History

Be My Bride?

 

Luhan’s POV:

 

                “The bride’s already here among us”

 

                Eh? She’s here? There’s only one girl among here aside from mom and auntie…

 

                Everyone had their confused looks painted on their faces including Kris. That only means we have one candidate for Kris’ bride and no doubt that would be her

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

                “Yu-chan is the bride”

 

                That’s the thing that’s been going on into Luhan’s mind. He’s on his own world that he didn’t even notice the people around him, same as Kris.

 

                Yes, he didn’t notice Krystal’s been secretly snickering and trembling like someone who really wants to burst out laughing. He also didn’t notice his mother whispering words like ‘keep quiet’ with a gesture. “Sorry” Krys whispered in the quietest tone she could ever make but she can’t hide the smile all over her face.

 

                Both Kevin and Yu just face-palmed themselves of hoe the empress’ been trolling around in the most crucial time.

 

                “Listen up everybody, my wife has something to say” the emperor declared to stop his wife from snickering too much.

 

                “Ahem, everyone, the meeting has ended. Sister, Lulu, Kevin, please follow us; Yu and Kris, please remain and take your time” the empress said

 

                “Yu, you know what to do. Please, take care you two” Luna told her daughter as she stood up to follow her sister while Kevin and Luhan followed behind.

 

                Everyone could see the sad look on Luhan’s face except for Kris who can’t bear to look at anything. They just shrugged it and continued what they are doing. In the mean time, Yu just stared at the blank face of Kris.

 

                “Nii-sama?” she said. Kris jolted up a bit then turned his head onto her.

 

                “Y-yes?” he replied with a bitter smile

 

                “Kris-nii, I know what’s going on in your mind but it’s not what you think it is”

 

                “Eh?” as the latter stared at her confusedly

 

 

Kris’ POV:

 

                I know Yu-chan is very good at mind reading (tester and proven) but what does she mean by it’s not what I’m thinking? Isn’t it obvious that she’s my fiancée?

 

                “What do you mean by that?” I asked her

 

                She just smiled at me and said, “If you think I’m your bride, you got it wrong”

 

                “What?” I stared at her wanting her to explain what the heck is going on

 

                “Fine, I’ll tell you everything! Until you’re satisfied then feel free to ask anything” I just nodded

 

                “In our family history, once in every century, there’s always a pair of twins born. The twins are called “moonstone sisters”. It means one is born from the beauty of the moon and the other is from the finest jewel of all stones” I tried to register everything she said in my mind as she continued explaining the details.

 

                “After the sisters give birth to their offspring, their fist children must marry each other for it will bring great fortune to the family. And in our situation, it seems like our mothers, Luna of the Moon and Krystal of the Stone is the legendary sisters of this generation”

 

                “But Yu, you are the eldest. Aren’t I suppose to marry you?” I asked

 

                “No, I’m really sorry oni-sama for keeping secrets from you. I’m not the older one, its Luhan-nii. And he is the crown prince of Tsukino Empire in Japan” and with that, my jaw literally dropped.

 

                “HE’S A PRINCE?” I couldn’t believe it myself.

 

My very own childhood friend is originally a PRINCE? What’s more, the crown prince of the famous Tsukino Empire that excelled in traditional arts. No wonder he acts noble even if he grew up in here because he was born a noble!

 

                “That means you are…”

 

                “Royalties, you got that right. According to the legend, the sisters must remain royalties for the rest of their lives so it’s against the law if one of them becomes a commoner. It’s a crime to disobey the law. Penalty would be harsh; it could even result to death penalty so defying the rules would be equal to death”

 

                “I was made to become the older one for nii-sama’s and my family’s sake.if it was publicly known that nii-sama is the reigning crown prince, there’s a high possibility of assassination that may occur while he’s still here in China. His safety is not highly guaranteed especially if he’s in Japan that’s why he had to be sheltered here. As for me, it’s much safer. If I, a woman, became crown princess, it could only mean that I’m already betrothed, which is believed to be you, and it will be hard to kill me if I’m already engaged to someone powerful. Thus, my coronation thing was just a trap to lure out enemies” she continued

 

                “Oh, so that explains it… but why can’t I marry you? You’re an offspring of the moon sister”

 

                “It’s impossible. Only the eldest can marry the eldest. If the rules are broken, it will cause great destruction for both families”

 

                “You mean I’m supposed to marry…?”

 

                “Yep, Luhan-nii” then she smiled

 

                What the? So I’m supposed to marry Luhan instead of Yu? I’m glad, really glad. But something else bothers me

 

                “Yu… we’re both guys, how will it work?”

