Where There Is Light, There'll Be Darkness

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyukjae sat quietly in his seat, sometimes glancing at Donghae who was sitting across him, watching TV while drinking coffee. The silence surrounding them made everything even more awkward to him, since they weren’t bickering and fighting like usual. He didn’t even know what he should say after what had happened, after Donghae…hugged him.

Shaking his head slightly, Hyukjae quickly looked down and played with his fingers, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden when he remembered how he was crying like a little kid in Donghae’s embrace.

Why did he do that? That question kept pestering his mind ever since they got back, but he didn’t have the guts to ask. He couldn’t even look at Donghae in the eyes.

Damn it, Hyukjae bit his lip and touched his reddening face, what am I thinking?

“You’re really weak,” Donghae said out of the blue, without looking at the blonde.

Hyukjae blinked. “Excuse me?”

“Stop being so weak, your weak heart is going to attract the devils out there to come to you.”

“What does that mean? Stop saying complicated things.”

“What I’m trying to say is,” Donghae breathed out heavily before finally turning his head towards the blonde, “You need to be stronger to avoid troubles. Your strong scent is enough to make thousands of devils out there go crazy.”

“Including you?” Hyukjae blurted out, and quickly covered his mouth when he realized what he just said. He was totally out of his mind!

“If I’m like that too you’d be dead by now.”

Hyukjae nodded, though he couldn’t really understand what the latter was trying to tell him.

But one thing he knew, he was grateful that Donghae was the one who found him when he was nearly breaking apart. Even though the latter was always doing things that annoy him to the core, today he was completely…different. It was as if he could see what was going on his head. The ‘thorns’ on his head couldn’t be seen today, and Hyukjae somehow felt happy that he cared for him.

Other people would usually ask him tons of questions by now, but Donghae hadn’t say anything at all, not even asking him why he was crying like a mad man.

But he liked it. He preferred not to say anything to anyone else, he wasn’t someone who could just convey his feelings to strangers easily.

He quickly darted his eyes away when he noticed Donghae was staring at him, feeling awkward because of the sudden silence. What was he supposed to say? He wanted to thank him, but not even a word came out of his mouth.

“Are you feeling better now?” Donghae asked.

“Y-yeah…” Hyukjae stammered. Come on Lee Hyukjae, say thank you! It’s not that hard! He said in his mind.

“Alright then, you can start cooking for me now.”

Hyukjae’s jaw almost dropped to the floor. “What?”

“I said, you can cook for me now,” Donghae repeated, “Make me ramyun. Two bowls, no vegies.”

“Y-you little…” Hyukjae gritted his teeth, trying to hold himself back from burning the apartment down. Just when he thought he could finally get along with the latter, this son of a devil just had to ruin everything.

What an annoying devil.

“What? You think I’m gonna hug you all the time and comfort you like a five year old kid?” Donghae said mockingly.

“That’s not it, you idiot! And I’m not going to cook for you anymore!” Hyukjae snapped and grumpily stood up, stomping his feet towards the door. He jumped slightly when suddenly Donghae grabbed his hand from behind, pulling him back inside before pushing him to the wall, trapping him with his strong arms.

“Who said you can leave?” Donghae raised an eyebrow, a smirk etched on his lips when he saw the blonde’s face turning red.

“I feel like vomiting when I see your face, so I want to leave. Now can you please let me out of here?”

“You haven’t thanked me yet and you’re leaving? That’s rude, blondie.”

“Why should I thank a devil like you?”

“Because I saved you.”

“Oh please, you didn’t. You just found me and you brought me home, that’s all,” Hyukjae said, refusing to lose. He knew he should really thank Donghae, but the latter’s annoying words made him feel extremely irritated.

But wait a minute, Hyukjae frowned as something hit him, how exactly did Donghae find me so easily?

“You’re such an ungrateful brat,” Donghae leaned closer and stared at the blonde intently, feeling like teasing him a little. “And you were clinging to me like a koala before.”

“I…I didn’t!” Hyukjae was half yelling at the latter, his face was getting redder and redder as Donghae’s face was getting closer to his.

“You’re one interesting human, you know that?”

“W-why?”

“Because you make one perfect servant for me.”

“Yah!”

Donghae chuckled. “You’re finally back.”

“Huh?”

“You’re back to your old self,” Donghae said as he turned around and walked towards the living room. He lay down on the couch and closed his eyes, with his left hand placed under his head. “Stop being so gloomy, it doesn’t suit you. Just keep smiling and everything will get better.”

Hyukjae was speechless. It was hard for him to believe that Lee Donghae was the one who said those unexpected words.

Why?

He wanted to ask him so badly, but he couldn’t say anything. He hesitantly stepped closer and stood in front of the latter, silently admiring his flawless, calm face.

“D-donghae?” he called softly.

“Hmm…”

“How did you find me?”

“I followed your smell.”

Usually Hyukjae would throw a fit and curse the latter, but for some reason, he couldn’t help but smile in amusement right now. And he didn’t even know why.

“ert,” he said jokingly and left to the kitchen immediately before Donghae could say any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter