Chapter 12

My Lovely Baby Daughter

Anna POV

 

I breath a mouthful of air and I adjust my sunglasses for one last time. Just before getting off my mini cooper, i made sure i look perfect as i check myself through my compact mirror. My poor colleagues already don't see me very often.. i want to make sure i look extra presentable to them. 

I tap my office card at the gate before taking the elevator to my office level. Once i reach my stop, i take another deep breath and mentally prepare myself. I confidently walk into the office and try to walk to my private office as fast as possible. 

 

"Oh Anna! It's been such a long time!" a grouchy voice stop me on my tracks. 

I curse silently under my breath. What a luck. 

 

"Hello, JaeJi Unnie. Nice to see you again." I greet unwillingly with my teeth clenched tightly as i watch her walk towards me with a cup of coffee on her hand. 

"It's SunBaenim* (Senior) to you. Let's not get too casual, shall we?" She said and fake a laugh. 

 

Is it obvious that we're not really on good terms? To be frank, she's just jealous that i get requested for big projects even though I'm younger than her, and because of the awards and the fame i got when i was in America. Luckily i mentally prepared myself beforehand. I don't know what I'll do to her if i was confronted by her with a bad mood. Maybe some modification to her nose or some hair removal...

 

"Anyway, it's nice to see you again too. I thought you weren't a part of our company anymore, seeing that you don't come here often." She said, the sarcasm level going off the chart. 

"Oh you must've had noticed my absences. I'm just too busy these days with major projects on hand and requests coming in non-stop. No offense, but It's funny how I'll see you every time i stop by the office.. Don't you have work to do, SUNBAENIM?" I shot back, emphasizing the words Sunbaenim, rubbing it into her face that i have tons of work to do while she has none, even though she's a senior. 

 

She went speechless for a second. 

 

"I just got done with one." She simply stated. 

"Ah, for the magazine spread by the community center for old folks? I've heard. It must be fun working with smiley folks. I'm so jealous.." I said sarcastically with a amused smile. 

 

Two can play this game, . 

 

Her face heat up in embarrassment quickly as she avoid eye contact with me. As soon as she was about to retaliate something meaner, she got interrupted by the familiar voice calling out my name.

 

"Oh Soomi-ah!" I called out as i take in the view of my assistant running towards me.

"Ah, Unnie! You're just in time!" She said as she run with small steps on her devil high heels.

 

"What was it that you say you want to pass to me?" I asked.

She sneak a smile that she wasn't able to hide in respond.

 

"Come with me unnie!" She then pull me along with her.

 

Turning into the end of the hallway, Both of us head into the staff lounge. Once in the room, a huge brown basket of white and pink lilies can be seen sitting on the table.

 

"Wow. Who does this belongs to?" I asked, amazed by the flowers.

It's very cute and yet romance, a summer-ish feel to it.

 

"Is there a suitor that i don't know about? Huh, Unnie?" She asked with her cheeky smile.

"Suitor? Who?" I responded.

"That's what I'm asking you." She said as she take the envelope from the basket and hold it out for me to take.

 

Taking it without any hesitation, i ripe the envelope open with Soomi's curious eyes locked on it. A VIP Pass drop to the floor, following a note in it.

 

Nana, Are you surprised? Haha! I wanted this to send to your apartment but i figured that'll be no fun in that, so i send it to your office. No need to thank me but you're welcome!

Anyway, there's a SuperJunior concert next week, i want you to come. There's will be no argument over this, because you refused to come to Japan to watch Super Junior KRY concert a few days ago, remember? So I'll see you there! KH 

 

"OMG!" Soomi exclaimed as she read the letter from my hands.

 

I slightly panic. It is obvious that its him? Did she realize who this is from?! OMG, what should i do? Should i bride her? Nah, She's my friend, she'll keep it a secret for me... right?

 

"OMG! He likes SuperJunior? You love them too!" She continued.

 

I sliently sign in relief. That's right, she's not that bright in her head.. Thank god!

 

"Who says i like them.." I lied as i go along with her, to not make it obvious.

"What? Your laptop, your apartment and your desk are scattered with their pictures, right? I saw them! You're a huge fan of the... .. what's his name.." she paused as she think hard.

"Shindong." I randomly said, completing her sentence.

"Is that his name? Ah, whatever. Anyway, there's a pile of requests on your desk! Bye! I'm going for lunch!"

 

With that, she skip out the office. I watch her leave the area before turning to the flowers in front of me.

 

"Oh, Anna! I see you came to take your flowers? Who send them? Will you be introducing him to us soon?" A few colleagues asked as they walk into the staff lounge.

