patting them”
“But I…” Kyu Jong said as he start to get frightened again upon seeing the 2 big dogs getting nearer each moment
“I told you they wouldn’t bite anyone so just pat them lightly”
Kyu Jong did as told, and the results were the same as when he had pat Twinkle. He was still a little scared but not as much as before now.
“Okay now we can start with the warm-ups. Go drink some water first Kyu Jong” Jae Ji said as she got up, placed Twinkle back on the ground and sat in front of the keyboard.

After half an hour they are finally finished with just the chords.
“Great you guys just took half an hour just warming up” Jae Ji said as she looked at the clock on the wall
“That’s great!” Jung Min exclaimed
“…Jung Min that’s not great” Jae Ji said to Jung Min who seemed so happy
“That IS! Last time we took an hour! Now it’s only half that time!”
“What?! Just an hour for a warm up on chords? What kind of teacher do the 5 of you have?!”
“The company chose her, we didn’t” Hyun Joong said, still bothering about the bad attitude of Jae Ji

“Then it’s time you tell them to get a new one, and since you’re the leader”
“But our teacher is nice, not like someone who scolded us for the half an hour of warming up”
“Right, anything you prefer. But I’m telling you this first, if you continue using an hour on chords, and you don’t learn anything through it, you’re not going to be debuting at all”
“We don’t need someone like you to curse us!” Hyun Joong’s voice got louder
“Let me get this clear, this is not considered a curse, it’s a fact. If you don’t like it,” Jae Ji gave Hyun Joong a stare and continued “Then get out now”
“You-”
“Hyung ah! We’re here to practice, not to argue alright! Practice!” Young Saeng who was beside Hyun Joong immediately said and calmed him down
“Take a break for now. 5 minutes” Jae Ji said and walked out of the room with the 3 dogs following her

“I’m glad we’re only doing this for temporary!” Hyun Joong said out loud after Jae Ji closed the door behind her
“Hyung, actually what Jae Ji said is correct. We DID spend too much time on chords. We have to reduce that time from now on.” Young Saeng understood the situation, and so did Kyu Jong
“But at least she says it in a nice way. Why got she have to curse us?!”
“Because it’s a fact?” Hyung Joon repeated the words Jae Ji said before “I do agree too”
“What?! No need to ask, Jung Min you agree too right? Why are you kids siding with her?!”
“Hyun Joongie, my aunt, who is Jae Ji’s omma, she teaches singing and dancing. That’s why I said to come to her house because she has both the practice rooms for singing and dancing. That’s why she knows about all these stuffs about singing as well as us”

“Aish! Why must her family be so rich and talented? Does she have anything she doesn’t know?!”
“Well, that’s all she knows. Her appa was a manager in a company and he died when Jae Ji was still young so she can’t learn anything from him.”
“What about her studies?”
“Good. At least better than mine”
“Jung Min you should date her, she’s good!” Hyung Joon said randomly, which caused himself a hit from Jung Min
“Oh yeah, didn’t you say she sells her artworks online? Could we see it?” Kyu Jong asked
“She doesn’t show them to just anyone. So you got to ask her”
“Aish! Don’t bother asking! She wouldn’t agree, Kyu Jongie!” Hyun Joong said in a harsh tone
“Maybe she wouldn’t if it’s you hyung!” Kyu Jong laughed “I’ll try asking her later”