Chapter 29

Exoergic

 

 

*gets down on my knees, puts my head on the floor* 

Choesonghamnida

 

Kris was silent so Lay kissed his cheek before scampering back over to the chair in the corner. He peeled the wall-paper back and yanked the cord from the wall, turning around to grin at his boyfriend, as he playfully twirled it around.

Kris smirked and stood up before making his way towards a grinning Lay. They played an interesting game of cat-and-mouse before Kris finally tackled his boyfriend onto their bed.

He smirked down at a still-grinning Lay. “I hope you weren’t really trying to get away because that was horrible.”

Lay smirked, “Well, I could have easily locked you in the bathroom when you lunged at me in the shower and I jumped right over you.”

Kris scoffed, “I was letting you get away. Don’t get cocky, mister. I know that I could have easily grabbed you when you slid under the desk.”

Lay rolled his eyes, “I was just teasing you. You definitely wouldn’t be able to catch me if we tried this out in the city.”

Kris smirked, “Wanna bet?”

Lay pulled his tablet out of thin air and began pressing random areas. When he was satisfied, he turned it around so Kris could see the screen.

“This is the map of the entire west coast of the United States. I can pull up a map of anywhere in the world with the press of a button. Trust me, you’d never catch me.”

Kris continued smirking, “Fine. When this Oregon business is all over. For our 3 week grace period, we’ll go on vacation somewhere.”

Lay could already see where he was going with this, so he nodded, “Deal. When I win, you will be my slave for 3 months and my assistant for my next 4 missions.”

Kris narrowed his eyes before grinning, “And when I win, you have to clean all my weapons… thoroughly.”

Lay nodded, “Ok. Deal. We can work out the details and whatnot later. For now, let’s sleep ok, slave?”

Kris had begun to agree with him but when Lay called him a peasant, he squawked and began tickling the smaller man until he submitted.

Their little tickle fight went over for a few minutes before Lay yelped his submission in between giggles.

“Ok! OK! You big lug! I give! You win!”

Kris grinned down at him, “Alright, loser. Let’s get some sleep, shall we?”

Lay rolled his eyes and shoved his boyfriend off of him. They both quickly showered, separately since Lay was giving Kris the cold shoulder for that comment.

When they were finally settled under the covers, Kris pulled a giggling Lay into his chest.

“You weren’t even mad at me! Why’d we have to shower separately?”

Kris was a man so he didn’t do things like pout, but Lay thought that his lips turned down a little too much. Lay smiled his little dimple smile and pecked Kris’ lips. He turned over, smirking.

“Cause it was fun.”

Kris huffed but tightened his hold on Lay’s waist and they drifted off to sleep in minutes.

 

Lay woke up because the sun was in his face. He growled and turned over so he was facing Kris, burying his head in his chest. But the sun began warming his back.

Lay his teeth as he was forced to wake up. He checked the time.

9AM

He sighed, there was always something out to ruin his sleep. And he was having such a nice dream too. He pouted as he remembered his dream of moving in and starting a family with Kris.

Kris groaned as his eyes fluttered open. He turned his head to look at Lay, who was pulling on jeans and a gray t-shirt.

“Why are you not over here?”

Lay chuckled, “Why don’t you just come over here?”

Kris groaned again and Lay knew that if Kris wasn’t such a manly man, he definitely would have started thrashing around in a temper tantrum.

When Kris knew he wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep without Lay in his arms, he huffed and sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed and stretching his arms above his head.

Lay, who had been putting his socks on, was now blatantly ogling Kris’ large chest, appreciating the wide stretch of skin.

Kris quickly stood up and made his way over to his still staring boyfriend. When they were standing chest-to-chest- well more of head-to-chest because Lay was a midget- Kris bent his head down to kiss him.

Lay jerked his head back, “Nope! You need to go brush your teeth.”

Kris grumbled as he stalked into the bathroom to clean himself up.

He stomped back out 10 minutes later and shoved a grinning Lay back into the wall, kissing him deeply.

Kris pulled away and smirked at Lay, who’s fell back against the wall as he panted with his eyes closed.

Lay panted out, “Much better.”

Kris rolled his eyes and pulled on some pants and a button down shirt. When he was done with getting ready, he walked down to the first floor, heading straight for the hotel’s large sunroom where they had a complimentary breakfast.

As soon as he stepped into the room, Lay ran over and pressed a hard kiss to his mouth.

Kris narrowed his eyes, “First you deny my good morning kiss, then you make me walk all the way down here by myself, now you’re stealing kisses?! I tell you, you have some kind of nerve, Mr. Lay.”

Lay smiled and pecked his lips again.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’d throw a tantrum about having to walk down here by yourself. I’m going to the restroom.”

Kris smiled at Lay’s little insult. Before Lay walked away, he leaned up on his toes to whisper in Kris’ ear.

“2nd table by the window.”

