Chapter1

Brightness Of The Dark

“Ahhh sorry sorry!!” Jung Min rushed to the table and quickly sat down on the empty seat.
“You were late for 10 minutes!”
“Sorry there was traffic and-”
“You’re still late”
“Come on Jae Ji it’s only 10 minutes!”
“10 minutes I could have drawn a simple sketch and earn myself at least 80,000 won” Jae Ji said and ate her ice cream.

“Then I’ll get my omma to pay you back” Jung Min said with a grin, knowing of the obvious answer Jae Ji would give
“No-” before she could continue Jung Min said out what she’ll say “ ‘No, don’t bother aunt’ right?”
“Yeah..”
“So how are your artworks selling online?”
“Fine”
“Lots of buyers?”
“Neh”

“What about your piano and gayageum teaching? Did the parents complain anything?”
“I should be the one complaining”
“That David kid again?”
“Yeah but it’s alright now”
“What did he do this time..”
“Oh he was cursing me in English as if I don’t understand, but well I do and I scolded him for that lesson”
“The whole 2 hours?!”
“Yeah”
“You’re still the same since I met you last month..”
“It’s only one month, and you’re later by a minute. The last time you were late for 9 minutes”
“Kekeke…”

“Hey Jung Min!” another voice broke into their conversation
“Oh Hyun Joongie! I thought I told you guys to go to the practice room first?”
“Manager hyung says it’s going to be occupied for these few days so we can’t practice there” Kyu Jong said with a sigh
“But we’re debuting!”
“In half a year~” Young Saeng said
“Not fair right!” Hyung Joon was sulking away
“And somehow we see this particular person who said he had something important but went on a date”
“No Hyun Joongie she’s not my-”
“Yes we all know Jung Min your girlfriend~ anyway we wanted to ask you if you have any ideas where we could go for practices since you know all the rich friends”

Jae Ji turned towards Hyun Joong who said that, and said in a cold tone and arrow-like eyes “Are you a spoilt brat or what?”
“Hyun Joong ah! I think we could go to Jae Ji’s house, neh Jae Ji?” Jung Min quickly said to Jae Ji with a ‘please’ look
“Don’t blame me if Moon, Star and Twinkle bite him” Jae Ji said with an irritated look, ate up her ice cream and stood up “I’ll go pay the bill”
“Alright we’ll wait outside the shop” and Jung Min pushes the 4 boys out with him

“Now what’s WRONG with that girl?” Hyun Joong starts complaining to Jung Min
“You just said something you shouldn’t back there, actually two”
“The girlfriend thing? She does sound like your girlfriend, you 2 have bad tempers” Hyung Joon said
“She’s my cousin, same age as me just that she’s born in May” Jung Min turned back to face Hyun Joong “But there was something you really shouldn’t have said”
“What? I didn’t say anything else!”
“You did, the rich friends thing”
“What’s wrong with that?”

“Jae Ji ah, her family was very rich, even richer than me. But when she was 3, her appa passed away. Her omma sent Jae Ji to learn piano and gayageum, so that she can depend on her talents for earning money if ever her omma passes away too, which happened 5 years after her appa’s death. Jae Ji had good art skills so she sells her artworks online for money, and teaches piano and gayageum lessons. And the thing is, she hates people who talks about money and being rich, because she thinks that money can be earned through hard work, example is, herself”

“Okay..then what’s about her attitude? She’s like that before her parents die?”
“Not before her appa died. After uncle died she turned like this, but she’s actually good in character, but just only to people she trusts. The others, she treat them how she treated you just now”
“Do I look not trustable?!” Hyun Joong can’t believe himself
“That’s just her alright Hyun Joongie”
“Who are Moon, Star and Twinkle?” Young Saeng asked in curiosity
“Her 3 dogs, 1 couple Golden Retrievers and 1 female Pomeranian ”
“What?! Dogs?! Why didn’t you say earlier?!” Kyu Jong started panicking

“They don’t bite, unless Jae Ji calls them to”
“What if she does call them to bite..” Hyung Joon said, panicking together with Kyu Jong
“She wouldn’t, the most they bark at you if they don’t like you haha!” Jung Min said when Jae Ji came back after paying bill “Alright let’s go!”