Chapter 36

Exoergic

 

A hooded figure slipped into a closed down car garage and made their way to the back of the large place, looking for a door that would lead to a secret room. Once he found the door, he quietly slipped through and down the narrow flight of stairs only to turn up at another door that looked suspiciously like a door that an old-school detective would have.

The figure quietly walked into the room and found a place to lean against the wall, close to the door in case of any shady business.

Around the room, all either standing or leaning against random pieces of furniture, were about 15 men. The newcomer quickly scanned the room, noting that there were 12 men standing around the room and 1 older gentleman was sitting in the large armchair.

The hooded newcomer mentally snorted, it felt like some sort of cliché mob meeting from an old 50s gang movie.

The old man looked around the room, smiling softly as he took in the faces of new men who just so happened to learn about the organization.

He cleared his throat before standing up, “Looks like everyone’s here.”

His eyes shooting to the side to glance at the still-hooded figure, before scanning the room again.

“Since most of you are new, consider this to be an interest meeting.”

A few men chuckled but the hooded figure just crossed his arms and leaned back against the wall.

“You are all here because you have shown interest in taking down SM, the top international private intelligence organization in the world. I don’t know nor do I care about your reasons but I do know that any mission you are given, you will execute it perfectly. There is no room for amateurs or ups.”

The man paused to let that little bit of information sink in. He took another breath before starting again.

“The missions will vary depending on skill levels and individuals. Nobody is to know of any of your missions, past or future. I was informed that a few of you will need further training before being assigned a mission so you may receive information about your training. The overall goal of this organization is to not only bring down SM but to stomp them out and leave them with no way to rebuild. We will leave nothing to salvage or reconstruct. Once we get them out of the way, which might take a little longer than planned, then we will be able to emerge as the top agency and the best organization.”

Once the man finished his speech, he sat back down and began sorting through packets and folders, “Now I know this may seem juvenile but when I call your name, or the name you gave your recruiter, come get your packets and get lost.”

More chuckles were heard from around the room and the man began calling out names.

Everyone’s alias was called except the hooded figure’s. The man looked up, locking eyes with the last man in the room, motioning for him to sit in the chair opposite the desk.

When the figure was seated, the man watched him for a second before speaking, “I didn’t think they’d send anybody.”

The hooded figure shrugged as he leaned back in the seat.

The man also leaned back in his seat, his right leg casually crossing over his left and his hands clasping and resting on his right knee, “So, what actually brings you here? Are you really interested in bringing them down?”

The hooded figure shrugged one shoulder, finally speaking, “Guess you’ll have to figure that out if I complete my mission.”

The man’s head fell backwards as he gave a short laugh. He looked back at the figure, nodding, “What makes you think, you’re not going to be given training?”

It was the figure’s turn to laugh this time, “We all know I’m the best you have now.”

The man would have laughed, if it weren’t true.

They sat silently, judging each other. Finally, the man cleared his throat and leaned forward, uncrossing his legs and resting both elbows on the desk, “What are you planning?”

The figure stayed quiet, lips quirking just slightly, “What makes you think I have ulterior motives?”

The man snorted, “Every single person in this little organization has hidden goals.”

The figure shrugged and examined his nails, “So what did you need to keep me here for?”

The man huffed and tossed a thick manila envelope onto the edge of the desk before standing up and walking around to lean against the side of the desk.

The figure snatched the envelope and pulled out its contents, reading over everything at a leisurely pace. When he finished, he slipped everything back in the envelope and looked up at the man.

“That’s it?”

The man nodded and the figure stood up. He watched the figure turn and stroll across the room.

Before the figure could open the door, the man called to him, “Wait!”

When the figure turned around, he ducked the knife flying towards him and pulled out his gun, shooting the man 3 times in the chest before calmly walking out of the room and softly closing the door behind him.

 

 

On the other side of town, the other shadowy figure was making his way to a closed down restaurant. He strolled in through the front door and headed to the kitchen, his hands gliding across the white floor-length tablecloths on each table.

When he reached the kitchen, he pushed the broken door and walked in, making himself comfortable on the wall nearest to the door.

There were about 20 men in the room, all of them looking around nervously. They all eyed the newcomer before turning to the back door where a large man was coming in. The man looked to be about 350 pounds and 185 cm with a bald head covered in tattoos. He looked around and grunted before continuing to the center of the room.

Behind the man was a thin teenager who seemed to be the man’s assistant. The boy was holding an armful of papers and glancing around nervously as well.

Once the man had gotten to the center of the room, he locked eyes with the other newcomer and spoke in a gruff voice, “Didn’t think you’d show.”

The figure by the door shrugged, as if he wasn’t being stared down at by a man easily twice his size. The man huffed before turning to the boy and gesturing for the boy to back up against the wall. The boy nodded and backed up until his back hit the wall, eyes still bouncing around the room, often landing on the brave man who didn’t seem to respect his boss.

The big man looked around once more, “You’ll all be getting some papers that’ll tell you whether you have a mission or training. Seems like most of you need more training. Nobody is to know what you’ve been assigned so don’t go telling anybody. As of right now, the only goal of our little group is to infiltrate and find as much information as we can. In the next few weeks however, things will be changing.”

The man looked back at the figure by the door, who was watching him with cold, calculating eyes, “I don’t have anything special to tell you all so just go to Keb over there and tell him your names. He’ll give you all the things you need.”

With that the large man walked back to the back door and let himself out. Everyone filed into a line to tell the kid their names, all the men quickly scurrying out with their packets clutched tightly to their chests.

The last person to arrive finally walked over to the boy, whose eyes grew wide. With trembling hands, the boy handed the man his envelope before bowing and dashing for the back door.

The figure snorted as he opened the envelope and read everything over. He rolled his eyes, that was it? What a boring mission.

He walked back out to the dining area but was stopped before he could get halfway to the front door.

There were 4 men stationed around the semi-large room, each with a gun pointed at the figure.

The man set his envelope down on the nearest table before raising his hands above his head. For a moment, nobody moved.

The figure moved his hands to hold the back of his head and the 4 men cocked their guns.

Instead of the man’s hands actually stopping and resting on his head, they reach further back, reaching for the 2 guns positioned in holders on his back. He quickly grabbed the 2 guns and shot 2 of the men.

One man went down, having been shot in the neck but the other wounded man jumped to the side and began shooting.

The figure quickly ducked down and crawled under a table. The 3 men continued shooting for a few seconds before stopping to reload.

The figure popped out from under a different table on the other side of the restaurant, shooting one of the men in the face. He disappeared again a millisecond before bullets began flying again.

One of the remaining 2 gunmen shouted, “Where’d he go?!”

They both stopped shooting and looked around. The figure took this chance to pop up again, in another different spot, and took out the man closest to the door. He disappeared again and the last gunman began shooting again, this time aiming at the table-tops.

When the gunman ran out of bullets, his arms fell, the large weapon in his hand hanging by his side. He panted as he looked around, satisfied.

Someone tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to face the figure. The figure quickly put his gun to the man’s chest and pulled the trigger. The man fell to his knees, eyes still on the figure, before slumping to his side.

The figure went back to grab the envelope before making his way out of the restaurant and back to the hotel.

 

Baekhyun stepped out of the shower, examining a bruise on his upper arm curiously. He quickly dried off and slipped into a pair of boxers before diving into the big warm bed. He sighed contently before rolling over to turn off the light.

A few minutes after Baekhyun had settled himself in bed, there was a soft knock on the door. He cursed quietly to himself before hopping out of bed and scampering to the door. He opened the door to see a very drunk Chanyeol leaning quite heavily on the doorframe. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, “What did you do?”

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders as well as he could, “Might’ve had a few bottles.”

Baekhyun sighed before opening the door further and helping Chanyeol inside.

Chanyeol dropped himself face-first on the bed and rolled around, taking deep breaths of Baekhyun’s scent.

Baekhyun watched him, masking his amusement with annoyance.

“What did you do?”

Chanyeol stopped rolling around to look at Baekhyun, “I missed you.”

Baekhyun stayed where he was a few feet from the bed, his arms crossed and an irritated expression on his usually cheery face. Chanyeol crooked a finger, “C’mere, Baekkie. I know you missed me.”

Baekhyun sighed before walking forward. Chanyeol beamed at him until he realized that Baekhyun was just going to tuck him in and leave.

As Baekhyun reached for the comforter, his arms were grabbed and he was pulled into a lean chest. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s frame and fell backwards, his eyes closing sleepily.

Baekhyun struggled to break free but a drunk Chanyeol was the world’s strongest man and Baekhyun kind of didn’t want to leave the hug.

Chanyeol’s large hand began petting Baekhyun’s hair as he mumbled in his sleep.

“Mine….Baek….Beautiful…Love….”

