Chapter 26

Exoergic

Kris’ question went unanswered as the group continued their way back to the hotel.

Lay was beaming as they walked past little shops and cafes, swinging his and Kris’ intertwined hands. Kris decided to push his questions to the back of his mind for now and just enjoy the time with his friends.

As they walked through the hotel lobby, Lay eyed a group of women sitting around on some couches, chattering happily.

His eyes narrowed, one of those women looked familiar.

Lay shook his head and continued swinging their hands as they walked to the elevator.

On the elevator, Baekhyun tapped D.O. and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

“Those ladies…”

D.O. nodded and eyed the right corner of the ceiling. Baekhyun followed his line of sight and stood up straight, facing forward again.

The couples walked back to their rooms but Lay, Luhan, D.O., and Baekhyun slammed the doors behind them, locking their husbands out of the room.

Suho just stared at the door with wide eyes. What in the hell was going on?

Lay’s door flung open first and he walked out of his room with an armful of black boxes.

He dumped them in the middle of the hallway before heading to Kris’ room and slamming the door. Luhan walked out next and dumped an even larger armful of electronics on top of Lay’s. D.O. and Baekhyun walked out at the same time, carrying large armfuls of more random electronics.

None of their boyfriends asked any questions or made any comments. Finally Lay walked out of Kris’ room with another armful and added it to the large pile on the floor.

Sehun was the first one to speak, “What’s all this?”

Luhan smiled as he pressed a kiss to the corner of Sehun’s mouth, “Just a couple things…”

Sehun stepped towards the large pile but Luhan grabbed his hand and yanked him backwards.

“I see I’m going to have to tire that curiosity out of you.”

Before anyone could respond, a grinning Luhan had pulled a confused Sehun into their room and slammed their door again.

The remaining 3 couples looked at each other and decided to not wonder what was about to go down behind that door.

Kris kissed Lay on the top of the head before walking into Lay’s room and closing the door.

Lay made himself comfortable next to the large pile of electronics, preparing to play with his new toys.

Chanyeol followed Kris’ actions and pecked Baekhyun on the cheek before walking into Lay’s room to annoy Kris.

Suho gave D.O a long kiss- to the amusement of Baekhyun and Lay- and walked into his room, probably to clean his guns. D.O sighed dreamily as he sat on the floor and picked up a black box.

 

Kris laid down across Lay’s bed and Chanyeol mimicked him, both their sets of limbs hanging over each side of the bed.

“So how have things been going man?”

Chanyeol turned over onto his back to stare up at the ceiling, pondering Kris’ question.

He sighed, “It’s going great, man. I already know he’s the one. We were in Puerto Rico the mission before last and it was like a honeymoon.”

Kris listened with a small smile as Chanyeol described his and Baekhyun’s time in Puerto Rico.

It was easy to see that Baekhyun and Chanyeol are a match made in Heaven because they never seemed to stop talking about each other. Whenever Baekhyun was mentioned, Chanyeol would adopt such a lovesick expression on his face and drift off into his daydreams, sighing happily.

Kris remembered the first time Chanyeol and Baekhyun met. The 2 were sent to Africa on 2 separate missions but they ended up collaborating.

A/N: This is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy late and I'm so sorry guys. I'm just having a few personal problems and the fact that i'm neglecting the fic acutally makes me hate myself more. (sidenote: the problems with writing a multi-chaptered fic is getting other fic ideas and losing motivation for the story) anyway, i'm really trying to not and actually write but... Anyway, I hope you like it! I'm writing the next chapter as we speak!

Much love muchachos <3