Believe

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I can see it.”

Donghae lifted his head up, his piercing silver eyes landed on an old man smoking a tobacco pipe, sitting not too far from him. He was an infamous devil in Eosforos, one of the oldest who had seen almost everything throughout his life. The fact that he even bothered to step into the human world must mean that he had sensed what was going on at the moment. But he was too tired to curse at him for following him here.

“Dion,” Donghae called, motioning the old man to come closer.

He intently watched every step Dion would take towards him, and when he finally stopped, he looked up, staring at the wrinkled face in front of him. Also known as the ‘information dealer’ in his world, Dion was the kind of devil who knew every single thing happening around him, the one who’d gladly tell anything to someone who’d pay him with something valuable.

“I can see what’s happening to you,” Dion said, leaning forward to take a look at Donghae’s face. “You’re having a hard time controlling your own power.”

“What news do you have for me?” Donghae asked, purposely avoiding the topic. He didn’t need to be told something that he knew better himself. He just wanted to get all this over with, to reach the goal he had been aiming for.

“There will be full moon soon,” Dion said. “The door to the king’s dwelling place is slowly opening.”

Donghae smirked. This was the thing that he had been waiting to hear so badly. Once in a month, the full moon could be seen in the dark sky, and that was when the devil king would step down his throne, to let his pitch dark place get brightened up by the moonlight. This would be the only chance he had.

“It’s too obvious,” Dion pointed his tobacco pipe at the latter, his lips twitching, as if he was smiling. “That human of yours must be something precious. You didn’t even tell him the truth about the contract made between you two.”

“You can leave now, Dion.”

“How does it feel? Going to the Dark Abyss by yourself must be so painful.”

“Stop meddling with my business. I’ll do what I want to do.”

“Have you lost to a mere human?” Dion continued, despite noticing how Donghae’s eyes slowly darkened at his words. “You have feelings for him. That is exactly why you’re planning to kill the king, so that he won’t have to suffer the pain when you devour his-“

Before he could finish, Donghae had already lunged forward and grabbed the old man by his neck, tightening his grip as he slammed Dion to the wall. Dion didn’t struggle, knowing that he would end up getting killed if he were to fight back. He knew Donghae too well. The young noble lord was a gruesome devil, who’d show no mercy to his enemies.

“Speak another word and I’ll crush you to pieces,” Donghae threatened, his silver eyes glowing in anger. Scoffing, he then loosened his grip when Dion finally nodded in so much difficulty. He went back to sit on the couch, his eyes never left the old man who was still having a hard time to breathe.

“Don’t you feel it?” Dion asked.

Donghae frowned. “Feel what?”

“You’re distracted. Try to feel that human’s presence.”

Donghae had no clue what the old man was talking about, but he did as he was told, concentrating on finding Hyukjae. And when he finally did, he slowly realized what Dion was trying to tell him. There was something strange about Hyukjae. Something must’ve happened to him.

“You might need to find him as soon as you can,” Dion continued, “Or you’ll lose the one you treasure the most.”

Before Donghae could ask for the answers to his question, Dion had already turned into dust and disappeared from his sight. He sat still for a moment, trying to figure out the meaning behind those words. Did something happen to Hyukjae?

He felt something weird when he was trying to search for the blonde earlier. It was as if his presence had weakened for some odd reason. He then quickly grabbed his phone, dialing Kris’ number in a hurry. It took only a few seconds until the call was answered, and Kris’ lazy voice could be heard on the other side.

“Yes, Lord Donghae?”

“Where are you?”

“At the club. Is something wrong?”

“I need you to check on Hyukjae’s whereabouts. I’m going to his house, so keep an eye on him until I get there.”

“What’s this? Are you guys having a lover’s quarrel or something?”

“Just do as I told you,” Donghae said in a stern voice. He was slowly losing his patience, and the teasing tone in Kris’ voice really made him feel like kicking him in his .

He ended the call before Kris could say something, and grabbed his jacket before heading to the front door. He glanced at a mirror on the wall right before he went out, his hands balled up into fists the moment he saw his own reflection. It wasn’t his usual self. He was starting to see his true form that he hated so much.

“Damn it,” he cursed, letting out an exasperated sigh as he stepped outside.

______________________________

 

 

As soon as he arrived at Hyukjae’s house, Donghae found himself hesitating to face the blonde. He didn’t feel really good about this. But Kris had just informed him that Hyukjae was currently alone at home, which meant he might be exposed to danger if he was left alone.

With heavy steps, he forced himself to move forward until he reached the door. Nothing seemed to be different though, aside from the unusual silence that surrounded him. But still, he couldn’t help feeling nervous after pressing the doorbell, waiting for Hyukjae to open the door and give him his usual bright smile. That was all he could hope for.

But minutes passed and strangely, no one opened the door even though he was quite sure Hyukjae was inside. Donghae pressed the bell again, getting even more restless as he stared at the doorknob, hoping that the door would open soon. He could break the door down if he wanted to, but Hyukjae would surely kill him later, so it was a big no.

He was about to press the bell once again when finally the door opened, revealing Hyukjae in his sweater and three-quarter pants. There was nothing wrong with him, but somehow, he looked slightly different than usual. His eyes weren’t as bright as they usually were. It was the first thing that Donghae noticed.

“Hey,” Donghae smiled, “You’re alone?”

“Yeah,” Hyukjae replied. “What brings you here?”

“I just wanted to see how you’re doing. And hey, is that really something you need to ask me? You’re my fiancé, there’s nothing wrong with me coming to your house.”

“We’re not married.”

It was supposed to be a joke, Donghae was just trying to brighten up the dull atmosphere between them, but Hyukjae only had this serious look on his face. Somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter