Chapter 6

Unbreakable

*Daehyun's POV*

I eventually came back to my room, quietly unlocking and opening the door before entering. It was quiet which meant that the Jongup kid was sleeping. I sighed and closed the door behind me, walking towards my bed.

I sat down on my bed and stared at the bed next to mine, staring at the kid's sleeping face.
Why was he still here? If it were other people, they would have begged to have their rooms changed already, they wouldn't even last a whole day sharing a room with me. But this kid... what on earth was he?

Jongup mumbled something about how he wanted a burger before he changed his sleeping position. I couldn't help but to chuckle. It was..... cute of him.

My eyes suddenly rounded when I realized what I had just said in my mind, hoping Youngjae was asleep. I hit my head a few times to get the thought out and sighed changing my gaze from the sleeping boy to the window that was half open.

I started thinking about what Himchan hyung said... Good kid... Don't hurt him... I sighed and lied down on my back on the bed and closed my eyes.

'Whatever. Just... whatever.' was the last thing I thought before I fell asleep.

*End of POV*

 

Jongup woke up rather early the next day and he smiled seeing Daehyun back in his bed. Jongup knew that if it were normal people, they'd hate Daehyun but for Jongup, he just couldn't hate him. Of course Daehyun has done some.. terrible things to him but it wasn't on purpose... right?

Jongup stood up, walking his way towards the bathroom before he stopped, walking back. He stared at Daehyun, most specifically Daehyun's hand with scars, bruises and what looked like dried blood. 

Jongup sighed "This hyung.. he needs to control his anger problems.."

Jongup was about to reach out to observe Daehyun's hand closer but froze when Daehyun started moving. As soon as Daehyun opened his eyes, Jongup made himself invisible, trying not to make any sounds as he slowly backed away.

Daehyun groaned as he sat up wondering why the pain suddenly decided to come in today when he hit his hand yesterday. Daehyun wished he could somehow get rid of pains just like how he can actually bring in the pain.

Daehyun stared into a blank space and Jongup froze once more as they made eye contact even though Jongup was sure Daehyun couldn't see him.

"... What are you doing" Daehyun asked and Jongup blinked. How did he know?

Jongup made himself visible immediately and gave Daehyun an awkward laugh "Um.. Good morning hyung!"

Daehyun's left eye twitched and Jongup's smile dropped.

Daehyun turned away and got out of bed, stretching himself "Whatever"

"Hyung.. your hand..." Jongup mentioned, worried.

Daehyun stopped and looked at him, hating him for reminding him of the pain again and glared "It's none of your business". Daehyun then grabbed his clothes and made his way to the bathroom.

Jongup was only upset for a second as soon he realized that he was late for his very first class, which was history.

"D-Daehy--" Jongup wanted to knock on the door and ask for Daehyun to hurry but he was scared. He decided to take his stuff and run to Himchan's room instead.

 

"We're in the same class hyung~" Zelo said as he grinned at Jongup, sitting next to him.

Jongup smiled, glad that there was at least someone he knew in his class.

"Zelo... why are you a grade up?" Jongup asked, confused.

Zelo shrugged and answered "I'm not sure myself actually. It's not like I'm good at any of my classes and I'm terrible at controlling my ability..."

Jongup just blinked and nodded in response as the teacher walked in.

"Good morning class, today we are going to............................." the Mr Kim talked on and on and on.

Jongup listened as random words came into his head like 'first person', 'ability' or 'ancestors'.

The class was basically about the history of abilities, those who had it first and blah blah blah. Jongup didn't want to admit but he was bored. Oh so terribly bored.

He turned his head to his left and saw Zelo, half asleep. As mature as he found Zelo, he guessed that no one can stand boring history lessons.

Zelo's eyes suddenly opened and looked at Jongup, his eyes sparkling.

"Hyung, wanna see something fun?" he asked and Jongup nodded as if he was starving for some fun.

Zelo cheekily grinned and sat still for a few minutes, Jongup tilted his head wondering what was going on in the younger's head.

"Just wait" Zelo grinned.

Just then the door opened and a souless figure stood.

Jongup blinked wondering who it was. The figure then started to move and Jongup looked at Zelo.

"I've been trying to get that lady back alive for ages! Looks like I succeeded~"

"Choi Junhong" A serious voice came from Mr Kim and Zelo, startled, looked up "Y-Yes sir!"

The souless lady then fell down to the floor as if life has been taken away.

"What was that?" Mr Kim questioned.

"... homework... from control class.." Zelo answered and the teacher sighed.

"What did I tell you about trying to bring in the dead in my class?"

"Do you really want me to repeat what you said?" Zelo asked, almost with teary eyes.

"... There better not be a next time Junhong. Please take... that body back into control class. Class is dismissed" Mr Kim said before he walked out.

Zelo sighed in relief and stared at the corpse in front of him. "Erm.."

"What's wrong Zelo?" Jongup asked, worried.

"I can't.. I'm scared of dead bodies... and I don't think I can bring her back alive to make herself go back to control class..." Zelo quietly said.

Jongup stood there dumbfounded. He didn't know what to do either... he wasn't too used to dead body as well.

"Then who usually puts it back where it belongs?" Jongup asked.

"Daehyun hyung. He's not scared of anything" Zelo shrugged before stepping back from the corpse.

"Hyung I'm so sorry but can you please put it back? I'm really late for my next class and you have a free, thank you hyung!" Zelo waved and rushed out of the class leaving Jungup alone with the dead body.

Jongup kept staring and freaked out when he thought it slightly moved.

 

Jongup mentally cried as he piggy backed the corpse to the control class.

"Did you kill someone" Jongup heard a voice, he knew who it was and he was really glad it was him.