 

                “Do you really think that never happened before? C’mon, that’s inevitable. Even our forefathers had experienced that. It’s nothing” she replied confidently

 

                “You mean they can produce a child?”I said jokingly unable to believe the fact

 

                “Yeah, and nii-san can too”

 

                “…!”

 

.

.

.

AWKWARD SILENCE

 

                “asdfghjkl!!! SERIOUSLY??! But how is that possible?!”

 

                “I think it’s in the genes. It’s already been decided from the start that the stone clan dominates the moon clan. That explains why you are manlier than Luhan-nii and Kevin-nii’s a guy while I’m a girl”

 

                “So… it’s possible?”

 

                “Definitely. Tested and proven” as she winked at me with her thumb up

 

                “Oh, okay…”

 

                “Why don’t you try it in your honeymoon and see how will it result?” she blurted out

 

                “Wha? You’re still a kid yet you talk too much!” O.O

 

                “Oh c’mon, it’s not like I can’t see it in your faces when I saw you two together on his bed ear---“ I shut her off with my hand

 

                “Stop it kid. You’re too young for that”

 

                “15 aren’t too young. And Kevin-nii knows about it too”

 

                “How many of you actually know about this ayway? I mean this orthodox thingy” I tried to change the topic

 

                “It’s only you who doesn’t know”

 

                “What? So you were all playing around with me?” I raised my brow

 

                “It’s more fun if you know nothing”

 

                “The hell?”

 

                “So, going back, how will you do him? When will you do it? Will it be right after the wedding or in the honeymoon? Or have you done it already?? Tell me, I’m curious” ugh, this kid!

 

                “Shut up brat. You’re already becoming like Kevin”

 

                “Duh, ‘cause we’re related? I’ll tell you our brains work alike though we’re cousins you know… now tell me”

 

                “Shut up” this kid is really something… where did she all learn these?

 

 

At the Empress’ Parlour

 

Luhan’s POV:

 

                “What?”

 

                “Try it” Aunt Krys said

 

                I blinked my eyes a few times of disbelief what they had just said. I stared at the red silk dress stationed in front of me. It’s a wedding dress.

 

                “Why me?”

 

                “It suits you hyung” Kevin said

 

                “Shut up, I’m not talking to you” but I know I’m really blushing inside

 

                “Kevin’s right. Just try it” mom added

 

                “But it’s for the bride right? Sizes would be different if I wear that”

 

                “That’s why we need you to try it out. To look if the size is okay so we could make adjustments” Aunt commented

 

                “Fine, but please make it fast” I feel a little guilty though, because I’ll be wearing what’s supposed to be Yu’s bridal gown.

 

                It’s really beautiful. The silk is smooth, the embroidery is clean and full of details, length is fine, and what bothered me the most is that it fits me too well and they even put make-up on me!

 

                “Perfect!” aunt exclaimed

 

                “Whoa, hyung! Who would have thought you’ll be a beauty if you’re on different gender!”

 

                “Shut up, Kevin”

 

                “Oh, honey. You really are beautiful” mom said while she patted my back

 

                As I looked into the mirror, I was happy because of that but sadness still lingers in me. They say I’m beautiful but what can this face do if I can’t even have the person I love for myself? What can this face do if that person will become someone else’s property?

 

                “Please remove it now” I turned my head down unable to look at myself at the mirror. Then everything went silent

 

                If Kris sees me like this, I wonder how he will react. Would he be surprised? Stunned? Or he might as well be disgusted. He might just laugh at me and tease me non-stop when he sees me. I mean, who wouldn’t be disgusted seeing a man, especially your best friend, dressing up as a woman with make-up on? Moreover, this steps my pride as a General Marshall of his armies. Imagine being looked up by your subordinates who unknowingly knows you swing this way.

 

                “Oh, wait! I’ll go get the make-up remover” mom said as she rushed to the cabinet to search for the remover while Kevin helped his mom organize her things again.

 

So no one’s going to help me remove these things? C’mon this takes time to put on and it’s almost dinner. How am I supposed to get these things off before I run out of time? I thought to myself as I fiddled with the garments around me.

 

                I continued fiddling it while waiting for them to finish until I heard someone opening the door. OO.MY.GOSH. whati’mseeingrightnowisfarfromrealityandissonottrue!!!!! It’s KRIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS!!!

 

                “Everyone, it’s dinner time alre---“he immediately stopped midway when he saw me standing just right in front of him. My 17 years of living happily is gone. This is my dead end.

 

                “Luhan?”

 

 

 

 

buuuuuuuuuuuuh, sorry for the late update! >.<

hehehe, i'll make it up to you next time!

and that is after my exams. hahaha :D