Would You Please Give Up Your Dream?

Lucid Dreamer [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~At home~

 

                “Peter! Where have you been? Why are you so late?” Mrs. Claire yelled from the kitchen. She was preparing dinner tonight. She simply chopped some parsley leaves and sprinkled  them in a pan full of cream soup. The smell of cream soup directly went into Peter and Shania’s  nose and made them hungry.

                “Sorry mom. I had something important to do. Umm.. by the way, the cream soup looks so delicious,” Peter went to the kitchen and left Shania that waited in the living room. He then noticed a big pan full of cream soup. He took a spoonful of the soup and sipped it.

“So, is it delicious, dear? Just like it smells?” asked Mrs. Claire.

                “Really mom, this is the most delicious cream soup ever! Is there any special occassion so mom cook this?”

                “It’s your sixteenth, Peter! How could you forget about your birthday?”

                “Oh my gosh! I forgot about it! Thanks mom for reminded me!”

                “You’re welcome, my big son,  thank you for being here beside mom and dad, and... your sister..”

                Mrs. Claire hugged Peter tightly then she started to sobbing when she reminds about her daughter, that passed away two years ago, Veronica Gray (yeah, just like i told you before, she was murdered by a bunch of vampires). Then, suddenly there was a loud thud of slammed door. And Peter heard his father yelled from the front door.

                “Who are you?! Are you an intruder?! Peter! Who is this?!” Mr. James glared at Shania. He took a look at Shania with a weird glare since her clothes were so different with the people at that period. 

*Gosh! This old man is so grumpy!* Shania thought to herself that she kept silent, afraid of Mr. James.

“Don’t be like that, James! Oh, hello, young lady, are you Peter’s friend? Where do you come from?” Mrs. Claire interrupt.

“Dad, Mom. This is Shania. She’s my new friend, and i found her lost in the woods this afternoon. So, that’s why i went home late this time,”

“How poor you are! How come?”  said Mrs. Claire.

“It’s a long story, ma’am,”

“Oh, okay. You can tell us what’s happening to you when we have our dinner. Hmm... You can stay at our house, until you find your home if you want. Maybe you can stay at the empty room upstairs.”

“But Claire, we can’t take care of her, there’s insufficient—“

“Dad! Please! Let her stay at our house! There’s something important to tell you about her!” Peter interrupt as he glared at his father.

“What’s so important? You’d tell me that you bring a poor beggar to our house? And let her stay for free in our house? Why you didn’t notice her? Look at her weird and dirty clothes!”

“I told you, dad, SHE’S NOT A BEGGAR. She’s from future, and i’m afraid she’s the VAMPIRE HUNTER just like the woman-with-noble-heart told us.” Peter whispered to his father that ready to explode in anger.

“What? Really?” Mr. James wide-eyed.

“Yes, she is. It’s better if we’re talking about it at dining room,”

 

***

 

A big bowl of cream soup, a cup of warm tea, and a big slice of apple pie didn’t make Shania had her appetite. Mr. James kept asking her so many questions that it seems he was suspicious about her.

“So, where do you come from? What is your bussiness here?” Mr. James inquired.

“I’m from South Korea, sir. Um... actually, maybe you don’t want to hear why i am here, you’ll think this is crazy, I just... drifted in this place, in this past year, accidentally,” Shania hesitated.

“Don’t lie on me, young lady. You have to tell the truth,” Mr. James compelled.

“Really sir, i don’t want to tell you about this,” Shania rejected all the questions that Mr.James gave to her. She just won’t anybody know herself as a future vampire hunter. Yes, now, she realized and believe what the woman with noble heart once ever said to her. Everyone, not only Peter and her family, are just too suspicious to her.

“YOU’RE THE VAMPIRE HUNTER, AREN’T YOU?! JUST TOLD ME THE TRUTH! YOU CAN’T JUST STAY AWAY LIKE THAT!” Mr. James finally out of his patient that he yelled at Shania. His face turned red like a tomato and he glowered at Shania, reflecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter