Love

Be My Bride?

 

 

Kris' POV:

 

            After I returrned to my room, I quickly threw myself on my bed and felt really comfy. I just wanted to close my eyes and forget everything that has happened. I felt bad for not saying a word to Luhan after the meeting but I'm not in the mood to say anything or talk about anything. I let the awkwardness fill the air around us until we get back to our rooms. I just wanted the floor to swallow me whole but I know that's impossible. DEFINITELY IMPOSSIBLE.

 

            Our rooms are just next door for the purpose of easy access (that's what they said since Luhan's my personal advisor). When we reached to our doors, Luhan weakly smiled at me and I did the same. I mean, we didn't say a single word with each other (even though we exchanged glances) and we're super awkward (the air is). He entered his room while I'm still standing in front of mine then I whispered, 'I'm sorry' and I immediately entered my room.

 

            I've never thought about marriages or even girls. The only women I see are house servants and some visitors too but they're not within my interests. To be honest, there we're young servants who wants to flirt with me, some have really have guts to do so but they we're all taken care by Luhan and I'm glad for it.

 

            I fell asleep while lying in my bed thinking about what's gonna happen and I dozed off. I woke up and stared at my grandfather's clock. It's 11:45, time for lunch. I remembered about the incident earlier with Luhan and I can't bear to see that face again. I wanted to apologize so I quickly ran to my door and went to Luhan's. I was going to knock then I heard a click on his door then it opened. What I saw was an O.O -eyed Luhan in front of me.

 

 

 

Luhan's POV:

 

            It's been 3 hours since I've locked myself to my room. I'm too lazy to go out and I'm just lying here in my bed playing games in my iPad. I checked my watch and it says it's already noon, time for lunch. I need to inform Kris and go together to the dining hall.

 

            I quickly stood up and placed my iPad on the table beside my bed. I ran towards the door then opened it and to my surprise, I didn't expect what I'm seeing right in front of me.

 

            "... Kris?" I blinked many times. "What are you---"

 

            "Shh..." he cut me off with his forefinger on my lips. I admit I got goose bumps when he did that.

 

            "I've got something to tell you" he straightened his face.

 

            "What is it?"

 

            "You know... okay, I'm sorry!" he placed his hands on my shoulder then our eyes met. I felt adrenalin rush inside me but why would he be sorry?

 

            "For what?" I wrinkled my eye brows

 

            "For not saying anything, for ignoring you, and for forgetting that I should talk to you about these matters" he lowered his head. I know he meant it.

 

            "I'm not mad. Plus, it's my duty as your advisor so don't forget that" I smiled at him.

 

            "No, I'm not saying this because you are my advisor but because you are---"

 

            "Prince! Earl! You're being called to go to the dining room now!" one of the servants interrupted him. I woder what Kris' going to say? I looked at him then he smiled at me.

 

            "Let's go" as he held my arm and we walked together. HE HELD MY ARM. Why?! He doesn't usually do this!

 

            I felt my face burn and I'm sure it's in a shade of crimson red right now. I'm just glad he's in front of me and doesn't even dare to look back or he'll tease me again. We arrived at the palace's dining hall and were greeted by the emperor and the ever smiling empress. I wonder why Kris would always look grumpy (kinda) when his parents were always smiling? We bowed at them then sat next to each other. The empress would talk happily about her marriage life and that became a topic at the dining table. I honestly felt out of place since I'm not going to be the part of the wedding. It's not like I'm gonna marry Kris that I have to hear these stupid conversation. Yep, I'm pissed. Someone's gonna take Kris away from me and why should I be happy for that?

 

            Kris stood up and the royal couple silenced.

 

            "I'm done" he started walking towards the door when aunt Krys said,

 

            "No manners at all, isn't it your duty, Luhan?" she said with a sarcastic tone then I heard a loud slam from the door. Kris is pissed and so am I, I didn't bother what aunt Krys said or what will she say again. I ran after Kris and left the dining hall searching for him. I need him now!

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

            After they had left the couple again, Krys didn't bother to check but started laughing herself out loud. If her husband didn't cover , no doubt the whole palace would hear it.

 

            "Look at them so pissed! Hahahaha!" literally, she rolled like a buffalo.

 

            "Oh dear, stop playing with those two and tidy yourself up. They'll be here soon" her husband stated

 

            "Right, I'm so gonna tell sis about my plan!"

 

 

Kris' POV:

 

            I'm so pissed off right now! Why is mother provoking me! She knows Luhan is there yet she won't stop. But why do I care so much if Luhan was there? It's not like we're in love with each other, are we? Sure I care about him, A LOT. But does it count as love?

 

            "Damn, what's wrong with me?!" I kicked the stone in front of me. I'm at the garden right now. I want to be alone need some air to breathe. I wanted to see Luhan right here, right now.

 

            "Kris!" WISH GRANTED.

 

            "Luhan?" he rushed up towards my direction then embraced me. He was out of breath and panting like crazy. I returned the hug then he looked up to me.

 

            "I did not teach you to have bad manners" he pouted. I swear he'd make any guy fall for him with his cuteness overload.

 

            "I know" I smiled at him as I burried my face on his neck.

 

            "Wha--- "

 

            "Just let me stay like this for a while, please?"

 

            "Fine"

 

 

Luhan's POV:

 

            When Kris buried his face on my neck, I felt butterflies within my stomach. I agreed to him for us to stay like this for a while because I, too, am feeling comfy. I like this feeling of having someone you like hugging you like there's no tomorrow when it's only the two of you. It's funny to think two lovers having rendezvous... WAIT A MINUTE, LOVERS?! RENDEZVOUS?! BRAIN AND HEART, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?!

 

            "Umm... Kris?"

 

            "Just a bit longer" he demanded

 

            "..."

 

 

Author's POV:

 

            What those two didn't know is that someone's been peeking at them.

 

            "Kyaa! So cute! Honey, let's take a picture of those two, Gimme the camera!"

 

            "Ugh," the emperor handed the camera to his wife out of nowhere

 

            SNAP!

 

            "Aw, look at these two. They love each other so much!" Krys stared at her camera with the photo of those two embracing each other.

 

            "Secret rendezvous in a broad daylight? Kids these days..." The emperor stated

 

            "But the more it is hidden, the more it is romantic! C'mon, better leave those two alone and let this photo be developed in perfection!" Krys dragged her husband far from those two and left the room.

 

 

Luhan's POV:

 

            I'm here lying in my bed again thinking about what happened between me and Kris. My heart's been beating like crazy, and it's all his fault. To be honest, I have a crush on him for a long time. I didn't even know if I'm already in love with him.

 

            I turned my body to the side facing the wall then closed my eyes wanting to drift off to sleep. Then all I can see is Kris’ handsome stupid face! Stop it, please!

 

            “Kris… please tell me if this is love”

 

            “Well, what answer do you want?” someone from behind answered back.

 

            “Yes…” I replied. HUH?!

 

 

 

 

 

Hahaha! Even though I'm still in the middle of studying, I still find time to update?

Well, there's nothing wrong right?

 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!