A First For Everything

So I've Heard

 

Their last performance in China went so well that when everyone left the stage, they were all in high spirits. They were to going to Japan tomorrow morning, and since that was one of their favourite countries to visit, it just lifted to atmosphere even more. Even Sungmin and Kyuhyun, in their bad moods, were riding on the energy and laughing along with all their members.

They celebrated by popping a champagne bottle and spending the rest of the night going from hotel room to hotel room and singing badly along to Chinese karaoke that most of them couldn’t even read, but they enjoyed themselves anyway. Around twelve, they were instructed by the hotel managers to each go back to their own rooms because they were disturbing all the other tenants.

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked back together in relatively comfortable silence, a much bigger improvement from the absolute awkwardness before. Looking at Sungmin still made Kyuhyun’s stomach flip, but things were beginning to calm down between them with this unspoken forgiveness swimming between them.

When they got back to the room, Sungmin pulled out a bottle of wine that he’d been saving for a special occasion. He wanted to formally make up between him and Kyuhyun, and he figured that since this was the most civil and happy they’d been in a while, it would be a good time. He just wanted to put this to and end for once and all.

 

Kyuhyun knew the moment that Sungmin approached him with a bottle of wine that some bad things were doing to go down. Alcohol and feelings never worked well with Kyuhyun. His mind was a mess, and already floating from the earlier champagne he’d had with the other boys.

‘BAD IDEA. BAD IDEA!’, his brain screamed. ‘DO NOT ACCEPT INVITATION FOR WINE. WARNING. DANGER AHEAD IF WINE IS CONSUMED.’

But then Sungmin looked at him with those stupid eyes and his stupidly blonde hair was blinding his judgment and Kyuhyun just blurted out, “of course” before he could stop his traitor of a mouth from running itself off. But the look on Sungmin’s face was worth it when he accepted. He lit up completely and pulled Kyuhyun onto the end of the bed, grabbing out the wine glasses and pouring them each a generous amount.

“To us,” Sungmin toasted. “And to going to Japan.”

They clinked glasses, and Kyuhyun was getting really nervous at this point. He counted out all the windows and predicted the possibility of his imminent death it he leapt out of one at any stage. It was almost 100%, so Kyuhyun decided the door was probably a better option if he needed to make a swift escape from the situation. For some reason, he just had a bad feeling about this, but he couldn’t turn down Sungmin’s peace offering after all this time of fighting. Sungmin brought out his iPod and connected it to the dock, playing soft jazz music in the background like normal, and everything seemed to click. They smiled at each other and started to laugh.

“Were idiots,” Sungmin said, smirking, the aftershocks of laughter making him bounce the bed.

Kyuhyun smiled and looked down at his empty glass, “yeah, we are.”

Sungmin refilled it for him several times as they chatted like usual, and even though it was nearing one thirty in the morning, he didn’t feel tired at all.   

He stared down at Sungmin who was laughing at something Kyuhyun had said, a little red in the face from the wine. For some reason, he couldn’t move his eyes away. It was like they were stuck with glue. He reached out and tugged at a piece of Sungmin’s fringe. “I really do like your hair, you know. It looks good on you.”

Kyuhyun couldn’t tell if it was the alcohol or embarrassment, but Sungmin seemed to turn redder. “Thanks,” he muttered, looking up to Kyuhyun with a genuine smile.

Kyuhyun smiled back and didn’t look away.

“What?” Sungmin giggled. It felt weird being looked at like that by Kyuhyun. His eyes seemed almost… sad?

“I…” Kyuhyun cleared his throat and finally looked away, staring at the wall ahead and twitching his fingers around the glass. “I am sorry,” Kyuhyun said so quietly that he wasn’t sure he’d heard correctly.

He blinked several times in surprise. “Wait, what?”

Kyuhyun scrunched his face up and pushed Sungmin’s shoulders, jostling him. “You heard what I said, you idiot. Don’t make me say it again.”

Sungmin just sat there with his mouth wide open. “You’re sorry?”

“Yes, shut up,” Kyuhyun grumbled, completely mortified at having let that slip out. “Drink your wine and stop staring at me.”

Sungmin was feeling light headed from all the alcohol and was definitely passed the point of being tipsy. “Thankyou.” He leaned over and, much to Kyuhyun’s shock, pulled him into a hug. It was a bit awkward since they were sitting side by side, but neither of them minded because it felt warm and right, and it was finally fixed between them. Sungmin leaned into Kyuhyun’s side after he’d let go of the hug, feeling too fuzzy and comfortable to sit up properly.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun said, shaking him. “Don’t fall asleep.”

Sungmin yawned and leaned on Kyuhyun even more, making Kyuhyun roll his eyes fondly. He pinched Sungmin’s nose, trying to wake him up, but Sungmin just swatted his hand away and stared at him grumpily.

“Go away, I’m comfortable.”

Their faces were closer than Kyuhyun thought, and his mind suddenly went blank, because he knew he needed to stop because he didn’t feel in control of himself, but Sungmin looked so pretty so close to him with his dumb blonde hair and pretty lips.

Sungmin was staring up at him through his lashes, his mind equally fuzzy and confused. He placed a hand on Kyuhyun’s collarbone and tangled his fingers in the collar of his shirt. Everything felt so warm and right and he didn’t want to think anymore because it was late and he was happy and Kyuhyun was right there in front of him, looking at him with those eyes, so he stopped thinking and leaned in. 

Their mouths were inches away and it felt like a spark of electricity had sparked through them, surging them forward to connect their lips. Kyuhyun’s whole body shook in surprise at what he’d let happen, but that didn’t stop him from leaning in and kissing Sungmin back, a hand grappling Sungmin’s shoulder and he brought Sungmin’s lower lip between his. Sungmin’s hand was coming up to Kyuhyun’s hair, and the moment it happened Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if he was happy or sad because everything was so confusing, Sungmin’s hand dropped and his whole body went slack. Kyuhyun let him go and he flopped onto the mattress, passed out cold.

Kyuhyun breathed heavily, bringing and hand up to his lips and wiping them, so completely out of his depth.

 

What the hell had just happened?

 


A/N: I am so nervous about this chapter because things are moving now and ahhhhhHHHH.