Please Be Okay

You Are Now an ISAgifted Student. Welcome.

Since it was nearing the end of the semester, most classes became hectic and sometimes even competitive. The most competitive and stressful one turned out to be Rapping and Vocal Percussion. Park Kyung and Zico were normally pretty cool guys, but as soon as the big semester showcase was a month and a half away, they became dictators. Every class, Kyung would take half the class and Zico would take the other. Then, the two coaches would pit one of their students against another student on the opposite team and rap battles ensued. After the rap battle was complete and there was a biting critique, the pairs would then collaborate. They basically had to include all of their techniques and work with singers and sound engineers and mixers from other departments. This was more or less their final exam, but also a way to weed out those who would be the four featured students of the class for the showcase. 

The semester showcase was this huge, amazing, collaborative artistic explosion where students showed off their best work. This not only served as their midterm, but also gave them a chance to be critiqued and looked at by people in the real world who had these professions. In all of their classes, students were required to have an end piece, solo or collaborative, depending on the assignment given by the teacher. Much like assessment periods, it was said to be stressful, but ultimately rewarding. For the showcase, Key was working on a special design with Victoria, creating an intricate wedding cake with Jonghyun, collaborating with Minho and Sulli for a song that included vocal percussion, rapping, and singing, performing a dance routine with Taemin and the goddess of dance, Hyoyeon, (who is doing another routine for her advanced class, but wanted to also perform in Key and Taemin's) and showcasing a portfolio of pottery and other works that he did in Lee Hi's classes. One could say Key was extremely busy. After being so emotionally drained, Key found it comforting to throw himself into work and then come home to cuddle with Onew. In addition to all that going on for Key during the showcase, Key also wanted to catch all of his friends' stuff as well. Taemin crafted his own piano piece, Onew had this song he had being working on for what seemed like ever, Minho had his photos, and Jonghyun had his performances as well. The schedules for the showcase were coming out in a few days. 

Key and Minho were in art class.The class, even though it was really close to the showcase, art class was still calm. Minho was in the back of the room matting his photos. Key was near the front chatting with Lee Hi and finishing up his drawing. It would seem that to any outsider, all of the students, including Minho and Key looked content and calm. Not even art class, however, could soothe the two boys. This was due to the day of Jonghyun's first treatment looming over their heads and Key's grandmother's funeral in a few days as well. Jonghyun's parents had been coming back and forth frequently, but could not be there on the first day of treatment. 

That night, Key, Onew, Minho, and Taemin were going to talk about who was going to go with Minho to Jonghyun's appoinment with him. Jonghyun did not want to inconvenience all of them (all though they would all go in a heartbeat)  so they had to discuss who would go this time. 

Key was finishing his drawing, which was actually a recreation of a photo that Minho took. Key became very quiet as he thought about Jonghyun. Lee Hi noticed this. 

"Key ah." Lee Hi began. 

"Neh?" Key asked, not looking up from his work. 

"Lee Jinki came looking for you, you know. Where were you? I was worried." Lee Hi said, quietly. Yes, Minho and Key were her favorite and most talented students. They were so caring, how could she not love having them in class? 

Key froze. He didn't realize exactly how many people he affected by running away. Not only did he scare and worry his best friends and love, but he also worried Hyoyeon, Sulli, and his teachers. He felt foolish and wanted to cry. 

"I...um...I had a death in the family..." Key mumbled, his throat hurting from trying to swallow back a sob. 

Lee Hi gently hugged Key. "I'm so happy Jinki found you." She said. Minho looked up determined to make a weird face at Key to annoy him, but instead found him cradled in Lee Hi's arms. Minho began to panic, wondering if he needed to call Onew again. Lee Hi, in some sort of weird mind reading psychic thing, seemed to read Minho's mind and looked up, reassuring him that everything was ok. After a few moments, Key calmed down and nodded at Minho to tell him that he was alright. Minho sighed in relief and went back to his work. 

After art class, the boys went to their other activities. 

By the time 6 o'clock hit, everyone was back in the flat. Jonghyun went to take a nap, to Minho's relief. Jonghyun had not been sleeping very much, so Minho was glad he was getting some rest. 

While the shortest boy slept, the other four boys met where the couch was. Onew and Key sat on the couch, Taemin on the chair near the couch, and Minho with his legs stretched out, sat on the floor. 

Onew was the first to speak up. "So. Friday is the day. I will not let Minho take Jonghyun alone." Onew stated firmly. Key squeezed Onew's hand. He didn't know why he did it, it just felt like Onew needed it. 

"Hyungs...you have a lot going on. Let me go." Taemin said. Key wanted to protest, but at the look in Taemin's eyes, he knew Taemin needed to be the one. 

"Okay, Taemin it is then." Onew said. Minho smiled at Taemin. Ever since Taesun had come, Minho had gotten closer to Taemin as well. He was happy that Taemin would be there too. 

After the little meeting, Minho woke Jonghyun up and they had dinner. 

The next day was a normal day. One of the more normal days in a while. Then at around 5 o'clock, Key's dad called him on the phone telling him that the funeral was that friday. Key, not wanting to cry on the phone with his dad, said his goodbye's and I love you's quickly and ended the conversation. The terrible thing was, was that the funeral was on the same day as Jonghyun's treatment. Key wanted to be there at home, waiting for Taemin, Minho, and Jonghyun with dinner and a movie to, but he also had to see his grandmother be put to rest. 

He talked about it with Onew, and they decided that Key and Onew would be going to Daegu for the funeral, and Taemin, Minho, and Jonghyun would stay home. 

Days passed, and friday morning, Key and Onew were all packed up for the trip. The ride would be long and Key was so overwhelmingly thankful that his love was with him. Taemin and Jonghyun had said goodbye the previous night. 

Minho drove them to the station. 

"Thanks Minho." Key smiled sadly at his best friend. 

"Have a safe trip. You'll be okay?" Minho asked. 

"Neh. Take care of the other two. Tell Jonghyun we're there for him." Onew said. 

Minho nodded. 

As the two turned away to get to their platform, Minho realized he forgot to grab something out of the trunk of the car. 

He ran back to Onew and Key holding a black, leather box. "Uh..I got you guys this. Don't open it until you get on." Minho said, voice cracking. The two hugged Minho and headed to the platform. 

It arrived, and Onew and Key got on, finding comfortable seats. They placed their bags underneath the seats and sat there looking at the box. Key opened the box to reveal something he did not expect. 

Inside the velvet lining of the box were two silver, chain bracelets, just like Minho's. It also came with silver cleaner and a note. Key opened the note and read it. 

 

Key, wear it for her. Onew hyung, wear it for Key. But also, wear them for Jonghyun hyung because I realized, they're not just representing somone who passed away, they represent the love you have for that person. I'm wearing mine for Jonghyun hyung and Taemin and you guys now too. Please be okay. 

 

P.S. Don't let them get tarnished like mine. 

                    -Minho

 

Key began to softly cry as he put his bracelet on and then Onew's bracelet on his wrist. The trip was speant in tears and in dreamland and their new bracelets clinked and jingled with the movement of train. 

 

For the people you love, you would do anything 

Care, comfort, listen, say 

Loving with all your heart, caring with your kindest words, and thinking...

Please be okay 

 

A/N: Hi! Finally I posted it goodness god I had a lot of work to do. Please comment! I love your comments! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be a chapter that parallels the funeral with the treatment. THANK YOU <33