Calm Nights

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Welcome home.”

Hyukjae and Donghae were greeted by the smiling Sungmin as soon as they arrived at the blonde’s home. Hyukjae was glad that Sungmin actually believed they went on a trip, because there were no other excuses he could come out with.

“So how was your LONG trip? Was it fun?” Sungmin asked, purposely emphasizing on the word ‘long.’

“Yeah, it was fun,” Hyukjae faked a laugh, “Very fun indeed.”

“Let’s get inside first,” Sungmin said, making a space for the two of them to come in, “And I do hope you guys have some nice pictures for me?”

Hyukjae swallowed hard as he nervously sat down on the couch, while Donghae remained calm as he usually was. He knew Sungmin would be asking this, which was why he had been ‘drafting’ a lot of scenarios in his head, preparing himself to face with any kind of ‘emergency.’

“Donghae lost his camera, so we couldn’t take any pictures. Sorry hyung,” Hyukjae said, silently praising himself for not stuttering like an idiot.

“That’s fine, I’m just glad you’re back here safe and sound.”

“Actually, there’s something I need to tell you,” Donghae said, “And that’s why I’m here.”

“Okay,” Sungmin leaned his back against the couch, nodding his head at the latter, “Go on.”

“I’m planning to take Hyukjae to live with me.”

Silence filled in for a moment, no one said a word and Hyukjae couldn’t even look at Sungmin in the eye. He wasn’t even sure if it was a good idea to tell Sungmin right after they arrived, but Donghae didn’t seem like he could wait any longer.

“I’ve seen this coming actually,” Sungmin smiled. “Hyukjae, why don’t you prepare something for Donghae to eat? It’s almost dinner.”

Hyukjae was reluctant at first, but when he looked at Donghae, the latter only smiled reassuringly at him in return. There’s nothing to worry about, he thought. Sungmin had liked Donghae ever since the first time they met, so there wouldn’t be any problem.

Right?

“I’ll be back,” Hyukjae whispered, before leaning in to kiss Donghae on his cheek. He stared at Sungmin as he was leaving, silently begging him not to say anything unnecessary.

“Did he just kiss you in front of me?” Sungmin said, after making sure that Hyukjae was no longer near them. “Way to go, Donghae-sii.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” Donghae smirked.

“So, back to our conversation,” Sungmin crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes focusing on the latter, “Isn’t it too soon for the two of you to be living together?”

“Hyukjae will have to live with me eventually,” Donghae calmly answered, “We’ll be getting married.”

“Married?” Sungmin cocked an eyebrow. “Are you saying that you’re capable enough to make Hyukjae happy for the rest of his life?”

“I’m working hard.”

“You don’t sound so confident of yourself.

“I thought you liked me when we first met. You approved of me, didn’t you, Sungmin-sii?”

Sungmin smiled. “I did, of course I did. But first impression can always change.”

“I don’t get you.”

“Then do you want me to personally tell you what I mean?”

The atmosphere suddenly turned icy cold, strong wind was blowing and Donghae could see the cold and dark aura emitted from behind Sungmin. If he was a normal human, he would’ve died in an instant because of the cold.

Donghae’s lips slowly curved into a smirk. “You’ve finally shown your true self.”

The tension between them lasted for about a minute, and then it slowly calmed down, everything returned back to normal.

“Did Kyuhyun ask you to come back?” Donghae asked, trying to find some answers in the latter’s calm eyes.

But Sungmin wasn’t someone whom he could read easily.

“When did you find out?” Sungmin asked, his voice sounded flat.

“About what?”

“About me.”

“From the start, I guess?”

“Then why did you pretend not to know anything?”

“Why did you play along with me then?” Donghae shot back with a question, and they both fell into silence.

“For someone who’s been hiding his presence for ages,” Donghae said, “What makes you decide to finally crawl out of your cave?”

“I have no intention to go back.”

“You just did.”

“The only reason why I let him be with you in the first place is because he’s happy with you,” Sungmin lowered his voice when he heard Hyukjae’s footsteps stomping around the house, “So don’t ever make me regret my decision, Lee Donghae.”

Donghae’s jaw tightened at the latter’s words, but he quickly put a smile on his face when he saw Hyukjae approaching them.

“I know you guys are starving and all,” Hyukjae said, placing both his hands on his hips, “But I really need someone to help me in the kitchen.”

“I’ll help you,” Donghae immediately volunteered and hastily stood up, almost knocking the table off, “I’ll make you the happiest person in the universe.”

Hyukjae arched an eyebrow as he watched Donghae entering the kitchen, and began to look around like a lost child, trying to find something he could do.

“Hyung,” Hyukjae turned to look at Sungmin who clearly looked like he was holding back his laughter, “You didn’t say anything weird to him, did you?”

“Of course I didn’t,” Sungmin replied, “He’s just simply an idiot.”

“Sometimes I think you’re a devil too, hyung.”

“Well, maybe I am. Who knows?” Sungmin said, smirking.

_____________________________

 

 

Hyukjae had been trying to sleep for the past two hours, but he failed in the end. After spending so much time Donghae, he could feel the loneliness creeping up deep inside his heart.

He missed hearing the latter’s voice teasing him as they were lying in bed next to each other. He missed his warm touch, as he embraces him in his strong arms. He missed the way Donghae would look into his eyes and whispered sweet words in his ear.

“I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter