Chapter 8. | Explanation.

Eyes On Fire (Hiatus! Due to lack of inspiration!)

Chapter 8. | Explanation.

Nara's P.O.V.

My sweet dream slowly faded away as my eyes fluttered open. Wanting to try and saver some more time to sleep, I closed my eyes again and snuggled closer to my pillow, it was soft and cuddly. A smile crept to my face as I felt the comfort of my bed. Well... until my bed groaned that is. That's not right. I thought as my eyes shot back open.  

I immediately sat up and looked at my surroundings, in front of me was a now semi-awake Daehyun, with disheveled hair and one eye open. I looked down and saw what my 'pillow was', turns out it was his lap. Well, that's slightly embarrassing, I thought as Daehyun started to wake up more. He looked around a bit before his eyes landed on me. A sleepy smile crept up to his lips, making him look so adorable! Yah! Nara, stop thinking such things! I mentally scolded myself.

"Good morning Nara~" He said in a sing-song tone. I blushed slightly as my heart skipped a beat.

"Morning Daehyun-shi~" I replied in the same tone. Hey, it was one way to get my mind off the thoughts from earlier. He chuckled and stretched his arms as he sat up properly.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked looking at me.

"Neh, thank you, for staying with me, um, I'm sorry if I may have crushed you in the night." I apologised and cringed at the thought of how uncomfortable it must've been to have me sleep on him.

"Ani, jinja!" He responded quickly while waving his hands. I softened as I could hear the sincerity in his voice. I smiled a bit before looking towards the clock.

8:00 AM. ! My eyes opened in shock and I scrambled to my feet. Daehyun, surprised by action became concerned.

"Nara, what is it? Gwenchana!?" "It's 8:00! We're gonna be late for school if we don't hurry! You go shower first while I make breakfast!" I said as I pushed him towards the direction of the bathroom.

"Woah, yes ma'am!" He saluted whilst chuckling. "¬_¬ Hurry!" I shouted while throwing my arms around. He laughed whole heartedly before walking in to the bathroom and closing the door. I giggled a little to myself before going to the kitchen to make breakfast.

__

Around half an hour later we were showered, fed and on our way to school. Luckily the school isn't far from my house, about 10 minutes, we should be able to get there on time.

"Daehyun-ah, thank you, again, for last night." I said sincerely whilst we were walking. I was truly grateful for his company. He's one of those rare people who you could be doing absolutely nothing with but the two of you wouldn't be bored.

"Hey, I said I'd be there for you no matter what remember? It wasn't an empty promise." He said as he looked me in the eyes, a smile gracing his lips. Whilst his words were processing in my mind, tears started to form in my eyes. No one has ever said anything like that to me before. I let my emotions overtake me as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

Although shocked at first, Daehyun soon regained his senses and slowly wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulling me closer. The warmth that I had felt with him before had returned.

We stood like that for a while before he whispered into my ear; "You're welcome." and we pulled away, with one last smile at each other, we continued on our way to school.

__

The day seemed to go quickly and soon it was lunch. There was no sign of HaJoon, so I told Daehyun to go eat lunch without me whilst I roamed the library.

What was I doing in the library you ask? I was going to do a little research.

"q...r...s...t...u...v, aha!" I muttered to myself as I scanned through the many books, looking for the right letter. Searching a little more, I found the book I was looking for. It was dusty and smelt old, obviously no one had read this in a long time.

Vampire Folklore. - I know this is just a book that humans have made but hey, maybe there's some truth in it? It's worth a shot right?

I wanted to find out what the connection between me and Daehyun was. Hoping that the book could give me some answers, I started flicking through the pages. Some minutes went by and I'd found nothing. UGHH! I ruffled my hair in frustration. I slammed the book shut and put it on the table.

"Is there anything that can explain this to me!?" I whispered dejectedly to myself. Giving up, I went to put the book back on the shelf. As I picked it up, a  piece of paper dropped out of the book.

"What's this?" I asked no one as I bent down to pick it up. Sitting back down, I turned the paper over and started to read it. It appeared to be a diary entry, very old and tattered, written in old Korean, to which I just about managed to read.

Dear diary,

I found out something beautiful today! Umma and Appa always talked about how we vampires are destined to love one person. They said that we don't pick, fate does. Apparently some destined couples know each other for years before they work it out, some just a few days. Well, I think I found my destined other!

I only met him about a week or so ago but I have this weird feeling whenever I'm around him. It was when I first came to this school, no one would talk to me. I didn't mind though, it's safer for everyone that way, right? There was no way I could bite anyone. One day at lunch, I forgot to bring my daily blood carton. Knowing that no one ever went in there, I ventured into the woods next to the school, hoping to find an animal to feed off of. I easily spotted a deer in a clearing deep in the mass of trees. As I went to attack it I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. It was a person. By now my fangs had grown and my eyes had turned into a deep shade of blue, I panicked hoping that the person wouldn't see. I turned to leave but before I could, the person called after me, I turned around to come face to face with a handsome guy my age with burnt orange eyes. I immediately knew that we were the same... After confirming with each other, we got to know the other better and couldn't control my thoughts of how comfortable it was to be around him... That's when I realised that he was my destined love. We confirmed it with our parents and now are happily together... I'm so happy at the thought of being with him forever, I just needed to tell someone! So I wrote it here, keke.

Well, thanks diary, see you in the next entry!

- Kwon Juyeon.

My eyes widened at what I had just read. Destined love? Kwon Juyeon? My Mother?

What I had just read, appeared to be the diary entry of my mother upon meeting my father. I remembered, the colours of my parents eyes and knew that there was no mistaking it.

But how did this end up here!?

More importantly, back to the original thing I was looking for, these feelings described. I know them all too well, with... Daehyun!?

Does this mean that Daehyun is my destined love!?

I sat there in shock as I let the reality sink in. And then another question popped into my head.

How do I tell Daehyun?

__________

Phew~ long chapter everyone, took a while to write. So, this chappie should clear things up a bit for you.

What will happen next? And where is HaJoon?

chibbles-imnida, signing out!