Blushing

So I've Heard

 

A/N: guys I’m serious I wrote this when I was drugged up as hell on medication so like if it doesn’t make sense, my bad, because I think it kind of makes sense but I’m not 100% certain. I’ll look over it later though. And I’m sorry for the shortness – I tried writing more but my brain is frazzled as .

 


 

 

Sungmin told himself he shouldn’t be blushing, legitimately blushing, over a simple comment Kyuhyun made about his hair.

That was unacceptable.

He wasn’t meant to blush over his best friend telling him his hair suited him and looked great. Because he definitely didn’t like Kyuhyun, so why were his cheeks burning like so? Sungmin decided he didn’t  want to deal with thinking too hard right at the moment, so he just gave up and went with it – pretended like he was acting.

“Oh, baby,” he said to Kyuhyun, even making himself cringe. Sungmin slapped his hands on Kyuhyun’s cheeks and squished them a bit, “You look so handsome like that.”

Sungmin felt a flash of triumph at Kyuhyun’s disgruntled and confused expression.

If they were going to play this game and prank everyone together, he was going to have a hell of a time doing it. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see everyone in the room cringing, except for Ryeowook who was looking on in awe and happiness. It kind of crept Sungmin out.

They kept up their act all the way to the dorm, saying cheesy things to each other, whispering in each other’s ears and giggling like school girls when someone attractive passed by. But once they finally, finally reached their room, they parted their hands almost instantly, as if they’d been burned.

Kyuhyun coughed.

“I have to say, you exceeded my expectations,” Kyuhyun said, trying to sound smart, or in charge, or just something super cool, of which he was none. “You were able to blush at the appropriate time, and you pulled off the ‘embarrassed partner’ look very well. I commend you, good sir.”

Sungmin glared at him, “You didn’t exceed mine. When I came out with my new hairstyle you were supposed to say how handsome and dashing I looked, then you should’ve hugged me or something and called me beautiful! But nooo, you just sat there and gave me some half hearted compliment. You started this game, so play it properly.”

Kyuhyun snorted. “Too true, my dear friend. I must say that I was quite shocked by the whiteness of your hair, and alas, I couldn’t comment fairly and participate to the highest of my abilities."

Sungmin smacked his forehead and crawled into bed, exhausted. He didn’t want to deal with the pompous that was Kyuhyun, who thought he was just way too awesome for everything.

Sungmin snuggled under his covers and waited until Kyuhyun turned out the light. Sungmin started nibbling on his nails nervously, because although Kyuhyun thought he was pretending, he really did blush, and he really was flattered – because it came from Kyuhyun.

And that scared him a little.

He tried to kick the thought to the back of his mind and pretend like nothing happened so he could go on with life as usual, but there was something there in his chest. Something throbbing and light that he couldn’t quite put a name to. So, instead of trying to figure out all these complicated feelings that were going through him, he decided to go to sleep and avoid thinking.

“Oh, and Kyuhyun?” Sungmin said, “Stop trying to sound like you’re sophisticated and smart. It makes you look like an idiot.”

Kyuhyun’s pride was hurt, and he decided to never try sound smart again, and Sungmin slept snugly with his rainbow pillow, safely in his arms, that night.