020; Melancholy

Rise Of The New Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                  She walked down the majestic stairs gracefully as she fixed her eyes to the scenery by the five-feet tall windows. The morning breeze was so calm, she stopped for a while to enjoy the moment. The roses and tulips dance together as if the soft wind tickles them. The English-like landscape featuring winding paths and a fountain at the middle of the garden was so mesmerizing.

"Sometimes, we are the ones who need to learn to let go. Maybe, someday, someone much more better is waiting for us."

Yoona, who was drifted away in her own thoughts shifted her sight. "I think you matured enough." blurted Yoona as she let out a giggle. She took her steps, walking towards the figure who interupted her daydreams earlier.

"It's been nearly a month."muttered Seohyun. Yoona sensed that she is in trouble because the way Seohyun talk was more like an advice or she partically scolding her. "The High King Dumbledore is so worried with your performance. You did not focus at the training. The battle is in ten full moons. We need to be ready."

Yoona dropped her head low. Unaware of Seohyun's feelings, she walked away, heading to the beautiful garden she had seen earlier. She needs some time alone to re-think all of the things that happened in a flash. Seems like nobody understands her loneliness towards Yuri's death and how she battles her feelings of guilty regarding her love towards Nichkhun. 

Seohyun knew that Yoona was too tired to be scolded. Walking away in a silence was Yoona's way in showing that she is done listening or protesting it. Seohyun took a deep breath and let out a sigh. This time, she need to give a piece of raucous advice although Yoona may not like it.

"I may sound harsh but you need to let it go. Not only Yuri-unnie but Nichkhun-shi too."

Seohyun's last words took her deep in the heart. She stopped and froze at that moment, only hearing Seohyun's footsteps leaving her behind. It seems that, all this time Seohyun knew what was bothering in her mind but maybe she was too afraid to let a word. Actually, Yoona can fully accept Yuri's death by now but she was confused and afraid to admit that she still love Nichkhun.

There was once she thought that she could have Nichkhun by her side now. She once felt glad that Yuri was no longer there to snatch away Nichkhun from her. She once thought of having Nichkhun by herself. But then she regretted it and back to being bewildered.

She looked around and realized she was falling too deep in her thoughts. Her feet lightly went to the wooden bench at the middle of the garden, right in front of the fountain. The tranquil surrounding eventually helped Yoona to calm down. In an hour, a training will be held at the battle ground and Yoona was too lazy to go. She finds it quite boring to learn how to fight using swords and other weapons.

"The late Queen planted the flowers herself." a hoarse voice could be heard from her left side. "The maids prevent her to do any heavy activities but she said that by looking at the flowers, she felt so calm and free form any problems."

"You sure talk a lot." blurted Yoona as she let out a faint smile. "Yuri-unnie loves tulips."

Taecyeon flinched as he heard the name. No one knows that he, himself is battling with his feelings towards Yuri. Some may noticed it but he decided to slowly let Yuri go. Not even once, he regretted loving Yuri although it was only for a while. It was worth it.

"You love her, don't you?" Yoona's sudden question caught Taecyeon in a second. He looked away, avoiding Yoona's gaze that was fixed on him. It was a moment of silent and Yoona was still waiting for his answer without turning away. Taecyeon gathered his courage and shifted his sight straight to Yoona's eyes.

"I do. And I still do." Taecyeon 's answer was short but it was full of meaning. Yoona could see the sincerity in his eyes and she was impressed at how Taecyeon cope with his inner feelings. "It's worth it." his last word make Yoona's realized how deep Taecyeon's love towards Yuri.

"Why you didn't fight for your love?" She was so curious to the extend she wanted to measure his love towards Yuri. A smile was formed on his small lips, making Yoona eager to know his answer. A hidden sorrow was seen from his despondent smile.

"I have tried my best but she has the rights to choose too." replied Taecyeon as he stand up. A clueless expression was potrayed on Yoona's flawless face but Taecyeon walked away, leaving her without any definite answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter