Chapter 6

Exoergic

 

Yixing quickly left Wufan’s room and headed back to his own. A date? Wufan was on a date?! This was absurd! They were half a second away from kissing for God’s sake! Wufan was definitely not going on a date! Right?

A part of Yixing deflated. Wufan was on a date. Another part of him laughed bitterly. Well now he knows Wufan wasn’t Kris.

Yixing took a few deep breaths to get his thoughts together and checked his watch. 7:30.

He grabbed his room key, wallet, and phone and headed outside to catch a cab to the restaurant.

The entire time, he couldn’t get his mind off of Wufan. Who was he seeing? Was it his client? Yixing prayed it was but a big part of him knew. Wufan wasn’t gay.

He scolded himself mentally. How could he fall in love with a straight guy? Why couldn’t he see the signs? But they were flirting. Just because he flirted with you doesn’t mean he likes you. Look at him, he could get any girl he wanted!

Yixing forced his feelings away and forced his face into its neutral mask of indifference.

Lay spent the remaining time of the ride, remembering who his client was and why he needed protection. It was a son of some CEO of a gas company. Lay was assigned the father and son duo with Kris but was mainly supposed to keep an eye on the son. He wondered why he had to deal with the son. He was a damn good spy! Were they not taking him serious again? Did he do something wrong again? The last time he’d been demoted to baby-sitting was after he accidently blew up a part of that city.

That wasn’t long after he’d met Wufan. That day he had accidently typed in Wufan’s birthday instead of the 15 minutes into the bomb timer. Luckily, no one died but he remembered having the most uninteresting missions for two whole months. Lay thought back to what he could have done. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to kill that guy yesterday. But that guy was an anti-spy and that was the only way to get away from him. Lay shrugged it off. This was probably just a cover mission so the anti-spies wouldn’t find them. Yeah, that was it. It didn’t matter who he had to protect as long as he wasn’t home.

Lay stepped out of the cab and headed inside the fancy looking restaurant. He checked his watch as he stepped into the private back room that was reserved for the meeting. In 2 minutes, that door will open and his client should walk through that door. Two minutes. Two. 1 minute and 56 seconds.

The door opened 3 seconds early, and Lay almost smirked as he saw 2 men dressed in all black walk in. Following them was a little kid, no older than 7.

So this is my guy. He's adorable! 

An older man walked in after him. Kris must be protecting him.

Two more men in all black walked in and the door shut. Lay, who hadn’t realized his heart was beating faster, struggled to not show his confusion and disappointment.

He introduced himself to the group of males and they all sat down. Lay noticed they left a seat empty next to him. Kris must be on his way. Now I know it’s definitely not Wufan. Wufan is never late.

As soon as Lay finished that thought, the door opened again and everyone stood up.

If Lay wasn’t a pro at hiding his emotions, he would have had to pick his jaw up off the ground. Striding into the room, with an air of arrogance, was Wufan. Lay wanted to squeal and hug him and smack him and kiss him. But he did the mature thing and stuck his hand out with a smile.

“Hello Kris, I’m Lay, nice to meet you. I’m sure we’ll work quite well together.”

 

A/N: Please forgive this little sad excuse of a chapter. I just wanted to see what would happen if I left it at a cliff hanger is that even considered a cliff hanger? How is it so far? Don't worry, from here on out, they'll probably call each other Lay and Kris except for when they actually confront each other. Next chapter will be Wufan's POV. 

Much love, muchachos <3