One Step Away

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Donghae,” Hyukjae gritted his teeth, his hands trembling as he was struggling to fight the icy cold weather surrounding them. “You didn’t tell me it’s going to be this cold, you idiot.”

“Sorry,” grinning apologetically, Donghae took off his own jacket and wrapped it around the blonde. It was a little big for Hyukjae, but it was good enough not to let him freeze to death.

“What about you?” Hyukjae softened his voice, giving the latter a concerned look.

“I’ll be fine. I’m a devil, remember?” Donghae took the blonde’s freezing hand into his, rubbing it gently with his fingers.

“Where is this place anyway?”

“Alaska.”

Hyukjae’s eyes almost popped out upon hearing Donghae’s reply. “What?!”

“You said you wanted to see something amazing.”

“What’s exactly amazing about this place? It’s dark and I can’t even see anything!”

“Shh…” Donghae pulled Hyukjae to stand in front of him, before wrapping his arms around the blonde, bringing him close to his body. “Just keep your eyes on the sky, and you won’t regret coming here. Trust me.”

Hyukjae was going to protest, but when he felt Donghae’s hold around him tightened, he began to calm down, letting himself being engulfed by the other’s comforting warmth. He wasn’t sure if Donghae had done something using his power, but despite the gradually falling temperature, he felt warm, unlike a few seconds ago.

“Hyukjae,” Donghae whispered, “Look at the sky.”

Hyukjae did as he was told, and once he lifted his head up, his eyes widened, it was as if he was no longer standing on the ground. Up there, he could see the flickering green and red curtains of light covering most of the sky, and he was sure enough, that was what people would call the Aurora Borealis.

It was breathtakingly beautiful, to the extent that he couldn’t even bring himself to put it into words.

“Is this amazing enough for you?” Donghae asked.

Hyukjae nodded, unable to take his eyes away from the glowing lights brightening the dark sky. It looked like it was swirling, and then a few minutes later it slowly disappeared from their sights.

“Wow,” was the only word Hyukjae managed to come out with after he had finally regained his composure. “That was…beyond amazing.”

“I told you, you wouldn’t regret this.”

“Have you seen this before?” Hyukjae turned around to face Donghae, looking at his glowing silver eyes. Those eyes used to scare him back when they first met, but now, he couldn’t deny how beautiful they looked.

“Yeah, a few times.”

“Really?”

“I used to travel a lot, so I’ve seen a lot of things.”

“Did you see it with your girlfriends?”

A tinge of jealousy could be heard in Hyukjae’s voice, and Donghae couldn’t stop himself from smiling like an idiot.

“Look who’s being jealous.”

“Oh please, I’m not jealous.”

“You’re bad at lying, you know that.”

“I’m not-“ Hyukjae wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Donghae captured him in a passionate kiss, securing him with his strong arms so that he wouldn’t be able to slip away.

He slowly melted into the kiss, his hands were pressed against Donghae’s broad chest as the latter leaned in to deepen the kiss.

“Thank you,” Hyukjae whispered between the kiss, and Donghae reluctantly stopped, his eyes staring at the blonde questioningly.

“For what?”  

“For taking me here.”

“I’d give you the whole world if you want to, Hyukjae.”

“I’m happy enough to be with you. I don’t need anything else.”

“Don’t say things like that,” Donghae said, placing a soft kiss on the blonde’s red nose. “I just might eat you up right here.”

“ert.”

“Only with you.”

Hyukjae let out a soft giggle as he lightly punched the latter’s chest. “So, are we going back now?”

“Can’t we just live here?”

“Don’t be stupid.”

“I don’t want to go back,” Donghae frowned, “Because you’ll not be by my side then.”

“We can always meet during the day, Donghae. Stop being such a kid.”

“It’s different. I want you to be with me 24 hours a day.”

A small smile etched on Hyukjae’s lips at the latter’s childish demand, silently admiring this adorable side of him. This was something that other people would never get to see. Donghae would only be like this in front of him, and he’d return to his bossy and arrogant self when he was with other people.

“I know, Donghae. I’ll try to convince Sungmin-hyung once again so be patient, alright?”

“Alright…” Donghae replied, clearly not being honest with his answer.

“Fine,” Hyukjae sighed, “You can sleep with me tonight.”

“Tonight?” Donghae’s eyes widened. “Really?”

“We’re just sleeping, no more than that.”

“But Sungmin-“

“I didn’t say anything about telling him that you’re spending the night with me.”

“You mean you want me to sneak into your room?”

“It’s fine if you don’t want-“

“I want to!” Donghae quickly said, cutting the blonde off. “I’ll sleep with you tonight.”

“Sure,” Hyukjae said, trying not to laugh at Donghae’s predictable reaction. “So why don’t we head back now? It’s getting late. Or do you have another place in mind to take me to?”

“I do,” Donghae smiled, “I’ll take you there tomorrow.”

____________________________

 

 

“Remind me why I’m here,” Hyukjae said, tappin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter