The Beginning

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So…” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, a smirk was formed on his lips as soon as Donghae sat in front of him with an annoyed expression on his face. “Did you have a good time with your little Hyukjae?”

“You didn’t spy on me, did you?” Donghae eyed the latter suspiciously.

“Why? Did you have a rough last night?” Kyuhyun teased as he glanced at the room where Hyukjae was sleeping at.

“That’s not it, you bastard.”

“Chill, brother,” Kyuhyun sneered. “I have better things to do than to spy on your lovey-dovey moments. And you should probably start getting serious too, don’t you think?”

Donghae looked at the latter for a second, before letting out a sigh and looked away. “I know. You don’t have to tell me.”

“You’re being too laid back, Donghae. The fact that I was ordered by the emperor to go back means only one thing; a war is coming. You feel it too, don’t you? There’s a strange atmosphere around here.”

Instead of saying anything, Donghae grabbed a glass on the table and poured a bottle of water into it, before gulping it down in one go. He knew what Kyuhyun was trying to tell him. And he knew exactly the reason behind all of this. Involving Hyukjae in their dark world was clearly not a good thing, seeing how his strong scent had reached to the other parts of Eosforos.

He felt like kicking Heechul in the for being the cause of this, but then again, that old man wasn’t someone who’d decide on something recklessly. He must have something in his mind, he was sure of it.

“Some of the powerful lords have already known about that fiancé of yours,” Kyuhyun said, “You better be on your guard, Donghae.”

“I always am,” Donghae replied.

“So, when are you going to tell him about the contract?”

“I don’t have a plan to tell him.”

“Think about it thoroughly, Lee Donghae. One false step and you’ll end up hurting him more than you could think,” Kyuhyun said as he patted the latter lightly on his shoulder, before standing up and slowly disappeared into thin air.

Donghae would never want to admit it, but deep inside his heart he knew Kyuhyun was right. He should tell Hyukjae the truth sooner or later. But it seemed to be easier said than done. And to think that a powerful devil like him was having a hard time just because of a single human, he really felt like punching himself right now. But then, Hyukjae wasn’t just a mere human, was he? He was different, in some way.

“Donghae?”

Donghae turned his head towards the familiar soft voice, and a frown appeared on his face seeing Hyukjae walking towards him with a frightened look on his face. “Hyukjae? What’s wrong?”

“It’s…it’s nothing. I just had a bad dream,” Hyukjae said while looking down in embarrassment.

“So you came looking for me?” Donghae smirked.

“T-that’s because you’re the only one who’s here.”

“Oh, really. Should I leave then?”

“No!” Hyukjae burst out, and he quickly regretted his action when he realized what he had done. He knew his face was turning red once again, and he quickly turned around, afraid that he’d be the victim of Donghae’s constant teasing again.

But before he could leave, Donghae had already grabbed his wrist and pulled him close, and it totally caught him off guard. Their faces were only an inch apart and he could even feel the latter’s hot breath on him, but he couldn’t move at all. It was as if his whole body was paralyzed the moment their eyes met.

“You smell good,” Donghae whispered.

Hyukjae wanted to push him away, but he felt weak all of a sudden. “W-what do you want?” he stammered.

“You.”

“It’s not funny.”

“I’m not joking either.”

“I’m not willing to be your meal. And you said it yourself that you’re not going to eat me.”

“Who said anything about eating you?” Donghae chuckled. “You can be dense sometimes, you know that?”

“Whatever it is, will you please let me go first?” Hyukjae said as he kept his eyes down, unable to look at the latter in the eyes.

“What if I don’t want to?”

“Yah!”

“Hyukjae-ah…”

Hyukjae swallowed, his heart was beating so fast when he heard that gentle, soothing voice calling his name. “W-what?”

“Let’s go out.”

“Now?”

“Yeah, now.”

“B-but it’s still early, and it’s cold, and…and it’s-“

“You’ll have to kiss me if you refuse to go.”

“Fine, I’ll go,” Hyukjae said right away, causing Donghae to laugh at him.

“You’ve never failed to amuse me,” Donghae said as he playfully pinched the blonde’s nose.

Hyukjae quickly pried his hand off and stuck his tongue out at the latter, before leaving to his room in a hurry. He got even more annoyed when he heard Donghae’s voice laughing at him, but he couldn’t face him right now, not with his tomato-like face. But right when he was about to enter the bathroom, he was stopped by Donghae’s teasing once again.

“Do you want to take a bath with me Hyukjae?”

“In your dream, you idiot!” Hyukjae shouted back as he stomped his feet into the bathroom and slammed the door close. As always, Donghae had never failed to annoy him. Though, things were different between them now, just a little bit different.

___________________________________

 

 

“Seriously, Donghae,” Hyukjae rolled his eyes at the devil beside him, who was walking excitedly with a huge grin on his face. “You dragged me out just to bring me to a supermarket?”

“But it seems fun, I’ve always wanted to do this,” Donghae said, causing the blonde to frown at him.

“You’ve never done this before? But grocery shopping is just a normal thing for us to do.”

“You mean for humans.”

“Right,” Hyukjae cleared his throat, “I forgot.”

“I might be smart, but there are still so many things that I don’t know about regarding your world,” Donghae said.

“You can ask me if you want to.”

“You’ve already taught me a very precious thing.”

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. “I did?”

“Yeah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter