Chapter 33

Exoergic

It wasn't long before the group of talented men left the club. They headed back to the hotel after a few more beers, each couple talking quietly to each other.

Kris had been listening to Lay explain how a tiny heat-seeking missle launcher worked when they heard a scoff.

They looked up to see Baekhyun in the middle of shoving Chanyeol away from him.

Lay’s face scrunched up as they watched Baekhyun point a finger at Chanyeol.

“If that’s how you really feel, then I’m glad I don’t want to take the next step with you!”

And with that, Baekyun stormed away from an irritated Chanyeol.

At this point, all the couples had stopped to watch the little scene.

Luhan and D.O shared a look with each other before rushing off to walk with Baekyhun.

Sehun looked on as Suho stepped up to Chanyeol, “Hey, why didn’t you go after him?”

Chanyeol looked in the direction Baekhyun had stormed off in before rolling his eyes and waving his hand.

“Forget him. If he’s going to act like such a spoiled brat about it, then it’s not worth it.”

Suho’s eyes widened and he put a hand on Chanyeol’s arm, “What was that about?”

Chanyeol sighed and closed his eyes, “He brought up the subject of moving in together.”

It was quiet since nobody knew what to say. Moving in together was a huge step for both Chanyeol as well as Baekhyun and it was a topic that wasn’t brought up often. Chanyeol wasn’t ready for that kind of commitment and Baekhyun didn’t seem that prepared for it either.

Sehun sighed as he too stepped forward and placed a hand on Chanyeol’s other shoulder.

“Well what did you say that made him so angry?”

Chanyeol visibly wilted as his eyes stayed locked on the ground.

“I just told him that it was a huge responsibility… and I might have accidently said I’m not ready to take care of him.”

They all groaned.

Kris restrained himself from smacking his tall friend in the back of the head.

Lay pinched the bridge of his nose, “Why would you say something like that? Everyone knows that you won’t have to take care of him. If anything, it would be the other way around.”

Chanyeol sighed again, “Well Baek has a tendency to get dependent and I think I might have used that against him. But I just don’t want to move in with him. I like having 2 separate places.”

This time, Kris sighed, “Ok, well we probably shouldn’t be discussing your business out here. Who knows how many eyes and ears are out. Let’s get back to the hotel so you guys can talk it out. We have an extra room in case things don’t work out well between you two.”

Chanyeol nodded, “Alright. Let’s go.”

The rest of the walk was silent as they all thought about Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The relationship seemed perfect and they seemed so in love but maybe it was just a cover.

 

Chanyeol quickly walked to his hotel room, silently praying that Baekhyun was there and not out drinking himself into a coma.

When he opened the door, he let out a breath he didn’t even realize he had been holding.

Baekhyun was sat on the edge of the bed facing the window.

He turned around when Chanyeol closed the door.

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed and Baekhyun’s head titled downward for a split second before his gaze returned to looking out of the window.

Chanyeol quietly made his way over and sat beside his boyfriend.

“I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun looked at him, staring into his eyes. He broke eye contact to look back out of the window, shaking his head, “It doesn’t matter.”

Chanyeol turned towards him, grabbing his arm, “Look Baek, you know I didn’t mean-”

Baekhyun cut him off, “Don’t you dare say you didn’t mean it! That’s what you’ve been thinking ever since we started talking about it.”

Chanyeol sighed, “Ok, fine. So I have a problem with moving in, so what? That’s never stopped us before.”

Baekhyun sighed too, “But, you know that’s not the only problem we have!”

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed again, “What do you mean “that’s not the only problem we have”?!”

Baekhyun looked down, his eyes watering, “I mean we can’t seem to agree on anything and we’re always using as a solution. I’m starting to think this relationship is nothing outside of .”

Chanyeol had been trained to control his emotion and that was the only thing keeping his jaw from hitting the floor. He quickly stood up and walked towards Baekhyun, reaching out to comfort him.

“Baek! You know that’s not the truth! We love each other and you know we do.”

Baekhyun sighed as he looked away, breaking eye contact for the 3rd time since Chanyeol had walked into the room.

Chanyeol’s hands dropped to his side from their previous place on Baekhyun’s shoulders.

Baekhyun was silent as Chanyeol backed away, both their eyes watering.

Baekhyun took in a shuddering breath, seconds away from crying, “Maybe we should take a break, Yeol. Just to make sure our relationship isn’t based off of

Chanyeol turned away from Baekhyun, his shoulders slumping, “OK. If this is what you want. I’ll do anything if it’ll show you how much I love you.”

Baekhyun let the tears stream down his face, not even bothering to wipe his eyes. He looked out of the window as Chanyeol walked around the room, collecting his things and repacking his suitcases.

Baekhyun finally turned around when he heard the door click shut. He sat down on the edge of the bed, not bothering to stop his tears from flowing as he looked down at his lap.

 

Chanyeol carried his 2 suitcases to Lay’s room, stopping at Kris’ door and knocking softly. Lay answered the door with a worried glance but Chanyeol never looked up from the ground.

“May I stay in your room?”

Lay silently nodded and turned around to find the key to the abandoned room. He continued to watch Chanyeol as shuffled to his new room and quietly opened the door. Lay didn’t close his door until Chanyeol shut his own.

Chanyeol placed his suitcases down and just stood still for a minute. He stared at the floor, not able to bring himself to do anything other than let his vision blur. His hands were trembling at his sides in clenched fists.

After taking a few deep breaths, Chanyeol lifted his head. He took one last deep breath, “Ok, Chanyeol. You’ve been without him for 20 years, you can go the rest of your life without him too. You have a mission to focus on.”

And with that, Chanyeol quickly put his things away and walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

 

In Baekhyun’s room, Baekhyun just sat on the edge of the bed, staring out into the darkness through the window. He heard a faint whirring sound, if he hadn’t been holding his breath, he wouldn’t have heard it at all.

When the whirring sound ended, Baekhyun stood up and quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt before slipping under the covers of his bed and staring at the ceiling.

The sheets smelled like Chanyeol.

It was 1:30 AM when Baekhyun heard a soft click. For a minute he thought it was Chanyeol, but then he remembered that Chanyeol didn’t have a roomkey and even if he did, Baekhyun had put the manual deadlock on so there was no way anyone could get in through that door.

 

Someone had closed the bathroom door.

 

A/N: This is short and I honestly don't know why I stopped it right there. This is actually moving a lot slower than I planned so it should speed up, don't ya think? Anywho, thank you guys for still being here even though I'm such a slacker OTL OTL OTL but the good news is I'm fully over the hump in the road of this story! And i've started forcing myself to only get on the internet when I'm uploading so haha that should motivate me to write more! I might update How They Met one day this week but don't expect too much!! 

Much love muchachos <3