Chapter 21

My Lovely Baby Daughter

 

As they all wait in the waiting room, no one said a thing. Everyone has finish everything and anything they needed to say... or shout. 

Needless to say, the company is in more mess than it was. 

Even though the DNA test results are not out yet, but it seems like everything's already determined. Company's already in discussion, whether Kyuhyun would lose his job or not. 

Kyuhyun sits lifelessly in the corner, his eyes staring blankly at the wall.

 

Then, a social service worker nod on the door. They immediately let them in, and he place the envelope on the table. Sensing the bad atmosphere, he open it up and pass it on to Kyuhyun. 

 

Kyuhyun look at it, but his hands won't move. Snatching it away this time, it's the SM staff. With just a single look, he scoff. He smack it on the table, before leaving with the rest of his team. 

 
 
 
It's a positive match. Kyuhyun knows it without even seeing it.
 
 
 
But his manager takes a look anyway, he hold the papers in his hands with some moment, before giving a long sigh. The young social worker who is still in the room, glance between the two of them.
 
 
 
"So.. What happens now? Do we get to see her?" His manager ask calmly.
 
"Err.. I'm afraid not. The center is aware and worried of your conditions right now, so they denied permission to bring her home." He rub his head as he answer.
 
"Yes, we understand. Thank you." 
 
 
 
He look at Kyuhyun. "Yah. She's your daughter." He flash the results to him. 
 
"Congratulations." He say, and he sincerely mean it.
 
 
 
Although this situations is difficult, he knows and understands it. Hyuna is an irreversible mistake. It doesn't do much blaming it on him.
 
Anyway, now that he has a daughter, he has another life to be responsible for. Instead of insults, he needs encouragements. 
 
 
 
"Yah," He call out again, seeing that Kyuhyun doesn't respond. "Don't you care?"
 
Kyuhyun continue to stare into space, like he's in his own world.
 
 
 
He watch Kyuhyun for another moment, before he sigh again. "Alright. Okay, let's go home." 
 
 
 
Then, with little force, he drag Kyuhyun out by his arm and walk out with him. 
 
 
 
 
 
"WAIT! JUST ONE SECOND!" Someone suddenly shouted.
 
She quickly run toward them and hold out a letter. 
 
Before his manager could refuse it, she say, "It's Anna's." 
 
 
 
At the sound of her name, Kyuhyun lift his head and look up.
 
 
 
But because his manager sense that they're starting to gain attention, he quickly grab it and pull Kyuhyun away. 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
Ding Dong..
 
 
 
 
 
A moment of silence...
 
 
 
 
 
"Hello?"
 
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun look into the intercom. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh, It's our son? Come in!" 
 
 
 
 
 
And the door unlock itself.
 
 
 
 
 
When he step into the house, his mother, full of smiles is already waiting for him at the entrance. He look at his mother dearly. She look just the same as before, but hints of wrinkles already start to gather around her eyes. She's aging.
 
 
 
"Oh, it's our son! What brings you home?" His mother pat his shoulder.
 
 
 
"Nothing, I miss you, that's all." Kyuhyun reply as put his hands around her.
 
 
"Aigoo.. My son... Are you hungry? Should I cook something?" She caress his face. 
 
 
She already knows something happened. Kyuhyun isn't the type of son that visits his mother all the time for no apparent reason. She knows he needs her. He needs comfort and warmth. 
 
With some leftover boiled chicken, she made him some porridge. As she set it in front of him, her eyes soften and her heart pained. Kyuhyun's face is full of gloom and his eyes look so lost. He look exactly like how he look when he first debuted. Everyone in his group resented him and want him to go. Nobody knows him and the fans was questioning his presence. He just feel so... hopeless.
 
 
With little energy, he lift up his spoon and start to dig in, but slowly. Her cooking is just as good as he remembered. So homely. 
 
 
"Umma.." He call out. 
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Today... I went to Ulsan."
 
"Ulsan? What for?" 
 
"Social service called the company, saying I have a daughter."
 
"Really?" open up in surprise, making Kyuhyun smile at her cute expression. "Then?"
 
 
 
"My every details were on the papers. It felt so real." 
 
"Aigoo! Fangirls are crazy nowadays, aren't they? They have your social number and everything? You have to be careful!" 
 
Kyuhyun's smile slowly turn bitter. "Mmm" He nod. 
 
 
 
"So, what about the mother?" 
 
"She.. runaway, I guess."
 
"Omo.. So cruel..." 
 
"Yeah. She is."
 
 
 
"So, what happened?"
 
Kyuhyun shake his head as he smile. "Nothing. It's just... The baby is so.. poor thing." 
 
 
He continues, "She alone right now, at this moment as a orphan. Her mother runaway. His father? ..."
 
He laugh as tears roll down his face. "He doesn't even know he should acknowledge her or not."
 

She grab his hand tightly as tears roll down her face as well.

 

 

"Umma.." He hold her hand as his voice starts to turn. "Anna is the mother." 

 

She says nothing and continue to cry along with her son. 

 

"Her name is..." He cough as he's choke with sadness. "Her name is Hyuna... And-- she's mine." 

 

 

And with that said out, one good portion of the stresses on his chest got lifted up. He then put his head on the table as he starts to break down and sob. His mother, at the sight of his son crying in front of her for the first time in years, burst into tears as well.

 

She hug him tightly. "Don't worry about it. I'll bring her home.. I'll bring her home." 

 

 


 
 
This isn't as long as the previous chapters but It should be meaningful.
 
I hope you guys like it:)
 
If you did, or not, comment and tell that to me!
 
Thank you for all the commentors! I read them well!
 
Subscribe, Upvote and Comment!
 
See you guys soon!
 
- Claire