Chapter 14. | Blood-bond.

Eyes On Fire (Hiatus! Due to lack of inspiration!)

Chapter 14. | Blood-bond.

Nara's P.O.V.

Ever since that night, Daehyun and I had gotten even closer. We're now insperable, and even if we're just sitting in silence, it's comfortable. I guess this is the effect of the whole 'destined love' thing. Although I know that it had contributed to me falling in love with him, I don't think it's the only thing. I think that even if we were just two normal people, who had met under different circumstances, we'd still be together like we are now. He's my best friend and my only love, someone I can trust and depend on. There's nothing else I could ask for, I have what a lot of people don't genuinely have; happiness. And now I think I'm ready, ready to make that bond with him, if he feels the same.

__

Daehyun and I were sitting outside in our back garden. It was night time but the light shining from the moon and stars were lighting up the sky. Being late November it was cold, we were wrapped up in a blanket together and wearing several layers of winter clothing, but the thing making us the warmest was each other's body heat. We sat in silence listening to the sounds of the world around us. As I closed my eyes I felt Daehyun starting to kiss at my neck. I opened my eyes and squirmed, giggling.

"Oppa, what are you doing? That tickles." I said with a smile. I turned around to face an also smiling Daehyun.

"Nara, can I tell you something?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes.

"Of course." I replied automatically. I changed my sitting position so my body was facing him, but we were still wrapped up together in the large blanket.

"I just wanted to tell you... I think, I really am in love with you..." He said shyly and looked down. I couldn't say anything but if my heart could talk, it would be spitting words out by the second. He looked up at me for a second and looked back down. "I understand, if you don't... I was just hoping that-".

"Oppa..." I interrupted, finally managing to get a word out. He stopped and looked up at me, his disappointed face turning into somewhat of a shocked face as he did. I was smiling. "I think I'm in love with you too..." I finished. He let out a breath that I don't think he realised he was even holding and his facial expression turned into one of relief and happiness. I chuckled at his cuteness.

"You do? Like, really? Are sure?" He asked quickly, making me chuckle again. I grabbed his face in my hands and pulled it close to mine, I looked into his puppy like eyes.

"Yes." I said as I nodded my head, and made his head nod at the same time. He didn't say anything in return, instead, he grabbed my face in the same way and kissed me slowly. It was a sweet and short kiss. As he pulled away, he looked into my eyes again.

"Can I ask you something then?" He asked.

"You just did." I said teasingly. He smile before turning serious.

"Can we make the bond? I don't want to lose you to any other vampire, by choice or force. Please." He pleaded. I nodded, yes. I wanted to too.

Daehyun's eyes flickered into a burnt orange, as did mine blue. Our fangs revealing themselves. Daehyun moved first, kissing my lips before leaving kisses down to my jaw line and eventually reaching my neck. I pulled him closer and leant my head to the side, giving him better access. He kissed my neck before mumbling an 'I'm sorry' for the pain that I was about to feel.

Within a second pain shot through my body and I let out a small whimpering sound. Daehyun took my hand and interlaced our fingers, he squeezed it tightly. I could feel him starting to take my blood, and the pain started to melt away leaving a slightly pleasurable feeling. A small moan escaped my lips as I felt his tongue move across the skin on my neck. I felt him smile against me and he finally pulled away. He his lips clean of my blood and motioned for me to bite him.

I did so and instead of whimpering like I did, he held my body tighter. It was, obviously, both our first time drinking vampire blood. I could feel his blood mixing with mine as I continued to drink it. Soon enough I pulled away, before I could the blood off of my lips, Daehyun had already leant forward and it for me.

As we gazed into each others eyes, I saw something flash in Daehyun's, for a split second, they turned blue then back to orange again. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and suddenly I felt something cold surrounding us. We both looked around to see that we were surrounded by a ring of... ice?

Daehyun automatically looked at me with a raised eye brow. "That wasn't me." I said waving my hands in front of me. Daehyun and I looked at each other in confusion. Suddenly, Daehyun winced and pulled his hand up.

"AH, MWOYA!?" He shouted, looking at his hand. It was frozen solid in a block of ice. I remembered something before bursting out laughing whilst Daehyun was frantically hitting his hand on the floor trying to break the ice.

"Remember what happens when you bond? You gain the powers of the person you bonded with." I said, still laughing slightly. Daehyun stopped and looked at me for a second, the information processing in his mind. When it had sunk in, he looked at me with begging eyes.

"Help me, help me get it off..." He said pouting. I awed at him and moved forward to help him get rid of the ice. As I was moving around something made me jump, I lifted my hand to find it on fire. My eyes widened in horror thinking that my hand would fall off.

"Daehyun, Daehyun! What do I do!?" I shouted to Daehyun who was still examining his hand. When his eyes saw what I was talking about he started bouncing on the spot.

"Ah! Perfect, use the fire to melt th- wait, fire? Nara, your hand's on fire!" He shouted. I looked at him dumbfounded. This idiot, I thought. Running over to the pond I stuck my hand in to put it out. I sighed in relief to find that my hand was back to normal when I took it out. I looked back over to Daehyun who still trying to get the ice off of his hand. Looking around, I noticed a large rock next to the pond. I picked it up and walked back over to Daehyun.

"Put your hand on the ground." I said. He did so without looking at me, just as I was about to hit the ice with the rock he looked up at me, eyes widening when he saw the rock.

"W-wh-wha-what are you doin-" He tried to say but I had already thrown the rock down, breaking the ice block. He retracted his hand, rubbing it. I sat down next to him.

"Okay... tomorrow, we are learning how to control each other's powers, ne?" I said. Daehyun replied with a simple nod, looking sadly at his hand. I laughed at him and got up. "C'mon, let's go to bed." I said and started to walk inside. Daehyun got up and followed me in. As we got into the kitchen, Daehyun stopped me.

"Nara, can I ask you something about your power?" He asked. I nodded. "Have you... ever tried making making ice cubes with it?" He asked brightly. I laughed and shook my head, walking towards the stairs. His face fell slightly and he rushed to catch up with me.

"Okay, that was just a joke... but seriously... can we try it?" He asked, sounding like a curious small child whilst we were walking up the stairs. "Ne, sure, we can try it tomorrow." I said still laughing. I heard him cheering to himself, making me smile.

__

As we got in bed after showering and what not, Daehyun kissed me and said: "I love you." I smiled and replied "I love you too." before we both fell asleep.

__________

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter :). Sorry, I'm too tired to write a long Author's Note.