Chapter 28

Exoergic

 

There was a loud crash from Suho’s room and the other 2 doors swung open. The 7 men quickly made their way to see what that noise was.

D.O quickly opened the door and they walked in to see Suho standing by the window, talking in a calm yet angry tone.

“Who sent you?”

“A new era is here! We will destroy you!”

Suho sighed and loosed his grip on the man’s shirt, letting him slide down a few more inches.

“Are you going to say anything else?”

The man continued hollering and shouting profanities, proclaiming his allegiance to his superiors. Suho rolled his eyes and removed one hand from the man’s shirt, using it to punch him in the jaw.

“Talk. Now. Or I drop you.”

The other 7 men in the room just stayed silent, slipping their weapons back into hiding spots in their clothes. Lay and Luhan walked back out to the hallway, growing bored of Suho beating up a guy. Baekhyun followed them a few seconds later.

Sehun growled and stomped over to Suho, placing his hands next to Suho’s on the man’s clothing and hoisting him back up into the room.

Sehun threw the man on the ground and kicked him in the balls.

He continued kicking and punching the man until he finally said something.

“Bases… in China… and America… large company… one purpose… kill special agents.”

The room was quiet save for the man’s labored breathing which sounded like he had blood in his lungs.

Suho kneeled down next to the man, “Is there anything else?”

The man gasped out, “Recruiting people…who hate… you…”

As Suho and Sehun continued pulling information out of their victim, Lay, Luhan, and Baekhyun were finishing up with the devices in the hallway.

Since the guys weren’t done in the room, Lay and Baekhyun began placing the devices in hidden spots around the hotel and surrounding area.

The dying man in Suho’s room was finally done giving up his secrets and managed one request.

“Now that I’ve told…. Can you… Please kill… Me.”

It made since. He was either going to drown in his own blood which could take a few more hours or he could make it out alive just to be hunted down by his own organization.

Sehun nodded and pulled out his knife, quickly sliding it over the man’s neck, ending his pain.

 

Kris, Chanyeol, and Suho went to dispose of the body while D.O and Sehun stayed behind to get the blood stains out of the carpet. When the group was finished physically erasing the fight, they went to Lay’s room to talk about the new information.

When Lay, Baekhyun, and Luhan got back from doing who-knows-what, they went to Lay’s room and got caught up on the recent happenings.

Soon the couples broke off and went to their separate rooms, everyone ready for sleep to finish their eventful day.

As Kris and Lay walked into Kris’ room, they talked while Lay checked the room again for any suspicious devices.

“So I was thinking if we were to ever find out about who’s in charge of this anti-spy deal, we should try to strike up a deal. Since clearly, they’re at an advantage and seem to be eliminating our ranks.”

Lay froze, his hand hanging in the air, inches away from the ceiling in the corner. He turned around angrily in the chair he was standing on.

“Are you crazy?! You must be out of your mind! Do you remember why the organization was started in the first place?! Do you remember why you joined- why you were accepted?! We have morals. All of us. This is the enemy, Kris! We were trained to always stop the enemy. Or have you forgotten?!”

Kris sighed and rubbed a large hand across his face, “Look, Lay. I know why I became an agent, okay? I’m just saying, I’m not going to let that be the deciding factor of my life. If you haven’t noticed, these guys are no joke. This is a life-and-death situation!”

Lay sighed too as he climbed down from the chair and walked over to sit next to Kris.

“I know and I get that. But there’s got to be a way to bring them down. Maybe we could go to Youngmin and figure something out. I just can’t give up on this agency. And I’m not going to just give into the enemy.”