Wine night

So I've Heard

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t stupid. In fact, he prided himself on his smarts, so when the members started whispering and sending secretive glances his way every so often, he immediately realised something was up. That, and every time Kyuhyun walked by Siwon, he would whip out his bible and began chanting under his breath. So Kyuhyun decided that it was his responsibility to find out what exactly the members were up to.  But only after wine night with Sungmin of course.

 

 


 

 

Heechul pressed his ear to the door, feeling the soft hum of jazz music vibrating against his ear as he tried to listen in on Kyuhyun and    Sungmin. Purely for confirmation though. He had no ulterior motive. Nope, none at all.

Eunhyuk and Donghae were heading in Heechul’s direction while talking and punching each other playfully, acting like two ten year olds in puppy love. Heechul tip-toed away from the door and snapped his thumb to their lips, effectively shutting them up. They both raised their eyebrows and stared at Heechul, asking ‘what is this madness’ with their eyes. Heechul was a master at reading eyes, according to, well, himself. He moved his hands to their shoulders and leaned in close.

“I’m spying on Kyumin, for umm, confirmation.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae nodded slowly, their faces set in determination as they considered this. “Right. Confirmation.”

Donghae whipped out a thumbs up in approval, and they all crawled to the door as silently as possible, placing their ears against the wood.

They listened for a few minutes, but all they could hear was faint giggling and meaningless chatter. Donghae narrowed his eyes and looked to Heechul with suspicion. “Heechul are you sure they’re-“

A loud slapping sound cut Donghae off.

“How about we try this?” 

Donghae’s mouth fell open in horror and any doubts about Sungmin using whips flew out the window.

Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whined, “but you know I hate this.”

“Don’t say that, I went out of my way to prepare this.”

There was some shuffling and scuffling, then Kyuhyun demanded, “Just give it to me already.”

Oh my God Sungmin actually tops,” Eunhyuk whispered, thinking back to the sweet loveable Sungmin who couldn’t hurt a fly. To think him and Kyuhyun were actually into those kinds of things.  

"Use your teeth." Donghae gasped in horror.

There was a popping sound, then a loud followed by a ‘sorry’.

“Dear lord, what are they doing?” Heechul whispered, looking a lot more interested than he should’ve been.

 

Meanwhile, in Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s room, things weren’t going quite as Heechul expected.

 

Kyuhyun sipped at his wine and chatting with Sungmin amicably. He was enjoying himself, but truthfully he’d tasted this wine one too many times, and it was beginning to lose its charm. 

“Hold on a minute,” he told Sungmin, standing from his chair and heading for the mini fridge they kept in their room. He pulled out a bottle of champagne and went back to Sungmin’s side. He knew that Sungmin wasn’t a big fan of champagne—or this particular brand, but hey, it was on sale. Kyuhyun slapped the bottle with the palm of his hand. “How about we try this?” 

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whined, “But you know I hate this.”

Kyuhyun sent Sungmin a hurt puppy face. “Don’t say that. I went out of my way to prepare this.”

No matter how adorably cute Kyuhyun though (keyword: thought) he looked, Sungmin wasn’t falling for it. Sungmin stood and yanked the bottle from Kyuhyun’s hands, already a bit tipsy and uncooperative, holding it out of Kyuhyun’s reach. Kyuhyun tried to grab a hold of Sungmin and get the bottle back, but with little success. Sungmin was more agile than he appeared. However, Kyuhyun wasn’t one to give up easily.

“Just give it to me already. We’ve already prepared,” Kyuhyun growled, obviously referencing the fact that they’d set up the music and drinking glasses.

Sungmin stopped struggling for a moment and finally acquiesced to Kyuhyun’s wishes, grumbling under his breath all the while. Kyuhyun shuffled back to his spot and grunted as he struggled with the cork.

“Sorry Min, I just can’t get it to work,” he said regretfully, feeling more than a little embarrassed after trying so hard to convince Sungmin to drink some.

Sungmin took pity on the poor soul and held out his hand. “Here, let me try.” Sungmin groaned with effort, but he couldn’t get it off either.

“Use your teeth,” Kyuhyun suggested.

Sungmin put his lips around the head of the bottle and chewed on the cork, but it didn’t work. Sungmin his saliva back up and released the bottle from his mouth with a pop. “Sorry.”

“Oh well, forget about it then… another time.”


Heechul couldn’t even deny that he was disappointed—and he was sure the maknae and Sungmin were too.

“He must be embarrassed,” Eunhyuk whispered while they retreated from their… information gathering. Research, for umm.. for science!    

Heechul shrugged. “It happens to the best of us.”

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. “Even to you?”

Heechul just smirked. “No. I’m better.”


The next morning, Eunhyuk approached Kyuhyun with shifty eyes.

“Kyuhyun-ah, maybe you should cut back on the alcohol.”

Kyhyun just stared at him blankly.

"You can lose your vitality… as a uh, man, you know,” Eunhyuk said and nudged Kyuhyun once while winking, as if conveying some kind of inside secret that Kyuhyun wasn’t privy to. He just scratched his head in confusion as Eunhyuk left the room.

 


A/N: Sorry for the massive wait for this chapter D: I had to finish Nanowrimo, (which I won, woo) but now I'm back. Thanks to everyone who subscribed :D  Also, Ch4nni, if you're reading this, I got some of this from our conversation LOL.