 

Oh great, thanks a lot kyuhyun. (note the sacarsm)

 


 

Time passed by swiftly and the day arrived, I dress up casually in a simple dark jeans and black tank top, matching them brown knee length boots and a brown beanie. Taking a simple leather jacket with me, i got ready and got myself out of the house.

After a half an hour journey ride by my car, i finally find myself standing in front of Olympic Gymnastic Arena, with the gigantic poster of SuperShow3 across the building. Even though the performance doesn't start for another hour, the entire area is already packed with people, some holding blue light sticks, some holding big placards.

 

I smile, I'm finally going to see Kyuhyun after two weeks. He's been too busy with his Japan KRY promotions.

 

I make my way towards the side entrance, which is strictly for VIP pass guests. The guards let me pass after checking my pass. VIPs are allowed to bring cameras, so bag check is not really necessary. Then i was lead towards the basement, a small area where reporters and some rich fans are, standing around the room with huge camera hanging around their necks.

I pull my beanie down to further hide my face and stand around the room as i try to blend in with the crowd. As more and more people starts to fill the room, some which i recognized as celebrities, I begin to feel uncomfortable and bored. I feel so out of place.

I don't think it's a good idea to start talking to random celebrities. Don't even need to mention about the reporters, I will never step a foot near them, even if I'm dead drunk. Oh yeah, there is also some fans in this room~ Over my dead body! It's hard to tell if they are normal fans or stalker fans. What if they happen to know who i am? I do want my life to end in peace, not die getting attack by crazy fans..

 

Finally, members of super junior start strolling into the room. Donghae (i learned all their names), run across the room and hug a middle aged woman, his mother probably. Other members just simply entertain reporters that approach them. I just stand at the corner, looking around the room.

 

Suddenly a hand tap my shoulder and I turn around in reflex.

 

"Oh! Photographer-nim, hello!" Yoona greeted formally as she give me a quick bow.

"Oh Yoona-shi, hello. Don't be so formal, just call me Unnie." I whispered to her as my excited smile changed into a polite smile. 

 

"Oh, okay. What is Unnie doing here? Are you here for the concert?" Yoona asking the obvious.

 

"Anna?" A voice called out from no where, not really deep but you can figure out that it belongs to a man.

 

Then he suddenly appear behind Yoona, and smile the moment he sees me.

 

 

"Oh! Sungmin oppa! You scared me!" I exclaimed as i realize its only him.

"Oppa? You guys are close?" Yoona asked.

"Oh? You didn't know?" Sungmin responded and Yoona shake her head.

"Of course we're close! Since Anna is Kyuhyun's.. ... you know.." Sungmin said in a low voice as he clasp his hand together and intertwine it, hinting Yoona with the action. 

 

Yoona look confused for a second, but as sungmin continue giving her hints with his eyes, she seems to finally get it as her jaw literally drop.

 

"Really? Since when!" she exclaimed loudly, gaining some attention. She immediately cover as she realize her volume. She then bow slightly towards the crowd that had their head turned towards us, signaling them to continue on with whatever their doing. After they turn back to minding their own business, Yoona turn back to me.

 

"Unnie, you and... Kyuhyun.. Really?" Yoona pause at every word, with happiness/excitement in her eyes.

 

I slowly nod as study her expression. Yoona don't look like someone who would expose it.. but never trust a book by its cover. I might never know..

 

She smile brightly at my respond and jump happily on the spot. Seems like gossip gives her wings.. Sungmin also laugh at her reaction. After which, he turn to me.

 

"You're here to find him?" Sungmin asked casually.

"He some sort of force me.. He said i can't miss this because i didn't want to go to all the way to japan for the KRY concert." I said in a low voice after making sure there is no potential threat around us. We're in a room filled with reporters for the sake of god!

 

He laugh "He did? Hahaha, i'll use this to ."

"Speaking of him, where is he?"

"Kyuhyun is sleeping in the waiting room. Oh! Wait here, i'll go get a backstage pass for you."

 

He then walk off. Immediately after he left, Seohyun appear behind yoona's shoulder, looking bored. I'm starting to think everyone is hiding behind yoona's back.

 

"Oh! You're.. " she paused as she think hard.

"She's the photographer for the SPAO's photoshoot, Anna unnie." Yoona reminded her.

"Oh! Hello!" She quickly bow and greet, incredibly and extremely formal.

I quickly return the greeting with a bow in the same matter, in shock. Looks like she sees me as a big figure..

 

"Em, actually you don't have to be formal with me. Just call me unnie will do." I said. She nod obediently as she respectfully place her hands in front of her, making me feeling incredibly awkward..

