The Songdam Corner Apartment

You Are Now an ISAgifted Student. Welcome.

Key’s father had dropped him off way too early. There he was in the common room of his flat, alone, with boxes and three suitcases filled with clothes. Don’t judge. He makes an effort not to outfit repeat too frequently. Key was awaiting his flat mates’ arrivals. Key thought about who is flatmates were. So he knew Taemin was the cute and really young looking one, and he had a bit of a creeping suspicion that Kim Jonghyun was the one with the three toned hair and the crooked nostrils. It didn’t matter who was who, as long as he got along with some of them. Key prided himself on friendships he made and needed a support system to feel confident. When he was secure with good friends, he felt as though he could do anything. He was a bit worried about how Jinki and Jonghyun sunbaes would be, being upperclassmen, but he was sociable and figured if his close hyungs liked him in high school, he would totally be able to dazzle his new seniors. 

 

Key broke out his handy dandy iPod and started listening to Ke$ha, when he heard that classic beeping noise coming from outside, signaling that someone, a flat mate perhaps was unlocking the metal apartment door with their magnetic key and were about to enter. Key was right. In waltzed in a shorter guy with three-toned hair, one suitcase, headphones on his ears, and bright green kicks on his feet. He was confidently smiling and had this swagger that Key had to applaud. What was this guy smiling at and why was he so cheeky and dapper? Why did he ooze confidence that could match his own? Key was sorta glad that three-toned-hair-guy appeared to be sociable. After stretching his limbs for a moment, the guy finally noticed Key sitting there, one earbud in his ear looking around awkwardly.

"Ayo! You must be one of our freshmen boarders!"

The guy was yelling at an extremely loud volume, probably because his music was so loud.  Key chuckled and turned off his music.

"Then...decided to yell just as loud so the guy could hear him. I’m Kim Kibum or Key! Neh! I’m a new comer at this school! Are you by chance Kim Jonghyun?!"

Jonghyun laughed out loud and took off his headphones.

"God. You don’t have to yell so loud, Key-ah. Control your freshman emotions why don’t cha."

Key was taken aback from this extreme change in volume and emotion. He was silenced for the first time in his life and had no idea what to do. This guy was obviously his sunbae and he didn’t want him to hate him on the first day.

"Keke! Key-ah, what the hell is that look for? I’m joking around, I, Kim Jonghyun, good guess by the way, am many things." 

Jonghyun now had one foot on the coffee table in the middle of the room and one fist in the air. 

"I am first and foremost a singer, I am a leader, and I am the king of skin ship and poking fun at freshmen! But I am the greatest hyung you will ever meet!" 

Jonghyun then flashed a cheeky white smile in Key’s direction while Key laughed at his new hyung’s silly antics. Key took a mental note: sophomore Kim Jonghyun has boundless energy, a cheeky smile, cocky attitude, sings, and is short. Keke. He seems like a good guy, can’t wait to get to know him. 

 

They talked for a while and as Jonghyun was about to boast about his singing skills, another beep came from outside. Key couldn’t be more nervous. The first flat mate turned out to be a good one, but what about the next one? The door opened and in walked a one of a kind cutie. Cute but very handsome, Key pointed out. Flawless skin, lean figure, messy hair, this was of course  Lee Taemin. Taemin didn’t notice the two other boys sitting in the room staring at him until Key coughed to grab the obviously nervous, but smiling boy. Taemin, bowed, then folded his hands on his head, took a deep breath in and began to talk and blink at impossible rates.

"Ohhh~!! Anneyeong! My name is Lee Taemin and I am a young freshmen so please take care of me. I dance and I am nervous and I ramble a lot so please feel free to stop me anytime you want, oh my goodness what do I do? You two hyungs are just staring at me and I should stop talking now, okay, okay. I’m done. Thank you for listening." 

Both of the older boys broke out in laughter. Jonghyun then spoke,

Taemin-ah! Calm down! Key here is a freshman too and I am a sophomore. We will take care of you and show you around and everything. I am Kim Jonghyun and I sing but I will be placed in new courses as well and this is Key and he...well I just met him, but I know for a fact he likes Ke$ha. So welcome!!" 

"Yah! Jonghyun hyung, why did you pick on me and scare me less but you welcome Taemin with a hug and a bucket of rainbows?" 

Taemin visibly relaxed and began to talk with his silly but friendly new hyungs. Key made another mental note: Lee Taemin is shy at first, but totally adorable and fun, he loves to dance, plays a kick- game of slide, and is very young for being a college freshman. Key wanted to protect him. 

They had now been waiting for fifteen minutes for the next flat mate to come in. Jonghyun, having a short attention span was doing push-ups. Key and Taemin were playing an intense game of slide. The beep then signaled again. The fourth flat member was about to come in. The only two left were Lee Jinki and Choi Minho. The door opened and in walked a tall, fit guy with dark hair, full lips, long legs, and a footballl under his arm, and another arm rolling a trolley stacked with cardboard boxes. Everything about this guy was mysterious, especially his large doe eyes, but he was highly adorable once you get passed his manly good looks. Key was impressed with this guy’s presence, Taemin was waving enthusiastically, and Jonghyun was speechless, and his mouth was partly open, however no one seemed to notice. Jonghyun was now blushing. The guy put down his football, bowed politely, flipped his long-ish hair and said,

"Anneyeong, my name is Choi Minho. I am a freshman and am happy to start the year with all of you. Please take care of me."

