Chapter 13. | His past.

Eyes On Fire (Hiatus! Due to lack of inspiration!)

Chapter 13. | His past.

Nara's P.O.V.

Daehyun and I had spent the rest of the weekend and most of the following week sorting things out in the house. Come Friday we were exhausted. At lunch we sat in the garden, chatting about things and getting to know each other more. As we were talking, a question popped into my head.

"Daehyun..." I started.

"Mhmm." He hummed in response. He was sitting on the bench next to me, leant back with his eyes closed.

"You lived alone, before, right?" I asked cautiously. He sat up and looked at me, nodding. "Why did you live on your own? What about your family?" I queried. His body tensed at the mention of family. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't wa-".

"No. You told me about your family before. You should know about mine. Just... not here. I'll tell you when we get home, okay?" He interrupted with a sad smile. I simply nodded as the bell rang signaling the last lessons of the day were about to start. We made our way to class and tried our hardest to stay awake through out the lesson.

__

"The weekend, finally!" I cheered as I threw myself down on the couch after dinner. Daehyun chuckled as he sat down next to me, lifting my head to put it on his lap.

"You're forgetting something..." He said, smiling down at me. I thought for a minute before remembering what I had asked earlier.

"Ah, yeah, you don't have to if you don't want to." I said looking right into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed me softly before pulling back.

"I want you to know. We're going to spend our lives together after all." He said with so much sincerity my breath got stuck. Instead of saying anything, I just nodded.

Daehyun's P.O.V.

"Umm, okay then... when I was about 4, like most vampire children, I worked out that I needed to start drinking blood instead of my Umma's milk. My mind was very mature for my age. I understood things most children couldn't. Right and wrong, I just knew. My power of sensing lies came at this point too.

When I started getting these weird cravings for blood I went to my Umma. I told her what I was feeling and she said it was normal and that she'd sort it out for me. A few nights after, my parents came home with bottles, filled with blood. They sat me down and put a bottle in front of me. What I smelt disturbed me. I was expecting animals blood. This... was human blood. As a child who was growing up in a normal school with humans, I knew the smell well. Feeling that it was wrong to drink it because of the bond I had with humans, I refused to drink the stuff.

My parents tried to talk me out of it. They said that all vampires drunk human blood. I knew they were lying. I still refused. At night I would sneak out into the woods near my house. I'd look for animals that were severely injured, ones that I knew weren't gonna make it. I fed off them. For years it was like that. As I got older, whenever my parents tried to get me to drink, it would turn into an argument... and soon into physical fights. My Appa would beat me telling me that I am no son of his if I didn't drink human blood. I just took the beatings, he was still my Appa after all.

One night, when I was 14, he got too angry. We were in the kitchen having the same old argument when he picked up a knife from the counter. Before I could react he lunged at me, I grabbed his arm and we struggled for a bit. My Umma walked into the room and in shock of the scene she saw, she dropped a plate she had in her hand, distracting me for a second. In that small amount of time, he had managed to successfully make a large gash in the top of my arm..."

I slid my sweater off of my shoulder and pulled it down far enough to show her the scar. She looked horrified with tears in her eyes. I was feeling the anger rise in me thinking about them but as soon as she started trailing her fingers over the scar the anger melted away. 

"Once he pulled away, I looked him straight in the eyes whilst gripping my bleeding arm. There was no love in his eyes. I realised that all those times I had spent letting him beat me just because I respected him as my Appa, he didn't see me as his son at all.

I knew that if I'd stay there, he would kill me. Giving one last look at my Umma, who was in tears, I ran. I ran from the house, through the woods, out of Busan and eventually made it to Seoul. This was when I was grateful for having the speed of a vampire. Luckily, I had some money left in my jeans. I found a small convenience store and bought a first aid kit, treated my wounds and wandered the streets.

There was no one around so early in the morning. I found an abandoned beach shed near the sea. I slept there and after a few days of working things out, I managed to get a job in a kind Ajusshi's restaurant. I told him my situation, minus the vampire part and he helped me out with more than I'd ever be able to thank him for. He gave me furniture and even helped me turn the shed into somewhat of a home.

Around two years later, he passed away. I couldn't believe it. I got a call from the authority's a few days later. Turned out he had no family and had left everything to me. He'd written in his will that he wanted me to use the money to by an apartment and go to school. It took me nearly a year before I could bring myself to do so. He had become my only family and he was gone. When I finally managed to get myself together, I came here... and met you." I finished. I was shaking and a single tear dropped down my face. 

I felt Nara's hand take hold of mine. She squeezed it tightly as I turned to look at her. She was crying and I felt a pang in my heart seeing it.

"I'm so, sorry..." She said quietly. I forced a smile and pulled her into me.

"It's okay, there was nothing you could've done... just, don't leave me, please..." I almost begged.

"I won't leave you, I promise." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and held her tighter. We stayed there for a while before deciding to head to bed. That night I held her so close to me. Knowing that I'd spend my whole life and maybe even have a family with her some day, I slept with a content and happy feeling all over.

__________

Long... emotional chapter... for me. I had to listen to some sad songs to write this. I hope you guys managed to feel what I was trying to make you feel in this chapter XD.

And again, thank you all for reading, commenting and subscribing. I can't thank you enough.

Oh yeah, and congratulations to our B.A.P for winning the online voting for the 'Best New Male Artist' award at MAMA! Baby's are proud!

Now... if you don't mind, it's late where I am, and I need some sleep! ^^.

chibbles-imnida signing out!