Rainbow Pillow

So I've Heard

 

Sungmin’s last plan had backfired, but he knew this one would be a hit.

There was no way he could stuff it up this time.

He tried to erase the memories of the last time he’d attempted to prank Kyuhyun and instead found out some interesting things about Eunhyuk’s ual orientation.

Just before Kyuhyun took his dinner, Sungmin sprinkled some crushed laxatives atop his mashed potato. At the dinner table, he couldn’t help but smirk as he watched Kyuhyun eat, not caring if his creepy expression was freaking everyone out a bit. Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun until he excused himself and ran to the bathroom. Putting his head in his hands, Sungmin let out a high pitched laugh of triumph.

It had worked!

What Sungmin didn’t factor in was that Kyuhyun used the bathroom that connected to their shared bathroom. It smelled horrible all night, and every air freshener in the world couldn’t help waft the smell away.

Sungmin continued pranking Kyuhyun throughout the weeks, getting giddy every time he succeeded, but these days he was feeling a bit lonely without his friend, and he wasn’t so satisfied when he pranks went well anymore. It was still fun, but it’d lost that spark, because Kyuhyun had stopped trying to up to him and was now plain ignoring him, sulking on his bed.

It was after his latest prank, putting up highly unattractive photos of Kyuhyun on his twitter, that the pranking came to a halt. Because Kyuhyun did something he hadn’t expected at all.

He had taken his rainbow pillow hostage.

 


 

 

In the morning, Sungmin was on his merry way back from his schedules, skipping gaily towards his room, when he saw a letter stuck with blue tack to the door, with ‘READ ME’ in big letters on the front. Frowning, he opened the letter and read the contents, his heart freezing. The letter were all from newspaper clippings, reading out: ‘I have your rainbow pillow. Proceed with caution.’

Sungmin tried not to panic; he didn’t know if Kyuhyun was bluffing or not.

But at the same time, if Kyuhyun really did have his rainbow pillow, he had to act calm and rational, otherwise who knew what Kyuhyun was going to do with it. That damned diabolical genius (Sungmin thought this was debatable), as he called himself, was sitting in their room with his precious rainbow pillow, probably drawing on it, or pulling out the stuffing.

Having a small spazz attack of panic, Sungmin took a deep breath and tried to keep his rational mind about him, then he opened the door.

What he found, he did not like.

Standing in the middle of the room was Kyuhyun, his lovely, precious rainbow pillow in his left hand, and a kitchen knife in the right.

Sungmin gasped. The knife was held up to the stitching, and Sungmin knew if he made one wrong step the stuffing would be pouring all out over the floor. His mouth was dry, and he couldn’t swallow the lump in his throat.

“What do you want?” Sungmin asked, his voice as biting as winter wind.  

Kyuhyun chuckled, deep and theatrical.

“Dear Sungmin, I simply wish to talk,” Kyuhyun said, trying to act like he was super cool and in control, when in reality he just sounded stupid as hell.

Sungmin tried not to laugh at Kyuhyun’s attempt at sounding threatening, but he restrained himself. Laughing might get his poor pillow slaughtered.

“Okay,” Sungmin said, folding his arms, never taking his eyes off the pillow. “Let’s talk.”

Kyuhyun cleared his throat, then accidently got himself caught in a coughing fit. Sungmin rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath about Kyuhyun being the biggest idiot he’d ever met.

“A-anyway,” Kyuhyun continued, finished having his fit. “The reason I’ve brought you, me and the rainbow pillow in the room should be rather obvious to you right now.”

Kyuhyun waited for Sungmin to say something, but then gave up since Sungmin was just staring down at him. It made Kyuhyun a little (really) angry, but he had to negotiate with him here. He couldn’t just cut the pillow, because then not only would he be burning his bridges, he’d be taking a on them too.

“The reason we’re here is because this needs to stop,” Kyuhyun said, pointing between them with the knife. Sungmin was looking a bit nervous now, and Kyuhyun didn’t really feel all that guilty about it or anything. “We’ve been antagonising each other for too long, so I propose a plan: instead of pranking each other, let’s fool the other members instead!”

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun dubiously.

“Kyuhyun, put the damn pillow down, will you? Be rational here, I can do much worse things than glare at you and put powder in your hair dryer.”

Kyuhyun didn’t doubt this at all, if that black belt in martial arts was anything to go by. Kyuhyun placed the knife and pillow on the table, acquiescing to Sungmin’s wishes.

“Okay, okay but listen, trust me. Imagine how badly we could tease the members and make them feel awkward and panicked in public if we pretend we’re actually together. They would squirm on TV shows every time we stand together, wondering if we’ll go too far, and, oh god, the hilariousness that awaits.”

Sungmin considered this for a moment.

To be honest, he was thinking to himself that he would stop targeting Kyuhyun some time soon anyway. He really missed screwing around with the members with Kyuhyun’s help.

It was just so much fun.

Finally, Sungmin nodded. “Fine. Let’s do it.”