Baekhyun silently cried himself to sleep in the arms of the love of his life.

 

Suho showered when he reached the hotel and made himself comfortable at the little table with D.O’s laptop as he waited for his lover to return. D.O climbed through the bedroom window an hour after Suho sat down. He quickly ran over to Suho and kissed him hard on the mouth.

Suho laughed as he pushed his lover towards the bathroom, “Take a shower first, you reek of gunpowder.”

D.O pouted as he was herded into the bathroom but he happily obliged once he got a glance of himself in the mirror.

When he was done with his shower, Kyungsoo emerged from the bathroom, a wide grin threatening to split his face wide open. He ran over to Joonmyun, who had moved to the bed, and jumped on him.

They both giggled as they rolled around, tickling each other. When they had finally calmed down, Joonmyun wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and pulled him close, “How was it?”

Kyungsoo squirmed around and looked at Joonmyun, “It was fun! It’s been so long since I’ve done something like that! Most of it wasn’t really fun, though. It was somewhat like a beginner’s thing. I think I had more fun getting there than I had there.

Joonmyun chuckled and shook his head, “I understand, in the beginning of mine, I just stood there and waited but the exciting part came after.

Kyungsoo nodded before turning back over and scooting backwards until his back rested against Joonmyun’s chest. Joonmyun’s hand automatically wrapped around his waist again.

Kyungsoo sighed happily, “Tonight has been fun.”

Joonmyun made a noise of agreement, his arm tightening around Kyungsoo’s waist, “It has. But next time I prefer if we stay together.”Kyungsoo nodded and they both drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

 

Kris, Lay, Sehun, and Luhan began a race back to the hotel, Kris and Lay v. Sehun and Luhan. Each couple would take a different way back and the first couple to get into the other couple’s room won.

Lay and Kris were making pretty good time and were close to the hotel when Lay got a brilliant idea. He pulled out his tablet and began doing something as he and Kris climbed the fire escape of a building and began jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

3 buildings later, Lay slipped his tablet back into its holder with a grin on his face. Kris glanced at him as they climbed back down a building only a half a block away from the hotel, “What’d you do?”

Lay’s grin got wider, “Switched Luhan’s map.”

Kris chuckled, “With what?”

Lay smirked, “A map of North Korea.”

Kris laughed as they ran to the front door of the hotel. They both strolled into the empty lobby, smiling at the young woman behind the counter.

When they got to the fifth floor, Lay let them into Hunhan’s room and recorded a video of them exploring the room. He sent it to Luhan before they made their way back to Kris’ room.

After they both showered and were cuddled together in the warm, fluffy bed, Lay’s phone rang.

He put the call on speaker and snuggled back into Kris’ embrace.

Luhan exploded, “OF COURSE YOU’D SWITCH MY MAPS! YOU ARE SUCH A CRUEL MAN I SWEAR WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, I WILL END YOU! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT, HOW EVIL ARE YOU?! KRIS IS SUCH A HORRIBLE INFLUENCE ON YOU!”

Luhan’s rant was interrupted as Sehun grabbed the phone, “Well, the only good thing that came out of this is the insane amount of , Luhan and I are about to have in every place we like.”

Luhan’s spluttering was cut off as Sehun ended the call.

Lay tossed his phone back on the side table and turned around to hug Kris.

“Am I a bad person?

Kris laughed, “No, you’re just a little too mean and greedy and competitive and cruel.”

Lay snorted, his head resting against Kris’ chest, their arms wrapped around each other. 2 minutes later they both had fallen asleep.

 

A/N: GUESS WHO'S BAAAAAACCCKKKKK! I'm so glad to have my computer back! I have so much planned for you guys *evil smirk* 

So everything was deleted from my computer. and when i say everything i mean e v e r y t h i n g and i never backed anything up because i couldn't even get into my computer to access anything. i have never been so pissed in my whole life. like all my songs and pictures and stories and stuff is gone forever. and i have an iPhone so I can't just like hook it up the computer because if i re-sync it, then it'll delete everything from the phone and replace it with the stuff on the computer which is nothing. guys i'm ready to just kill someone. i'm ranting and i really should stop depending on my computer so much it i dont care. 

On a happier note, this is like 2700 words so it's longer than my usual posts. I actually still feel like because i lost so much stuff. But whatever, guess i just gotta start over. anywho comment and tell me what you think. there's a surprise in here for you >:)

-Much love muchachos <3