A Devil's Maid

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Wow,” that was the first thing Hyukjae said the moment he stepped into Donghae’s luxurious apartment.

It was spacious, and the interior design could only be described with one word; luxurious.

He was starting to think that Donghae might not be that useless, but the thought disappeared right away when he saw the mess around the house. There were empty cans and litters in the living room, socks and clothes were scattered everywhere, and this, was the sight that he really hated to see.

He was a clean freak, and he could never tolerate being in a place like this.

“Welcome to my hut,” Donghae said jokingly, “You don’t have to make that face. I know this place is in a mess but I’m too lazy to tidy up. Just bear with it.”

“I don’t even know how you can live like this.” Hyukjae said, scrunching his nose.

“Stop nagging. Piggy is waiting for you in the kitchen, go greet him.”

Biting his lip, Hyukjae forced himself to walk into the kitchen, sometimes cursing Donghae in his mind. It was hard enough for him to kill an ant and now he had to kill a freaking pig? He wondered why luck seemed to hate him so much.

He took a peek into the wet kitchen and looked around, but there was nothing he could see other than some utensils, and some food. Hyukjae frowned and turned around, facing Donghae who was sitting at the dining table with an idiotic grin on his face.

“Where the hell is the pig?” Hyukjae asked, confused.

“You think I’d really buy a pig and leave it in my house? You’re truly an idiot.”

Hyukjae thought he would end up killing someone soon at this state. He just realized he had been pranked by a devil.

He wanted to grab a knife and cut the man into pieces, but he still had his conscience and he knew he had to be patient. But he was glad though, that he didn’t have to ‘chop’ a pig into small pieces. He swore he’d have nightmares for a month if he’d do that.

“Hey blondie,” Donghae called, beckoning him to come closer.

“What?”

“Just come here.”

Hyukjae reluctantly walked towards the latter, he couldn’t even talk back when he saw those intimidating eyes. Donghae was indeed a scary devil. “What do you want me to do now?”

“Make something for me to eat. I’m starving and as my servant, you should make sure that I’m eating properly.”

“I’m gonna poison your food and make sure you die,” Hyukjae said, scoffing.

Donghae chuckled. “Unfortunately, we devils are immune to poison, so don’t waste your time doing something useless.”

“Are you immortal then?” Hyukjae asked, surprised.

“Not really, it’s just that devils do not die easily. There’s only one way to kill a powerful devil.”

“Priest?”

“Are you kidding me?” Donghae rolled his eyes. “Low class devils are in a different story, but I’m a noble. A mere priest can’t destroy me.”

“So what is it then?”

“Are you stupid? There’s no way I’m gonna tell a human like you.”

“Too bad, I really want to kill you right now.”

“Don’t make me laugh, your face told me you can’t even kill a fly.”

“Are you picking a fight with me?”

“I’m having a lively conversation with my servant. Now, I want a glass of lemonade, and cook something for me. Hurry up or I’m gonna lock you in my house for the rest of your life.”

Hyukjae wasn’t sure if the latter was being serious or not, but he had to say that those threatening words scared him. There was no way he could survive living with someone who had a wicked personality, and a devil on top of that.

“W-what do you want to eat?” he stammered.

“You,” Donghae replied.

“What?!”

“Relax, blondie, it was a joke. I can eat anything as long as it’s edible. Do you really know how to cook? Don’t burn my kitchen, alright?” Donghae said, sniggering at the blonde.

“I’m very good at cooking, for your information,” Hyukjae folded his arms and lifted his chin up, proudly boasting about his specialty.

“Alright then, I’m looking forward to it,” Donghae nodded his head, a mocking smile plastered on his face.

If only I can punch that face of yours, Hyukjae muttered under his breath as he headed to the kitchen.

He couldn’t believe that he was already being controlled by Donghae in just a day without him realizing. It was scary, because he wasn’t someone who’d let his guard down around a stranger.

Well, that man was a devil. It was somewhat understandable.

He sighed heavily and took out some ingredients he bought earlier to make kimchi fried rice, while his mind wandered to Sungmin. He must be worried and Hyukjae was sure he would receive a kick in his when he’d come home later. And he had to be prepared to lose his job at the bookstore.

Oh my God… Hyukjae sighed again. What did I get myself into?

“Hey, be quick! My tummy is crying!”

He clenched his teeth when he heard Donghae’s voice from the living room. He would certainly kill that devil one day, he swore.

“Blondie! Make the lemonade first. I’m thirsty!”

“That bastard…” Hyukjae muttered, but he still grabbed a glass and took a lemon from the fridge, before cutting it in half.

It took him only a few minutes to make the drink, and he smiled slightly when he tasted it. Perfect, he thought. He then brought the glass to the living room, where Donghae was sitting on the couch while reading a newspaper. He never thought a devil could read, but then, this devil was a strange one.

“Here,” Hyukjae said, placing the glass on the coffee table.

Donghae didn’t even look at him as he took the glass, but a frown appeared on his face as soon as he took a sip. “It’s too sour.”

Hyukjae stared at the latter in disbelief. “But I’ve tasted it and it’s just fine!”

“No, make it again,” Donghae insisted.

“But-“

“Make another one,” Donghae repeated, his voice stern.

“Jerk,” Hyukjae stuck his tongue out and stomped his feet towards the kitchen, feeling even more irritated when he heard Donghae laughed at him.

What exactly did he do to receive this divine punishment from God?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter