Chapter 37

Exoergic

 

The next morning, Kris was woken up by a bird that had somehow managed to fly into their window. He tried to stay silent as his shoulders shook with laughter at the poor bird that was laying, probably unconscious, on the window ledge.

Lay squinted up at his boyfriend and asked in a groggy voice, “Are you…laughing?”

Kris looked down at his sleepy-eyed boyfriend, “Maybe.”

Lay closed his eyes, deciding that he really didn’t care about whatever put his usually sourpuss boyfriend in a good mood, especially when he knew how much of a morning person Kris wasn’t. Instead, Lay nuzzled back into Kris’ chest, planning on enjoying his human heater for a little longer.

They lay together for a few minutes in silence until Kris decided to get up. He pried the clingy Lay off his chest and quickly walked into the bathroom to avoid the extra grabby hands his boyfriend used whenever he really wanted to cuddle.

When Kris finished showering, Lay hopped in after him and quickly washed himself so they could head down to breakfast together.

 

Luhan and Sehun slowly walked into the hotel at 9:47AM. Luhan had just so happened to glance to his right and spotted the back of Lay’s head and he took off to the sunroom to curse at the other spy, Sehun hot on his heels.

Lay turned around just as Luhan angrily stepped in front of their table, “I can’t believe you. I never thought you would stoop so low and do something as dirty as switch my maps. How’d you even come up with that? I swear you are the Devil! Do you know how hard it was to get back here?!”

Lay watched him with his usual blank expression before going back to calmly spreading cream cheese on his bagel, “You’re welcome.”

Luhan huffed but before he could begin calling Lay names from his extensive collection of insults, Sehun grabbed his hand and stepped up next to him, “Thank you. I expect Luhan’s maps to be fixed within the next half hour. Good day.”

Kris snorted into his coffee, Sehun was a weirdo. Kris and Lay watched as Sehun wrapped an arm around Luhan’s waist as Luhan tried to hide his slight limp. When the HunHan couple were out of the sunroom, Lay turned back to Kris, “That was interesting.”

Kris raised an eyebrow before biting into his toast, “Sure it was.”

 

Suho and D.O. had woken up and decided that a tickle-fight would be fun. They then spent the next 10 minutes rolling around in the king-sized bed, giggling and wrestling one another into the fluffy white sheets.

Suho finally let D.O pin him and straddle his hips. D.O grinned down at his boyfriend, “Gotcha.”

Suho leered back, “Got something else to.” He rolled his hips up and they both let out soft moans.

D.O playfully smacked his chest, “You’ve been hanging around the others for too long.”

Suho grinned as he shrugged before reaching up and pulled D.O into a hug. “You love it.”

D.O let out a contented sigh as he snuggled into his boyfriend’s chest, “Unfortunately.”

After a few minutes of cuddling-and nagging from D.O- they finally got up and showered so they could –in the words of D.O “properly clean their weapons.”

When they finished their breakfast- ordered to the room courtesy of Suho, they began the long process of weapon-cleaning. 

Suho sat on the bed with his weapons case laid out next to him and he cleaned both his and D.O’s guns while D.O sat at the table and disassembled and cleaned each part of both their sets of discreet weapons. The couple worked in a comfortable silence for the rest of the morning.

 

Baekhyun woke up feeling wonderful. He breathed in and almost wanted to punch himself. This was turning into some horrible cliché movie.

He looked up to see Chanyeol’s nose. Baekhyun wrinkled his own nose when he was hit in the face with a puff of air. He watched the other man for a second before realizing that he was lying on top of Chanyeol, and Chanyeol was lying on his back.

Baekhyun shot out of the bed and grabbed Chanyeol’s arms, “You’re such an idiot!”

Chanyeol let himself be flipped onto his stomach, the minor stinging on his back fading away the longer he stayed on his tummy. He opened an eye to watch Baekhyun flutter around the room as he looked for the antiseptic to clean Chanyeol’s cuts.

As Baekhyun twisted the cap off the antiseptic, he tsk’ed his boyfriend, “I bet you haven’t even been taking good care of your back.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes beneath closed lids, “Kind of had more important things to worry about.”

Baekhyun sighed, “Well it’s over now.”

Chanyeol smiled softly into the pillow, “Thank God, I didn’t think I could pretend anymore. Being mad at you is way harder than I thought.”

Baekhyun hummed in agreement, “I never thought we would actually pull it off, honestly.”

Chanyeol sleepily nodded, “That was single-handedly the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”

Baekhyun smirked slightly as he gently rubbed the sticky, clear cream onto the deep red scars, “Even harder than when you had to be my sidekick that one time?”

Chanyeol snorted, “A thousand times harder.”

Neither saw the other smile softly as Baekhyun gently massed Chanyeol’s back, making sure to get antiseptic on every inch of skin he could see.

 

Luhan and Sehun were quick to shower and hop into bed for a few hours of sleep. Sehun happily letting Luhan cling onto his chest as they both quickly drifted off to sleep.

 

The couples-excluding the sleeping HunHan and the reuniting Baekyeol- spent the day packing all their things back up and preparing for the 18 hour trip to Oregon.

Suho and D.O were leaving a day in advanced to get to Seoul and pick up a few more things they would need for the mission.

Kris and Lay had thought about flying back to China but were pleasantly surprised when they found out they both had secret hideouts in the US. They also will fly out a day ahead of the others but would fly to different states in the US instead of Oregon.

When everything had been packed up, Kris and Lay went out for dinner with Suho and D.O, leaving the remaining 2 couples to refresh and recharge.

 

Sitting at a secluded table in an extremely nice restaurant- that D.O had booked ahead of time- the couples found themselves talking about their futures.

“We definitely don’t have plans to quit in the near future but we can’t be spies for the rest of our lives.” Suho was saying.

D.O. nodded, “Of course, we’ll probably still help with minor things but we’ll leave the fast-paced stuff to the newcomers. We really would love to start our own family.”

Lay nodded, “It sounds like you have it all planned out.”

Kris grabbed Lay’s hand under the table as Suho and D.O shared a loving glance.

“Well, we have been thinking about it for a while.” D.O broke eye contact to smile at the other couple.

Lay couldn’t help but smile. Suho and D.O were such a cute couple, it’s like they walked straight out of a cheesy romance movie, well except for the fact that Suho could take a man’s head off with one bullet from a mile away and D.O could create the nastiest viruses that could kill every government system and all security software ever created on any computer no matter how advanced.

When a waiter finally approached the table of 4, Kris had to hold back the urge to cringe as Suho and D.O shared a menu and pointed out things that the other would like. They were extremely cheesy but he had to admit it was cute.

Kris glanced over and saw Lay smirking at his own menu. They made eye contact and promptly burst into laughter, having imagined what they would like trying to imitate the fluffy Sudo couple. D.O blushed when he realized what they were laughing at while Suho only smiled at the waiter, “I’ll have Danzai Noodles.”

D.O cleared his throat, “I’ll have Yimian.”

Kris looked at Lay, guessing what he would have before looking at the waiter, “I’ll try the A-gei.”

Lay closed his menu, “And I’d like the Shawarma.”

The waiter quickly wrote down each order and took their menus before bowing slightly and scurrying to the kitchen.  

When the waiter was out of their sight, both couples turned to look at each other. Suho leaned over and pulled out 2 manila folders.

As he took the papers out of the folders, Lay asked, “How were the meetings?”

D.O shrugged, “Nothing really went down at mine. He tried to kill me afterwards, though which is weird because there was no point. I didn’t have anything but minor weapons on me.”

Suho nodded, “I had 4 guys but it wasn’t hard. Kris, that’s my mission. Lay, you have D.O’s”

Kris nodded as Suho handed both him and Lay packets. Lay snorted as he read the mission, “Recode all the systems in America with virus codes.”

D.O. chuckled, “That would be near impossible from that rather small facility.”

Lay looked up and raised an eyebrow at D.O.

D.O smirked, “Key word being would.”

Kris closed the packet and passed it back to Suho, “Why do you have to take out Kibum and Henry?”

Suho shrugged, “I think because of their ties with South America and Canada.”

Kris nodded thoughtfully, “That does make sense. If they find out about what any of our missions, they’d definitely be on the first planes out of the states to inform as many other facilities as possible.

They sat in a comfortable silence as Lay continued reading over D.O’s mission. He quietly passed it back when he was done, “Well, that’s dumb.”

D.O nodded as he slipped the papers back into the envelope.

Kris raised an eyebrow, wondering if either one of the tech geniuses would elaborate.

Lay huffed as he turned to look at his boyfriend, “They want D.O to extirpate and then aggrandize an entirely new system of not only anomalies but botched deviations of failed spyware to trick the coordinators into thinking that it’s just a hacking virus.”

Kris’ eyebrow rose higher and Lay smiled softy, “They want him to destroy our spy system and rebuild a new one that is really just a code of a million different viruses and a made up system of some type of spyware so that it looks like our system but is really just a huge bug.”

Kris nodded in understanding, “Why didn’t you say that the first time?”

Lay chuckled as he patted his boyfriend’s hand. They turned to look at Suho and D.O, who seemed to have scooted their chairs closer together.

Kris groaned, “Oh my god. Can you guys get any cheesier?”

Suho and D.O blushed as they looked down at the table.

When the food came, both couples dug in and chatted about simple topics.

After dinner, the couples decided to get icecream on the way back to the hotel. They split up on the way back to talk privately.

 

Kris and Suho headed in a direction away from the hotel to talk about Suho’s assassin mission in the park while Lay and Kyungsoo strolled through a popular shopping strip.

 

Kris’ upper lip curled in disgust, “How can you eat that?”

Suho grinned up at him, “Step 1: scoop the spoon through the icecream. Step 2: open mouth. Step 3-“

Kris playfully shoved his shoulder, “Smartass. I meant how can you eat strawberry icecream with coconut shavings?”

Suho shrugged, “D.O likes it and I guess he turned me onto it.”

Kris nodded, “You 2 could be the same person.”

Suho chuckled, “It’s actually a little scary how much we had in common and how many habits we picked up from each other.”

Kris shrugged and ate a spoonful of his chocolate icecream and they walked a few more steps in silence.

“Do you think we should make Baekhyun and Chanyeol actually do this mission?”

Kris thought about it for a few seconds, “I think they’re expecting them to do it.”

Suho nodded, “Which is why D.O and I went to the meetings…”

Kris nodded and a sly smile broke out on Suho’s face, “You are a smart man Mr. Kris.”

Kris chuckled, “I know Mr. Suho.”

They changed directions and headed back to the hotel, feeling a little bit lighter about the upcoming missions.

 

Lay and D.O were strolling through a somewhat crowded street full of little shops and cafes, enjoying their cups of icecream.

“I wonder what they had to talk about.”

D.O sighed, “I bet it’s something they’re just now figuring out.”

Lay laughed, “I’m not taking that bet.”

They walked in silence for a while until Lay saw a children’s clothing store. Lay hadn’t even realized he’d stopped walking until D.O gave his shoulder a nudge.

Lay turned to look at him, “Oh. Sorry, I didn’t even realize I stopped.”

D.O smiled and looked into the store, “Cute.”

Lay sighed as his eyes looked at all the racks of clothing. He chuckled sadly, “I shouldn’t even be thinking about this. I mean we just got together for god’s sake!”

D.O turned to smile at him, “It doesn’t mean you guys can’t at least talk about it. I actually think talking about it would help.”

Lay nodded and they began walking again, heading back for the hotel. 

 

A/N: im sorry guys, when i said update i meant write more. if i trolled any of you i really didnt mean to. anyway, i hope you guys like this. next chapter will be baekyeol and hunhan. this is actually about 3 chapters from an ending then sequel (yay!) 

much love muchachos <3