Chapter 7

Exoergic

 

Wufan wanted to punch himself in the face. As soon as he was out of the room, he took off to the elevator, slapping his face along the way.

“A date. A date? REALLY? You just HAD to go and say that and now Yixing’s gonna think I’m just some tease. Oh God he looked so heartbroken. What am I gonna do?!”

The 60 second ride down to the lobby consisted of Wufan facepalming and mentally kicking himself. He really hated his brain sometimes. What in the hell made him say that?!

He took a few deep breaths as he walked to the front desk and asked for the keys to the rental car he’d requested. Once the lady gave him the keys, he thanked her and headed out to the sleek black Lexus sitting in a reserved spot. If Wufan wasn’t still mentally killing himself, he would have drooled over the beauty.

Wufan slid into the driver’s seat and breathed in. The new car smell calmed his nerves just enough for him to push all of his emotions to the back of his head.

Kris turned the car on and almost moaned as the engine purred deliciously under him. He turned the radio off completely and turned the GPS system on. After making sure the address was correct, Kris pulled out of the parking and maneuvered through the streets, feeling like a crimelord with such a nice ride.

The drive was 15 minutes long and Kris couldn’t help but think about Yixing almost the entire time. What if Yixing never wanted to speak to him again? What if he took back the plushy? What if he hated him? What if he moved away so he’d never have to worry about Kris again?

Kris was getting more and more anxious and was relieved when he pulled up to a nice sized house. He turned the car off and got out, staring at the beautiful home for a second before heading to the front door.

When he made it to the door, he knocked loudly, making sure everyone knew of his arrival. A butler answered the door and led him to a large room where six men were scattered. A young man was lounging on the sofa while an older man was seated in a reclining chair, reading a newspaper. The other 4 men were dressed in all black and positioned in random places throughout the room. There was one on each side of the fireplace, who seemed to have their eyes looked on the doorway, waiting for him. Another was by the large window that showed the front yard and the last man was standing near a doorway that led to another part of the house.

They all looked up when Kris walked in. He bowed and introduced himself, “Good evening. I am Kris. I shall be taking you to the restaurant for dinner.”

The older man stood up with a smile, “Ah hello hello! I am Jero Wacik and this is my son Adhi.”

The young man stood up as well, smiling like his father, “It is nice to meet you. Although I was told there would be 2 of you…”

Kris nodded, “Yes sir, the other guard, Lay, shall meet us at the restaurant. You have arranged a ride for your extra body guards, I assume?”

Jero nodded, “Ah yes! Men, we shall be leaving now. There should be a black car in the driveway for you all.” He nodded at them and motioned for Kris to lead the way out.

With that, they all exited the house and headed to the cars. Kris opened the door for the 2 men and closed it softly before climbing into the driver seat. He turned the car on and put his seatbelt on, waiting for the second car to turn their lights on so he could lead them to the restaurant.

As he pulled out of the driveway, a brief thought crossed his mind. What if Lay was the anti-spy? What if the reason, I never met him is because he’s avoiding me? He could be the traitor!

Kris mentally shook his head. From all the stories he’d heard, there was no way Lay was the traitor. From what Kris was told, Lay never asked questions. He simply took his missions, completed them, and never asked for more than he got. In all honesty, Lay sounded like the perfect worker. He did his job quickly and smoothly without asking for any extra information or money.

Not considering himself, Lay was considered the best spy in the company. He not only was an excellent fighter, he could hack into any government systems with a netbook. Kris bit back a chuckle when he remembered the story Luhan told him of Lay taking apart a laptop and not only reassemble it but managed to program the computer as if it wasn’t stolen. Luhan claimed Lay had erased everything, from the security codes to the tracking and assembly codes and put in new codes so it would seem like a newly-bought computer.

Kris was impressed. He had to meet Lay.

He pulled up the curb of the restaurant and let out the 2 men in the back before escorting them into the restaurant. After a few brief words with the hostess, he led them to the private room and opened the door for the six men. Instead of walking in behind them, he turned back around and went to have a talk with the valet.

“If this car has so much as a smudge on it. You will never work in this country again.”

The valet gulped and nodded. Kris’ glare could make a grown man wet himself. The fact that he was almost 2 heads taller than the guy might have helped too. Kris handed over the keys to the car and walked towards the hostess.

“Yes, I’m with the group in that back room. I need you to come get me if anyone tries to come in. Every member of our party is present and this meeting is quite important. We need as little interruptions as possible. If anyone tries to join us, please come get me immediately.”

The hostess nodded quickly and bowed, “Yes sir. I shall notify someone to come get you if anyone comes in looking for a member in the private room.”

Kris nodded at her, “Thank you.”

She bowed again and he walked back to the private room. As his hand got closer and closer to the doorknob, his heart started beating faster. He finally got to see this Lay kid.

He took a deep breath and opened the door. His eyes scanned the room and locked on that familiar figure. A part of him was jumping in joy, he’d told himself that there was a possibility of Lay being Yixing but the bigger part of him didn’t believe it.

What Kris really wanted to do was run up to the man and kiss him. or punch him. Kris’ eyes widened a fraction of a millimeter and by the smile on Lay’s face and the twinkle in his eye, it hadn’t gone unnoticed. Kris swallowed his surprise and reached forward to shake the warm hand.

“Hello Kris, I’m Lay, nice to meet you. I’m sure we’ll work quite well together.”

 

A/N: How'd you guys like that cliffy in chappie 5? I just wanted to see how you all would react... They finally met!!! *throws confetti* and now I can get down to the good stuff 

image

haha i love that gif... anywhore, comment, review, tell me it's not as bad as i think it is! tell me what you're favorite color is for God's sake just talk to me!!! I'm lonelyyyy!!!! Anyway, expect something tomorrow... because it's 4AM here and my pinky is cramping... 

I HAVE 31 SUBSCRIBERS OJDOFHOIJDIPFJODKASOKCNASLKCSNMALCKANSCLKNADC'LKACD

Much love muchachos! <3

p.s: i picked the scents for a reason. check out my blog if you're curious as to why they are what they are...