Kris nodded and Lay pecked his cheek before walking- well since he knew Kris was watching him- strutting out of the room.

Kris smirked as he checked out his boyfriend’s in those wonderful jeans. When Lay was out of sight, Kris turned back around, eyes scanning the room.

He glanced at the table Lay had mentioned, noting that the same group of women crowded around the table was the same group from the night before.

He made eye contact with one of them and gave her a small, polite smile and a head nod  before making his way to the coffee bar.

When he sat back down and began eating, one of the ladies- the same one he’d smiled at- walked over and sat in Lay’s chair.

Kris ignored her as he sipped his coffee and read the newspaper that had been lying on the table.

She cleared and he looked up, a surprised look on his face.

“May I help you?” He asked in Taiwanese.

She smiled at him, “Yes. My name is Sarah.”

Kris put his coffee cup down, “Kevin.”

She smiled brighter, “Yes, well Kevin. I was wondering if you were interested in a little sight-seeing with me today. I noticed you eating here all by yourself and just had to come over and say something.”

Kris raised an eyebrow at her. Clearly, the woman wasn’t dumb enough to say that. There was a pair of cups and plates on the table indicating a breakfast of 2. And Lay wasn’t subtle at all about claiming Kris.

He cleared his throat, “Ah, well actually I’m not alone. I’m actually waiting for my partner.”

Sarah’s eyebrows raised, “Oh so you’re here on business?”

Kris wanted to smack her.

“Well, I’m sure we can fit a little sight-seeing into your big schedule. I bet you must be so tired of the same thing day in and day out. Why don’t you take a walk on the wild side for a little bit? Dance with the devil for a while?”

Kris eyed her. She was definitely an anti-spy. Everything she said related to what he told Lay the previous night.

He smirked just as a body dropped into his lap.

Lay picked up Kris’ coffee mug and took a sip, eyeing the woman over the rim.

“Baby, who is this and why is she worshipping satan?”

Kris chuckled as he placed a kiss on Lay’s cheek.

“This is Sarah. I think she’s a tour guide. She was offering free sight-seeing for us and the guys.”

Sarah, who’s eyes widened when Lay sat down, nervously cleared and stood up.

“Actually, I wasn’t aware he was seeing someone. I just came over here because I took his wink as an invitation. I’m so sorry to have intruded.”

Liar.

For his part, Lay turned quickly on Kris, “Calvin! Were you flirting with other people behind my back?!”

Sarah furrowed her brows, “I thought you said your name was Kevin.”

Kris chuckled sheepishly, “Well, it’s actually Calvin. And I am happily in love with my boyfriend, Jackie.”

Lay wanted to snort at his new name but instead he frowned at Kris, who pecked his nose.

Kris began ignoring the woman as he peppered kisses all over Lay’s face, finally making him start laughing.

The couple began pecking each other’s lips and giggling at each other so Sarah excused herself and walked back to her table of wide-eyed women.

Kris stopped their little kissing game and smiled at Lay.

“You can have your seat back now.”

Lay sighed, “But this one is so much more comfy.”

Kris rolled his eyes as Lay wriggled around whined.

“Fine! You can stay here. Just stop moving.”

Lay grinned as he rubbed his all over Kris’ lap. “Why is this turning you on?”

Kris sighed as his hands grabbed Lay’s hips, stopping him.

He leaned forward to growl into Lay’s ear, “How bad of a limp do you want to walk in today?”

Lay continued grinning as he reached across the table and pulled his plate closer to himself.

Kris playfully nipped the back of his neck before whispering, “Are you going to turn that scrambler off?”

Lay snickered and reached into his back pocket pulled out a small rectangular metal box.

Kris took a sip of coffee as he watched Lay play with the little device.

Lay showed it to Kris, “It scrambles cameras, recording devices, and locators. I made it yesterday from the scraps.”

Kris was, once again, mindblown. His boyfriend was a technical genius. He hummed into Lay’s shoulder as he took the little box and held it, examining it.

The little device looked like a baby’s toy in Kris’ large hand. It had a hard metal casing and Kris could see the tiny crack that was most likely the opening.

Kris was curious to see what the inside looked like but he was a toddler when it came to electronics and if Lay started trying to teach him about even the simplest things, he’d have a headache the size of China.

Lay slipped the device back in his pocket and they finished breakfast quickly. 

 

A/N: /bricked bc horrible person/ ok so i had lost motivation for this story but i've recently just gained it back and trust me, i'll definitely be working harder and updating more! unfortunately, i can't switch from story to story anymore like i used to in my younger days lol so since there's about 3 more chapters i'll update for this one, how they met will take a little longer because that little bastard just won't go anywhere once again i apologize for not updating like i should. and yeah this is a horrible cliff-hanger and there are many holes and confusing things but they're there for a reason, trust me ;)

Much love muchachos <3 

ps. short chapter is short OTL