Chapter 8 → Fantasies

My Boyfriend is a Vampire

Your POV

 

  Thinking of the time my mother left me abruptly without even asking twice and my father shamelessly leaving me at the orphanage and then trotting away without a word, I teared up. Tears stung my eyes and streamed down my rosy cheeks, paled by the thought of my abandonment.

 

   And just then, the boy's face appeared in my mind.

 

  That boy. The only boy who had couragously went up to me to introduce himself, the only one who offered to be my first buddy in that cold orphanage which gave off a mysterious aura, the only one who made me feel at home in that dreadful place I could never have imagined making a friend at.

 

  Jang Hyunseung.

 

  I could never forget him. Everything about him was just this familiar, those dark chocolate brown orbs with just this special little tinge of deep violet in them which could stare straight into my soul; that high aquiline nose which nuzzled against my chestnut hair as he embraced me when I was upset; those slightly thin yet rosy pink lips which looked so kissable...

 

  And the most concealed part of him which others may not see, but yet stands out to me and in my opinion, the best part of him - the tiny dark mole on the left of his neck. 

 

  That y mole.

 

  Enough of my daydreaming.

 

  As I thought and thought of him, I felt more and more determined to find him. He was, undoubtly, whisked away by independance at the age of 16 2 years ago. I have never felt 2 years pass by so slowly, being a loner. I need him in my life. NEED. Not WANT.

 

  And I will forever be, unless I find him. 

 

  It was as if someone had a switch in my head as I quickened my pace and briskly ran to school. 

 

  I felt determined. I would not waste time doing silly little things after school. I would make use of all my time to remember all that Hyunseung had told me in the fun years that I had spent with him, and follow them to find him. I won't waste any more time brooding over silly matters.

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

  Early in the morning, I was in such a rush to get to school that I used my teleporting powers to teleport to the classroom.

 

  This was totally unlike me. I was such a lazy - as what my friends often named me as - that I wouldn't even get ready for school until 5 minutes before the assembling time and would hurriedly dash to school. However, due to us vampires' high speed, we would often get there in the blink of an eye with 4 long minutes to spare.

 

  Yet today, I felt an overpowering urge to get ready early and had even used my teleportation powers to reach school. It was so early that no one else was in the classroom...but me.

 

  A feeling overcame me. What was it? Sadness? Disappointment? Worry?

 

  It seemed to be a mix of the three. And I have no idea why.

 

  And I seemed to have a heartbeat...AGAIN. But vampires do not have hearts at all! Why am I behaving so strangely even though I have full control of my body?

 

  "You don't. Bae Hyunmi does," a voice at the back of my head whispered.

 

  And at the sound of her name - her BEAUTIFUL name - my heart rate actually INCREASED. It started beating even more quickly at a not-so-steady pace. My mind conjured up images of her...images of her eating, images of her sleeping, images of her reading...

 

  What the hell am I doing? And why am I acting like this?

 

  "Sungyeollie, you seem to be in love with the new student, aren't you?" a strict male voice inquired. That familiar voice, the stern one, resounded around the room as the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.

 

  I whipped around to find Sunggyu hyung staring at me. Uh oh, he can read minds...could he have read my mind to find out that I have a heartbeat and that I'm in love with the new girl?

 

  Sunggyu raised an eyebrow and stared deep into my eyes. I gulped.

 

  "So? Is it true?"

 

  Swallowing, I hastily nodded, not wanting to be caught lying to him and wanting to let the awkward moment end as soon as possible. God knows what Sunggyu hyung would do to me if he found out that I have a huge crush on a human whom I have met for just one day.

 

  To my ultimate surprise, Sunggyu broke into a wide smile.

 

  "My Sungyeol dongsaeng, you have grown up to be a man!" Sunggyu hyung chirped, to my amazement. "Well, maybe not man, but a MATURE VAMPIRE. Go for it, dude. I'm lifting the barrier for you and you can break this rule if you want to. Hwaiting!"

 

  Smiling, Sunggyu hyung sprinted away.

 

  Overcome by surprise, I stared blankly into space and did not realise the hand frantically waving in front of me, trying desperately to catch my attention.

 

  "Sungyeollie? Earth to Sungyeol?"

 

  Snapping out of my thoughts, I glanced upwards to meet the gaze of HER. Yes, her. Back in dreamland, I gazed into her deep brown eyes lovingly with tenderness as I studied her flawless facial features. 

 

  Well, it wasn't flawless, yet every part of it caught my attention. 

 

   She had medium-sized eyes which were a deep brown, and if I stared carefully, I could make out that deep indigo glint in them. Or were they violet? And she had a typical Asian nose, not too flat but not too high either; and the cherry lips which were slightly wet with her saliva; coupled with two small ears with detached earlobes. There was a tiny mole on the left side of her face, in between her cheek and her eye. It went well with her slightly tanned skin with a tinge of golden to it.

 

  Urgh.

 

  Me and my fantasies.