His voice came from the ground, it was so low. Jonghyun now blushed an angry red."

Hi Min...minho! I’m..."

"Ayo Minho hyung! I am Lee Taemin, a freshman too and this is Key hyung, he’s a freshman, and this other guy is Jonghyun hyung, he’s a sophomore. Welcome to our flat! I can’t wait to get to know you!" 

Minho chuckled at Taemin’s excitement and decided to sit down and wait for, by process of elimination was Lee Jinki. Minho was very warm so he decided to take off his button down shirt because he was wearing a wife beater. Jonghyun’s heart stopped. Taemin had never seen such a strong-looking back and was jealous that his dancing had not provided him with such a physique. Taemin, feeling more comfortable around Key now, whispered in his ear to punch Minho’s back to see if it could make him less serious looking. Key didn’t want to start off the year by punching his flat mate, nor had he punched someone before, but he had noticed that Minho seemed to serious, and maybe some friendly joking would help his attitude. Key made a fist, kissed it twice, looked at Taemin, and went in for the punch in the middle of Minho’s impressive back. In a deep voice, slowly turning around, with a bit of fire in his big eyes said,

"Key-ah or hyung, not sure which one you are, did you...just punch me?" 

"Neh, sorry Minho-ah or hyung, not sure which one you are. A spirit took over my body and my fist hit your back. I apologize on behalf of myself and the ghost that possessed me." 

Minho was confused as to what he did to deserve being punched, he was annoyed that he was punched, but slightly amused at how confident Key was even though he just punched someone who could easily take him out. He narrowed his eyes, making a decision to annoy Key whenever he could. "

You hit like my grandmother. In that case, I declare you the umma of our flat. Enjoy your new position." 

Minho then curled up on his side, facing Jonghyun, who was so completely oblivious to everything that just happened because Minho was there, near him, wearing a thin shirt, muscles showing. Minho then chuckled at Key’s scoff and dozed off into a late afternoon nap. 

Minho and Taemin were both asleep and Jonghyun was telling Key about Jinki.

"He’s my favorite hyung. He is protective and thoughtful and dorky and smart. He is so kind and he trips over everything. So basically if he were to bake you scratch made cookies, when he would get to your door to give you them, he would trip over his nerves and provide not only a tasty snack, but also a show. That’s what I love about Jinki hyung."

 Key didn’t quite understand Jonghyun’s metaphor for his hyung but Key had already heard such good things about Jinki, that he was excited to meet him. Jonghyun’s phone then buzzed.

"Oh! Jinki hyung is on his way right now, he just had to get money to treat us all to dinner downstairs at the ramen shop, which by the way is delicious." 

The beep then went off again...and again...and again. Jinki was here. But then Jonghyun began to count down. 10...9...8...7... Outside, there was then a loud thud. He hits his head on that loose gutter when he’s trying to look for his spare magnet key everytime keke. 6...5...4...3...2...1...

"Jonghyun-ah! My key isn’t working! Will you open the door for your old-man hyung?" 

Jonghyun ran over to the door, opened it, to reveal, the cutest, most handsome guy Key had ever seen. It’s been three seconds and already Key’s heart was beating a mile a minute. Jinki had an amazing head of honey colored hair, bright clothes, and a smile to match. His voice was silky and calming. Key needed to get to know his senior now...one cannot control what their heart wants. Jinki...there were no words for Jinki in Key’s mind. Mental note: Jinki is perfect. He is best friends with Jonghyun hyung. He is perfect. Panting from the all the running he had to do to get the money for dinner from the financial office, Jinki announced,
 

"Hi everyone! Welcome! We will get to know each other really well over these years! Let’s go eat, catch up, and get to know each other! C’mon  Jonghyun-ah, wake those two up." 

Jonghyun ran over to the part of the floor where Taemin and Minho were sleeping. Jonghyun tickled Taemin into submission, then went over to Minho, and carefully cradled his head and ruffling his heir while singing his name. Minho blinked cutely and looked extremely confused and tired. Taemin was still overcoming the shock from being intensely tickled, Key was mesmerized by Jinki, but trying to hide it, Jonghyun was laughing hard at the looks Minho sent his direction because Jonghyun woke hip up. Jinki then decided to yell,

"YAH! Let’s journey to eat out the most delicious ramen ever! We all have a lot to talk about and have busy days ahead." Taemin then linked arms with Key excitedly.

"C’mon umma!" Jonghyun yelled at Key because Key was taking way too long with his bag. Key glared at Jonghyun.

Then, there was a sudden loud thud and Jinki was gone. The four other boys then entered the stairwell and looked down to see Jinki hyung on his back with a thumbs up, saying he was okay. Jonghyun screamed down, pitying his hyung, but also tyring to contain his laughter, 

"You never fail to entertain your audience hyung!" They all broke out into extreme laughter.

A/N: All of them together at last! Long chapter huh? ENJOY :D