Cheesecake

So I've Heard

 

It’d been a tough twelve hours for the Kyu-inator, which he (in his opinion) dubbed himself quite fittingly.

Not everyone could make base in their room for twelve hours straight—having nothing to eat. He was at least thankful he had a bathroom adjoining to his room, otherwise he’d really be in trouble. He didn’t exactly fancy peeing out the window because, let’s face it, that would be pre-tty embarrassing if it was caught on camera.

But the Kyu-inator was suffering. He couldn’t take the hunger pangs anymore. Plus, he’d left his cheesecake in the fridge, and he didn’t want anyone putting their grubby paws on his food while he was locked away in the darkness.

Kyuhyun thought that Sungmin surely would’ve had to have gone to bed already. Sungmin wasn’t quite as skilled as Kyuhyun was at all nighters; Kyuhyun had far too much experience in this area from playing Starcraft. So Kyuhyun fixed his collar and pulled on some socks to mask the sound of his feet, and dropped to the floor.

 

He checked under the door for any signs of movement, but he saw nothing except for the dull glow of the passage lights. He took this as a sign to keep moving and get his cheesecake back. Kyuhyun opened the door as carefully as he possibly could, wincing when the hinges creaked.

He paused mid door opening, and craned his neck past the door, glancing up and down the passage.

Clear.

Kyuhyun tip-toed through the hall, his eyes narrowed and ready to detect any possible imminent danger. He wiped the sweat off his brow dramatically and neared the kitchen, his heart pounding in excitement and fear. His delicious cheesecake would be in his hands, finally! But the looming threat of Sungmin’s wrath put him off in the slightest.

He’d have to gather supplies and lock himself up for the next few days or so, then just pray that Sungmin and he would have different schedules. Kyuhyun could see the kitchen light on, and he found this a tad suspicious seeing as it was almost five in the morning, but he just put it down to one of the members coming for a midnight snack—much like himself.

Kyuhyun padded into the kitchen; the coast was clear. He laughed evilly under his breath, thinking he, the great Cho Kyuhyun, had once again outsmarted his menial members. Just as he was about to open the fridge, he heard a cough from the door way. Kyuhyun paused in his tracks, his senses heightening.

Slowly, very, very slowly, Kyuhyun turned to look.

Sitting on a rolling chair in the door way was none other than the deadly Lee Sungmin, his hands folded in his lap. Kyuhyun thought he looked a little more than sinister, but he was smiling, which was strange. In fact, he looked amused of all things. Maybe he’d pried the information out of someone else and actually thought it was kind of funny or something.

“Um,” Kyuhyun started awkwardly, not exactly sure how to break the ice in situations such as these. “Are you mad?”

Sungmin let out a laugh, but it sounded wrong. It didn’t sound like the ‘oh that’s pretty funny’ kind of laugh, but type that said, ‘I will murder you in your sleep’. Kyuhyun didn’t like the sound of that. Not one bit.

“Cho Kyuhyun,” he said, his voice dripping with venom. “You know, I asked around, and all the members told me to come to you. They told me that ‘I didn’t understand your heart’ and that we needed to work things out. But please,” he said, pausing a moment to retrieve the ominous looking whip (Kyuhyun was going to kill Heechul for that) from who knows where, “do tell me what exactly it is I don’t understand?”

Kyuhyun gulped.

“Because I’ve been thinking a lot, and I know there’s just one little thing I’m missing that’ll bring everything together. One little thing that you know.”

Kyuhyun stayed quiet, and Sungmin sighed; he’d had enough. Sungmin, without warning, leaped from his chair and charged at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun managed the most unmanly squeak in his life that got caught in his throat and came out sounding something like a dying duck as Sungmin came for him. Kyuhyun had to think, and fast. He remembered this move from the Indiana Jones movies, and if he could pull it off, he had a pretty good chance of escaping. Sungmin wasn’t much of a runner, after all.

Kyuhyun charged back, and a moment before the collided, Kyuhyun attempted to slide between Sungmin’s legs and to the other side of the kitchen.

Attempted. 

Sungmin stepped on Kyuhyun’s face and went tumbling to the floor, Kyuhyun trapped underneath. Before he could run, Sungmin straddled Kyuhyun and pinned his arms above his head, effectively stopping him from moving. Kyuhyun knew there was no getting out of this one, but he could at least try.

“Sungmin, look, a distraction!” Kyuhyun said, eyes wide, staring behind Sungmin.

Sungmin however didn’t budge and just gave Kyuhyun a look.

Oh well, Kyuhyun thought, at least he tried.

Sungmin leaned forward and pressed his weight into Kyuhyun arms, only using one hand to keep them both steady. Sungmin’s experience in martial arts was really paying off right now. He was glad they’d taught them things that could be oh so useful. Sungmin held the whip up and grinned manically at Kyuhyun, a scary glint in his eyes.

“Now, you’re going to tell me what you know or—“

“Oh,” came a voice from behind them, and the both turned to look at the kitchen doorway. “Oh, OH GOD NOT IN THE KITCHEN, PLEASE, ANYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN!Ryeowook yelled, looking absolutely horrified.

“Wait! It’s not what you--“ Sungmin didn’t have time to finish his sentence as Ryeowook ran from the room, making extremely strange sounds that were something of a mix between screaming and gagging.

Kyuhyun knew that it was his chance, and in Sungmin’s confusion, he pushed him off and sent him tumbling to the side. It was super effective.

He sprinted from the room, not daring to look back in case he tripped in his slippery socks, and slid into his room, whipping around and locking the door. Kyuhyun panted, adrenaline running high in his body. If there was one thing Kyuhyun had learned from this experience, it was to never leave his room because the outside world was scary.

It seemed Sungmin hadn’t pursued him this time, possibly too embarrassed, or trying to convince Ryeowook he had mistaken the situation, so Kyuhyun climbed into his bed.  

As he was hugging his pillow for comfort, it occurred to him that he never even got to eat his cheesecake.

 

A/N: 200 subs... thank you, thank you ;-;