Strike back

So I've Heard

 

Sungmin was an , Kyuhyun decided, as he his blow dryer only to be smacked in the face with flour.

He was not amused.

Puffing out his cheeks and letting out a long suffering sigh, Kyuhyun’s eye twitched. Petty was the first word that came to mind. Kyuhyun had to force himself to not get too worked up over such trivial pranks—but he found that it was a little difficult to restrain his urge to punch the older male when the flour turned clumpy under the showerhead.

Even Google was of no use lately. There was only so much ‘be yourself!’ that he could take. Did no one understand his predicament? He needed help – and fast, but he had no idea who to get it from. He didn’t fancy getting murdered by his creepy band mates, but he wasn’t sure who to turn to anymore.


Maybe it wasn’t one of his brightest ideas, but he decided to turn to Eunhae for help.

 


 

 

Kyuhyun attempted to walk casually into Eunhyuk’s room--knowing Donghae would be in there like always—but as soon as he entered the room he tripped over the door frame.

Kyuhyun blamed his new shoes on his mishap as they’d ruined his perfect stride (never mind that he’d been wearing those shoes for weeks). Kyuhyun put his fist to his lips and coughed dramatically, startling the two who were sitting on the bed with a laptop in front of them.

Eunhyuk snapped the laptop shut and Donghae looked incredibly guilty—Kyuhyun thought that he really didn’t want to know. Kyuhyun smirked and leaned against the wall, one hand on hips and the other leaning on the wall above his head awkwardly. It wasn’t the best pose he had ever taken, but it’d have to do.

Eunhyuk and Donghae stared at him, waiting for him to start talking, but Kyuhyun faltered.

Instead of rushing over here, he should’ve planned things out a little. Kyuhyun cleared his throat.

“So,” he said, letting the word hang in the air for a moment for dramatic effect. After the dramatic effect had turned into an awkward silence, Kyuhyun coughed and started pacing the room, hands linked behind his back. Eunhyuk and Donghae glanced at each other, worried that their poor maknae has lost his marbles.

“What’s he trying to do?” Eunhyuk whispered, looking at Kyuhyun confusedly.

Donghae shrugged then rubbed his chin thoughtfully. He noted that he really needed a cool beard to complete the scene – but his bare chin would have to do for now. “I think he’s lost it,” he said sadly, looking at Eunhyuk with dismay.

Eunhyuk gasped and put a hand to his forehead, letting out a honky wail.

“HOLD ME!” Eunhyuk shouted, flinging himself into Donghae’s arms, holding him as tightly as possible.

Kyuhyun watched the scene in confusion, only having heard Eunhyuk shouting ‘hold me’. He didn’t miss the blush that spread on Donghae’s face. Excellent, he thought, that was brilliant blackmail material. Kyuhyun used this opportunity of Eunhae having some kind of mental break down to figure out what he needed to say, and how.

“Ehem.” Kyuhyun caught their attention and they stopped hugging after a long time. “How do you suppose one goes about stopping someone playing pranks on someone?”

Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other at the same time – their synchronism crept Kyuhyun out – and shrugged.

“There must be something you can come up with!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air and doing a twirl in frustration.

“Well…” Donghae said, looking unsure, “Why doesn’t the person being pranked ask to join in and prank someone else?”

Kyuhyun went right up to Donghae and kissed him on the forehead. “Donghae, I’m sorry that I ever called you stupid. You’re brilliant!”

Eunhyuk looked put off. “Or,” he intoned, speaking very slowly, “Said person being pranked could hold something of theirs hostage.”

Donghae nodded. “Either way.”

Kyuhyun considered this for a moment.

Sungmin had been dragging around that god awful rainbow pillow everywhere lately. He slept with it, ate with it, took it to his schedules… it was like he couldn’t live without having his best bud rainbow pillow by his side.

This just made Kyuhyun ridiculously happy, a perfect plan forming in his mind. There was no way this would fail. This was Cho Kyuhyun’s original idea (Kyuhyun excluded Eunhyuk and Donghae, because it was a bit embarrassing admitting going to them for help) and it was bound to work, just because he was Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun knew that Kyuhyun always wins.

Kyuhyun faced the pair of idiots and smirked, pulling a very conveniently placed pocket watch from his jeans. Holding onto the end of the chain. He swung the pocket watch back and forth like a pendulum.

“Forget we ever had this conversation. You are getting very sleepy. I never came in here,” he said, backing away towards the door. “You know nothing.”

After Kyuhyun had left and shut the door with a soft click, Eunhyuk frowned and turned to Donghae. “You know, I think Kyuhyun’s actually the biggest idiot out of all of us.”

Donghae couldn’t help but agree.