Chapter17

Brightness Of The Dark

“But! It’s different!”
“Just sleep…And don’t you dare sleep on the floor…if not I’ll kill you tomorrow…”
“…But…”
“Aish…” Jae Ji pulled Young Saeng arms which made him fall, lying on the bed beside Jae Ji
“So now…sleep…Good night jagiya…” Jae Ji said and closed her eyes again
Young Saeng then had no choice. He closed his eyes while lying beside Jae Ji, breathed in a lot of air and let it out, and did it over a few times. After a while when he had seemed calm, he opened his eyes, to see Jae Ji in front of him, sleeping soundly. He looked at her for a while and smiled, before cuddling with her under the same blanket and falling to sleep too.

The next morning, Young Saeng woke up first. But what surprised him was, he was hugging Jae Ji under their blanket, and Jae Ji was still curled up and placing her head in the warmth of Young Saeng’s chest. Young Saeng smiled at his sleeping beauty and run through her hair with his fingers. After a while of staring by Young Saeng, Jae Ji finally was waking up. She moved even closer to Young Saeng with her eyes closed, and after a few time of fidgeting, she had her hands around Young Saeng’s waist, sticking her face in his chest.

“Yobo ah time to wake up already” Young Saeng put his hands over Jae Ji’s waist too, and it doesn’t seem like he’s trying to wake her up at all
“I want to sleep”
“You have to start all the training today, so you can’t sleep anymore”
“Fine…”
Jae Ji released the hug, although Young Saeng didn’t, but he gave space for Jae Ji to move in his arms. Jae Ji used the back of her hands and rubbed her eyes, but then hugged onto Young Saeng’s arms and yawned, not even opening her eyes.
“Jae Ji you have to open your sweet eyes”
“Don’t feel like”
“Open them, my yobo”

Jae Ji indeed open them after that, and tried to get out but couldn’t
“I woke up and you don’t want to let me out”
“I want a morning kiss”
“Okay” Jae Ji gave him a light kiss on the lips “Now you got your kiss so let me go prepare”
“Don’t feel like” Young Saeng still didn’t feel like letting Jae Ji go, so he tightened his hug
“Please jagiya”
Jae Ji knew that method would work, and so she finally got out. The both of them changed and got to the training room where the apprentices are. Jae Ji called Young Saeng to sit at the side and observe while she had the lessons with the small ones.

After their lesson was over, Jae Ji got Young Saeng to another side of the room while the apprentices train by themselves
“Okay we’ll train here”
“Oh sure…”
“First…” Jae Ji summoned out a wooden stick “We’ll start on physical” and hit Young Saeng on the head so fast that he didn’t realize she was coming
“Ouch!”
“That was warm up” Jae Ji laughed a little “You’ll focus on defense first. Try to avoid my hits for 100 hits”
“100?!”
“Ok fine discount, 50”
“But-”
“Don’t complain” Jae Ji landed another hit on his leg “I’ll start slow, and then I’ll increase the speed gradually. Now start”

For the first 10 hits, Young Saeng already got hit for 10 times, so Jae Ji had to stop and teach him to concentrate. And they start all over again, all the way till night when the lessons end, luckily Jae Ji healed Young Saeng after everything if not he might not be able to even sleep already. On the third day of lesson, Young Saeng didn’t improve much.
“Ouch…” Young Saeng whined as he got hit real hard on his arm, before pouting at Jae Ji “Lessons haven’t started yet!”
“That’s going to be the last hit from the wooden stick”
“Why?”
“We’ll have to skip physical defense and attacking already. We got no time”
“For what?”
“The official training of using magic, as a Dragon Knight”

“Just relax, I’ll tell you what to do” Jae Ji said to Young Saeng before they react into the Dragon Knight form
After transforming, Young Saeng was all alone at the training room, with a staff in his hands which sparkled in his hands. It was his first time and he started to panic.
“Don’t be afraid, I’m here I’m here” Jae Ji’s voice sounded inside Young Saeng, within him
“Jae…Ji?” Young Saeng said out, not knowing where exactly Jae Ji is
“It’s time you stop behaving like a little kid already Young Saeng. Since we reacted, I’m now inside you, together as 1. Don’t communicate through speaking, but instead through our minds alright?”
“Huh…?”
“Just say what you want to say in your mind, I’ll hear it, because we’re in the same body right? This is to ensure if ever our conversations shouldn’t be heard by the enemies”

Young Saeng tried and it succeeded. But because he was still not use to it, Jae Ji allowed him to say it out. Jae Ji guided Young Saeng through the different magic he was able to use in that state, and also of course about the different risks each magic takes. Although it was only a day’s lesson, but Young Saeng learnt faster than the physical defense and attacking lessons Jae Ji taught him the previous days. This had made Young Saeng himself satisfied.

“You go to sleep first alright. I’ll set extra barriers for you”
“Preparing for tomorrow’s practice field again?”
“Yeah, for both you and the apprentices”
“But you’re always doing it until so late although it’s 10pm now”
“That’s my job, Young Saeng. You should know”
“But you’re overdoing it Jae Ji!”
“I’m sorry jagiya… but I have no choice. I’m getting Yoon Jin and Min Young tomorrow to help so don’t worry too much”
“Just…come back early…”
“Mm…Good night Jagiya. Sleep well”