Fleeing Love

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You no longer have to work here.”

Hyukjae’s jaw dropped. He looked at Sungmin who was standing at the counter, trying to register what he had said just now. Did he hear it wrong? Or was it Sungmin who was playing around and it was actually just a stupid joke? “H-hyung…what did you say just now?”

“You heard me. You don’t have to work here anymore.”

“Am I fired? Did Uncle Jaesuk fire me because I’m not good enough and I-“

“Good grief, Lee Hyukjae,” Sungmin said, rolling his eyes at the blonde, “Who the hell said anything about you getting fired? I said you don’t have to work anymore.”

“But why? I’ve been working here for two years!”

“Why don’t you ask your boyfriend? He called me last night and told me you won’t be working anymore. He’s taking you with him.”

“He what?!” Hyukjae’s eyes almost popped out hearing the latter’s explanation, and he really felt like killing someone right now.

So Lee Donghae was behind all of this. And here he thought he could finally live in peace since their complicated relationship was getting better lately. But he turned out wrong.

“Oh, there he is. Looks like he came here to pick you up, Hyuk-ah,” Sungmin said with a grin on his face, while pointing at the bookshop entrance.

When Hyukjae turned around, he could see Donghae walking towards him with his dazzling smile, and some of the customers turned to look at him in awe. Hyukjae sighed. This was the thing that he hated the most. But ever since the day Donghae stood up for him and confronted his father, he couldn’t bring himself to scold the latter. He felt indebted to him, because no one had ever done that for him before.

“I’m here to fetch my soon to be fiancé,” Donghae said coolly, as if it was the most normal thing to say ever.

“Sorry, you got the wrong person,” Hyukjae quickly said and left the counter, walking towards one of the shelves and began arranging the books .

“Hey, is that the way to talk to someone who stood up for you?”

Hyukjae looked at the latter, annoyed when he saw a playful smirk plastered on his lips. Donghae was never serious, and he hated it. He wondered if the latter really wanted to help him that day, or it was only because he wanted to use it as a ‘weapon’ to make him obey his every word. He’d never want to doubt other people’s kindness, but he could never understand what Donghae had in his mind.

He was always…unpredictable.

“I’m going to Jeju Island for a few days. I have something to do,” Donghae said as he leaned his back against the shelf, facing the blonde, “And I want you to come with me.”

“What?” Hyukjae knitted his eyebrows, confused. “Why do I have to go with you?”

“Well, I’m lazy to move around once I get there and I need someone who can cook for me. And you, are the most perfect candidate for this.”

“You devil.”

“Yes, I am a devil. I’m glad you know that.”

“I’m not going, so find someone else who’s stupid enough to come with you,” Hyukjae said without looking at the latter, and continued to work on arranging the books.

“Are you sure you’re not going to regret this?”

“The only thing I’d regret doing is to follow you, you devil. Now leave, I’m working and I’ll never, never ever quit my job. Keep that in mind.”

“I’ve warned you, blondie.”

Before Hyukjae could even try to understand what the latter was saying, Donghae had already lifted him up and casually slung him over his shoulder, causing him to scream in shock. With a wide smile on his face, Donghae calmly made his way towards the entrance, ignoring the looks people were giving them. He waved his hand at the wide eyed Sungmin who could only watch them from the counter, before walking out of the bookshop.

“Lee Donghae! Put me down you idiot, put me down or I’ll kill you!” Hyukjae was screaming and kicking to get away, but Donghae didn’t even budge.

With only one hand holding the blonde, he walked towards his ‘sparkling’ Lamborghini across the road. “The weather is nice today,” Donghae said, grinning while the blonde kept on cursing and hitting him.

“Lee Donghae! I hate you! Just put me down!”

“You’re coming with me no matter what, I don’t want to die out of hunger when I’m in Jeju.”

Hyukjae bit his lip, trying to hold himself back from killing Donghae. He clenched his eyes shut, feeling embarrassed when he realized people were watching their ‘little drama.’ And some were even taking pictures of them. He just wanted to die right now, rather than having to face this humiliating situation.

“There are pigs in Jeju, just so you know,” Donghae said as he shoved the blonde into the car, before getting into the driver’s seat.

“And why would I care about the pigs?” Hyukjae asked, half yelling at the latter.

“I just thought you might want to keep one as a pet.”

“Lee Donghae!”

Donghae chuckled. Teasing the blonde was always fun, and he knew he would never die of boredom in Jeju. “Don’t worry, I’ll choose the cutest pig for you. You’ll love it,” he joked.

“I can never understand why I’m still able to talk to you when you’re clearly an ,” Hyukjae said, shaking his head lightly.

“Hey, that’s not the right thing to say to someone who helped you.”

“Right, my deepest apologize, Master Donghae,” Hyukjae said sarcastically, earning a chuckle from the latter.

“That sounds better,” Donghae grinned. “And by the way, we’re going to the airport right now.”

“What?!”

_________________

 

 

“Lee Donghae,” Hyukjae crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes glaring at Donghae who was too busy looking for something in his bag. “Do you mind telling me why we’re sharing a room?”

Instead of answering, Donghae just pointed his index finger at a packet of ramyun they had bought earlier, and Hyukjae could only sigh in frustration. It had been only two hours since they arrived at this hotel, but he was already dead tired; a result of bickering too much with a certain devil.

He wanted to smack Donghae’s head so badly and straighten his ‘wicked’ mind, but he had to endure for now. After all, Donghae was the one who had helped him and no matter how annoyed he’d be, he still had to control himself. His mother always taught him to be thankful towards those who help them. And so, he had to bear with this for a while.

“It’s too much of a hassle if you’re staying in a different room. You might run away and no one will cook for me then,” Donghae said. “And it’s not like I’m gonna do anything to you, blondie. Rest assured.”

“I’ve never felt at ease whenever I’m with you,” Hyukjae retorted, and he got even more annoyed when the latter laughed at his words.

“Whatever, blondie. I need to go now, I have work to do.”

“What kind of work?”

“I don’t think that’s for you to know.”

Hyukjae frowned. He knew he had no right to know about the latter’s personal life. It wasn’t like they were really dating, they ended up as lovers just because of a stupid contract. But somehow he felt slightly disappointed to know that he wasn’t considered as someone whom the latter could trust, someone whom he could call friend.

But of course, what cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter