Drawing Closer

My Boyfriend Is A Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

LAST CHAPTER

 

“Where is he?” Donghae asked.

It wasn’t that obvious, but there was something different in him. He was desperate. He was slowly losing it.

“Who?”

Don’t play dumb with me. What did you do to Hyukjae?”

“What do you think I did?” Minho replied with a question, knowing it would anger the latter more. “Perhaps I did something like what you did to Jia.”

Donghae would’ve chop the latter’s head off without a second thought, but stopped when he realized the crowd homeless devils surrounding them were getting bigger. They were slowly encroaching, growling and drooling at the sight of the two devil lords standing right in front of them.

“The hell?” Donghae grimaced. “You sent them here, didn’t you? Get rid of them you bastard, it’s annoying.”

“It wasn’t me,” Minho took a step back, cautiously keeping his eyes on the dark creatures. “Someone else is controlling them.”

Donghae exchanged a glance with the latter, only now realizing that the situation they were in had suddenly gotten even more serious. “Kael,” he whispered. “Was it his doing?”

“Probably. He’s been aiming to bring your emperor down.”

Donghae scoffed. “No wonder.”

“Wait,” Minho said, signalling the latter to tone down his voice. “Someone’s coming.”

“I know,” Donghae narrowed his eyes at the blurry shadow that was slowly approaching them.

The fog that was slowly forming was making it hard for them to see what was in front, but it didn’t take long until the shadow finally showed his true form.

“What a wonderful morning,” Minho said mockingly, “It’s him, the servant of hell.”

“Hah,” Donghae snorted. “This is going to be fun.”

________________________________

 

 

“Evening, my lords.”

Donghae and Minho exchanged a glance with each other, before looking back at Zelo, the cunning servant of the devil king standing right before them. He might seem indifferent, but he was as wicked as the mighty king. They should never let their guard down around him.

“What brings you here?”

“We should ask you the same thing,” Minho replied. “Why are you here, the great servant of the king?”

“Strolling,” Zelo said. A slight frown formed on his face when his eyes met with Donghae’s, who stared back at him with his fierce, glowing silver eyes.

“What?” Donghae asked, his voice sounded flat but it was obvious that he was annoyed. “Is there a problem?”

“That smell,” Zelo’s frown deepened. “I smell a human’s scent on you.”

“I’ve been to the human world a lot of times, isn’t that normal?”

“I remember this smell,” Zelo said, taking a step closer towards Donghae. “Only a few of the humans have strong scent like this.”

Donghae’s eyes immediately darkened as realization hit him, and before the wicked servant could make a move, he grabbed his neck, gripping it tight with a single hand. Zelo was quite taken aback by the sudden reaction but he chose not to struggle, knowing that it wouldn’t do him any good to anger the furious lord.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Donghae’s voice was low, but anyone would’ve known that he was boiling inside. “What exactly do you know?”

“I met a boy with the same scent years ago,” Zelo answered, as his lips began to form a wicked smile. “That one lucky boy who managed to get away from being the king’s sacrifice on the Night of Celebration.”

Donghae gripped the latter’s neck tighter, completely ignoring his whimper as he struggled to fight the pain. He was so close to rip his body apart with his power, if Minho didn’t interfere and stopped him.

“Donghae,” Minho pulled Zelo away from the latter, and he fell to the ground, coughing so hard that he even spurted pitch black blood.

“Step out of this, Minho,” Donghae warned.

“Your arm,” Minho said, narrowing his eyes at the black triquetra symbol that was slowly forming on the latter’s arm.

Donghae’s eyes went wide for a second the moment he saw the symbol, but he quickly changed his expression to a calm one. Hiding the strange mark under his sleeve, he approached Zelo, and pointed his sword at his face.

“The Night of Celebration is in three days, and I want you to deliver this message to that damn king,” Donghae said, “If you dare touch what belongs to me, I’m gonna break this world apart.”

___________________________________

 

 

Never once had Hyukjae expected to see Donghae and Minho walking together into the mansion, when he was sure enough, that they hated each other’s guts. None of them seemed to be injured though, much to his relief. And he was so thankful that they didn’t end up killing each other.

“Thank you,” Hyukjae whispered as Minho walked past him, “Thank you for saving him.”

“I didn’t save him,” Minho said.

“But you brought him back alive. That’s all I need. I owe you one, Minho.”

The look on Minho’s face when their eyes met was unreadable, and Hyukjae wondered, what exactly he was hiding behind his calm face. But the latter immediately walked away when Donghae approached them, glancing at Hyukjae for one last time before he disappeared behind the walls.

“What was that?” Donghae grabbed the blonde’s arm and turned him around, clearly looking annoyed at the ‘little interaction’ that the two had just now. “Did he just look at you like that?”

“What?”

“He stared at you.”

“So?”

“I don’t like it. It’s like-“ Donghae wasn’t able to finish when Hyukjae flung himself onto him, hugging him so tightly that he couldn’t even move a muscle.

A content smile slowly made its way to his lips as he embraced the blonde tighter, feeling the comfort of his gentle touch. He couldn’t even tell just how grateful he was to see Hyukjae safe.

“I’m so worried about you,” Hyukjae sighed.

“Shouldn’t you be worried about yourself? You’re being kept as a hostage here.”

“But Minho didn’t hurt me.”

“If he did, I’m going to rip his body apart.”

Hyukjae’s smile widened. As childish as it might sound, he knew Donghae was worried about him. They were both unwilling to break the hug, until Minho once again appeared, sending them this oh-I-feel-like-throwing-up look. Hyukjae quickly pulled away from Donghae upon noticing Minho’s presence, ignoring how annoyed Donghae looked.

“If you want to have a lovey-dovey session I advise you to get the hell out of my sacred mansion now,” Minho said. “It’s annoying to see the two of you here.”

“ you,” Donghae said so casually before wrapping his arm around Hyukjae, and within a second, they had already disappeared into thin air.

The huge mansion was back to being silent again right after they left, and Minho just stood there, watching the empty space around him. The silence had never once bothered him before, but what was this feeling? He felt empty. Even emptier than before.

“Are you fine with letting them leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter