Distress

Be My Bride?

 

 

 

                “Luhan?”

 

Kris’ POV:

 

Flashback

 

                The maid went to tell me and Yu about dinner so we had to go to mom’s parlour. What I’ll be seeing behind these doors is what I did not expect. A fresh aroma of rose petals welcomed me along with a woman. A REALLY PRETTY WOMAN, she was dressed in a beautiful red robe that is similar to a wedding dress with silks and garments. Her dress and make-up complement to her white porcelain skin which made her more beautiful.  Her grace stunned me; she was an epitome of beauty. But something else struck me, she looked familiar. I went closer and I realized with disbelief that this beauty in front of me is.

 

                “Luhan?” I felt like my world crashed.

 

                It felt like my heart stopped for a while. Seeing him like this, I never thought I’d really fall hard for my best friend like this. He looked so perfect that I could just take him as a wife already.

 

                “I uh… h-hi, Kris…” he looked flustered

 

                “Ah, nii-sa--! Eh?” Yu appeared behind me “Oni-sama became onee-sama? What happened?”

 

                “Oh, Kris dear and Yu, you’re back already?” aunt Luna said

 

                “Yep!” Yu replied happily

 

                “So how was it?” mom then intervened

 

                “Great, I told him everything and he understood it. He approves the wedding with full consent” she said with an ‘OK’ sign

 

                “That’s good. Thank you Yu, I’m glad I let you talk to him” mom added.

 

                What the heck? Do they really think I’m that lightheaded? Well, a bit but not that much…

 

                “Then should we go to the dining hall now?” Aunt Luna said and everyone agreed “Oh, wait!” the she turned her head

 

                “Luhan! I’m sorry I forgot, Kevin and Yu, help me get this off of Luhan” as she tried to undo some cloth on his waist then Kevin and Yu helped her.

 

                Speaking of the devil, he hasn’t spoken for a while. Luhan seems down, I wonder what’s wrong with him. There must be something else bothering him.

 

 

Luhan POV:

 

                I can’t stand it anymore. I need to suppress my tears. I can’t let them see me like this, especially mom. I have disappointed her already when I started to fall to Kris; she sacrificed so much to bring me up as a man with pride. But now, I’m heartbroken by this very man in front of me and my own little sister. How could I face her with such shame that her only son fell in love with her sister’s only son? I can’t drag anybody with this mess I made. I can’t take it, this is too much.

 

                Unknowingly, I ran away from them. I can’t bear to be with them for a while, it’s too depressing. I want to be alone, far from them. I may even go back to Japan and live peacefully without any painful memories left. If I go back, I may be able to find someone much better than Kris, who can love me freely. This time, I’m unable to stop my tears.

 

                I let them, I’m alone anyway. There’s too much pain inside me that my heart may not able to take it. Yes, I cried, a lot. And it’s all because of Kris. Why do I have such fate? Why am I born like this? Why? What hurt me more is when Yu said Kris agreed to the marriage. He agreed! What about me? He said he liked me. Why did he even ask me if I can be his? I shouldn’t have let my feelings get carried away. I could’ve rejected him on the spot since I know there will never be anything between us from the start. That one simple kiss ended our brotherhood for I fell for him harder than what I expected. I love him… I love Kris…

 

                “Wo ai ni” I whispered in the softest tone I could manage with my tears preventing my voice.

 

                “Hey there young lady!” someone shouted behind me.

 

                I stared at him confusedly as he continues to direct his gaze on me. Is he referring to me? Why? It’s not like I--- oh no! I forgot I’m still dressed as a girl with make up on. No wonder he mistook me for a girl. Luhan, why do you have to be so stupid?!

 

                “Hey, I’m calling you! Why do you not reply?!” he shouted again

 

                It’s disgusting. But I noticed he is wearing one of the Royal Official’s robes, maybe that explains his attitude. But I still continued staring at him. Does he not recognize me? How could he not? I’m the General Marshall of the whole army, it’s impossible unless… wait! If I look closely, he’s not one of my men. Okay, that’s how it is. At least I’m proud I did not train my men to be flirts when drunk. Yep, he’s obviously drunk.

 

                “Lady, do you not know me? Maybe that’s why you are disrespectful, eh?” as he moves closer

 

                Well, he’s the one who doesn’t recognize me. How dare he? He instantly grabbed my arm and it surprised me how hard his grip is.

 

                “Let go” I demanded

 

                “I’m going to introduce myself first. I’m one of the Royal Officials of the Wu Empire so you must respect me lady”

 

                “Now let go of me” as he tightens his grip on me

 

                Damn, why did I forget to bring my sword? Plus, it’s hard to tackle him down thanks to this freaking long robe!

 

                “So now that you know who I am, why don’t you spend a night with me? Pretty good offer, huh? I’ll pay you any amount you want” he snickers

 

                “Disgusting, lowlife”

 

                “What did you say?!” now he gave more force, I swear I’ll be bruised after this

 

                “Let go”

 

                “Not if you beg me”

 

                “Never”

 

                “I’ll teach you a lesson” bad idea, this guy’s pretty strong…

 

 

Earlier

 

Kevin’s POV:

 

                Uh-oh, I think we went a little bit overboard. Luhan hyung must be hurting a lot right now. I knew it Kris hyung made him this SISSY! Yu-chan and Aunt Luna please do not disown him. Well, he’ll be part of the family soon though. Ah! What am I thinking?!

 

                “Hyung, don’t just stand there, go after him!”

 

                “I will, you don’t have to tell me” then he rushed off to find the love of his life.

 

                “They’ll be okay, I still have plans” mom interrupted

 

                And as expected, we all groaned in desperation the moment mom said the word “plans”

 

                “What?”

 

                “That better be good or else my son will be hurt again, Krystal” Aunt Luna shot her a death glare

 

                “Don’t worry! I’ll make it up this time, trust me” but we still have doubts

 

 

 

Current situation

 

Kris POV:

 

                Damn, where could he be? He can’t go out the palace so he might be somewhere near. I’m really sorry for him I think they really went overboard.

 

                Where in the world could Luhan ran off to? Wait, maybe he is in that place? He must be!

 

 

Flashback

10 years ago,

 

 

                “Xiao Lu, let’s play hide and seek!”

 

                “Okay, who will be the ‘it’?”

 

                “I will, you go hide. I’ll only count until 10, okay?”

 

                “Okay!”

 

                “1, 2, 3, 4 … 10”

 

                “Ready or not, here I come!”

 

                “Luhan!!”

 

                “Come out come out, wherever you are…”

 

                “Found you!”

 

                “Yah, Yi Fan! Don’t scare me like that!”

 

                “Oh, Lulu is scared! Xiao Lu is scared!”

 

                “I’m not, you just surprised me!”

 

                “But you said I “scared” you!”

 

                “Fine, but wait till we get bigger, I’ll be stronger and tougher than you!”

 

                “Okay then, c’mon let’s go back to the palace”

 

                “Yeah”

 

 

End of flashback

 

                Oh yeah, that was the first time I held his hand and it was surprisingly warm, very comfortable. Who would have thought that that man could possibly have such soft hands with all those training he had been through, I can’t believe how he maintains that.

 

                Leaving that aside, I better find him now. If I am not mistaken, he should be near the garden, sitting at the corner bench. He’s always like that whenever I find him in his private zone. I hope he’s okay he looked like he was almost tearing up before he ran off. Is he crying? Does he think of me? Is he okay?

 

                “STOP IT! I DEMAND YOU TO LET GO OF ME!

 

                “Oh come on honey, don’t be shy… you’ll like it soon

 

                “I SAID LET GO!

 

                Wait, wasn’t that Luhan’s voice?! Where the hell is he? Is someone trying to hurt him?

 

                “I’m coming Luhan”

 

                “…”

 

 

 

                “KRIS!

 

 

 

 

 

dear readers, i'm sorry for updating this late!!!!!!

i'm not really feeling well right now :( sorry

so how is it? i hope you enjoyed this chapter :D