 

Saving me from the awkward moment, sungmin join the group just in time. He straight away pass me a backstage pass onto my hands and quickly (and gently) push me towards the backstage, with yoona following close behind us in excitement. He lead me towards many long and busy corridor with people rushing pass us. We down down the stairs, and turned right.

Once outside a room with "SuperJunior" banner sticked onto the door, he stop and signal for me stay outside. I obey him but peek by the door. He enter the rowdy room with a number of members inside, some getting their makeup and hair done, others sitting around with food on their hands while chatting. Kyuhyun is sound asleep on the couch against the wall, even with all the noises of the hairdyers and the people talking and shouting across the room.

 

Once sungmin made sure kyuhyun was still in deep sleep, he signal me to come. I then slowly walk into the room, as quietly as possible.

 

"Oh! An-" Shindong said but got cut off when Sungmin shh him.

 

The room then got slient for a short moment as everyone had their eyes on sungmin, wondering what the hell is he up to. But when sungmin point at sleeping kyuhyun to the group, the cooperative group almost immediately continue to fill the room with noises as they say random stuff with their eyes watching us.

 

A laugh almost escape my lips as i listen to their random-ness attempt.

 

Actual Situation:

"Ah! Hair gel got into my eye! @#$&@$!" Heechul screamed, but is actually sitting there, prefectly fine and amused.

"Ah! This is so delicious! Ah! This is so delicious..." Shindong repeat continuously, like a broken record. 

Yesung start singing a children rythem, and even got out of tune in the process.

"the third stage... the lights.. blah blah blah... dubokki and costume.. blue, green, red, yellow, black, white.." Ryeowook blabbered randomly, afterwhich break into a song of DoReMi. 

Siwon simply sit there and watch with his cheeky smile. 

 

Sungmin then quickly hit my shoulder and put a bottle of water into my hands. I look confusingly at him. He then take a empty bottle from a table, flip it upside down and shake it while pointing at sleeping kyuhyun.

 

Everyone laugh and cheer as they finally understand what sungmin wants me to do. Looks like kyuhyun's hyung really wants to see kyuhyun get prank really badly. With just a swift movement, everyone all have their phone in their hands and start to video the moment.

 

I then hold the bottle on my hands and walk towards the sleeping kyuhyun as I cover my mouth, stopping me from giggling. After taking a deep breath while i gathered my bravery, i open the bottle and quickly empty the bottle's content onto kyuhyun. The sleeping kyuhyun immediately jolted up from the attack, but was still too sleepy to understand the situation. He remained still as drops of water from his drenched hair drip continuously onto the leather couch.

Straight away, laughter filled the room as they watched the evil maknae get to be their victim of "it's refreshing game". After he finally realize the situation, he flip his hair to the back and look around with his evil glare. Seeing me being the nearest, and having a empty water bottle on my hands, he glare at me.

 

"Yah! Anna Allen!" He yelled as he get up from the couch.

 

I quickly run for it but he was too quick. He then caught me by the waist and lift me up effortlessly, and drop me down onto the wet couch. He then climb on top of me and hover over me as he purposely flip his hair wildly, getting me all wet.

 

"Ah! Stop! I'm getting drenched!" I laughed in between the sentence.

 

He then stopped as bored his eyes into mine, making my heart pound in extra fast. To us, it's no problem at all, since we do this all the time. Pranking each other, then running away, getting caught and always ended up in this position (or making out). But to others..

 

"YAH!" Heechul screamed. 

Yoona is covering her eyes. 

Siwon had big shock eyes. 

Ryeowook is still videoing. 

Sungmin is covering his face with his hands and peeking at us between his fingers. 

Shindong just sit there with envy in his eyes.

 

What? Whats wrong? Why are you guys reacting like we're having in front of you guys?

 

At this moment, leeteuk return with eunhyuk and donghae chatting behind him.

"Yah! What are the both of you doing?" He asked, even though he can see pretty well without any glasses. 

Eunhyuk and donghae stop conversing half-way with their jaw dropped.

 

Then in perfect timing, the rest of the members of girl generation walk in.

"Yoona-ah, some reporters are looking for you! let's gooo-OH MY GOD!"

 

Kyuhyun then break ourselves apart for the sake of these hopeless, lonely and too innocent or too dirty minded people around us. He just walk to the makeup and hair station, beside heechul and settle down as a stylist unnie hang a SuperShow3 towel over his shoulders to help him dry off. 

 

"You guys are hopeless." He simply said.

 


 

Heyhey guys, I'm back~~

Heres the real chapter 12! It's short, I know.

It's nothing much... compared to the next chapter! Wahaha!

I've already look through the comments for the special request week.

Only 1 request. By yumiisashawolThank you for that! 

Anyway, Comment, Subscribe and Rate Up, if you liked it.

See you guys next week!

- Claire